Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

Misery Gasoline soon realises that not all is as it seems with the Fabulous Killjoys. Despite the water incident earlier, she is glad that they did decide to pick her up and bring her to their diner. Not many know where their diner is and she feels slightly superior over the fact that she does.

The room she woke in is the room she is in. Though her being her, she decides to not listen to what Party Poison told her and she opens the door but stops in the doorway when she hears a conversation.

"--far away from Route Guano?"

"Five miles."

"That's too far for it to be true."

"I know that Ghoul."

The girl works out that Party Poison is the second one to speak and someone who he calls 'Ghoul' is the first one. She thinks over what she knows about the Killjoys and determines that he must be Fun Ghoul.

There is silence for a while but the girl stays where she is. She wants to listen to them talk more. The diner door opens which makes her think she'll hear more.

"Hey Party?"

"What Jet?"

"What's she doing out of the room?" The girls realises that Jet - Jet Star, she thinks to herself - just spoke about her and now Party Poison is up out of his seat and standing where the hallway begins. It actually surprises her that the diner has a hallway of rooms.

"What are you doing up? You have desert fever, you're meant to be resting," he tells her, eyes narrow into slits. She feels herself back up a little.

"I'm fine but was just wondering when I can leave?" she lies, knowing full well that she wouldn't leave just yet.

Party Poison gives a sigh that is laced with irritants. He walks towards her and she uses her brains and backs into the room and sits on the makeshift bed. "You have desert fever Misery, you leave this diner and you'll drop down. You won't be dead but you'll wish to be dead. Do you really want to die?"

She sits and stares at him over his words. She knows about desert fever but it certainly can't be as bad as he says, can it? "You're lying," she says and crosses her arms.

"Do you want to try it?" he snaps, clearly with no patience for the girl. She shakes her head which has Party Poison watch her for a few seconds until he turns away and leaves the room after he tells her she has to rest.

Funnily enough, he misses the twitch of her arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's now boxing day. Christmas is over for another year. This year was an indication just how much of a family we are. i.e we're barely a family.
Hope you had a good day yesterday.