Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

Prom

Image

"Mac?" I gasped. The restaurant was filled with hydrangeas at most places. The whole restaurant was so beautiful. On the ceiling it had a banner, written in perfect cursive. It said,
"Dianna Tailor, will you go to prom with me?" I looked over at Mac who was raising an eyebrow in question. I smiled and laughed, I nodded and ran to him. I swung my arms around him, I laid my head on his shoulder trying to hide my embarrassed face. He did this all for me.
"You're so stupid." I said and laughed lightly on his shoulder.
"I'm stupid for you." he said, and I laughed more.

"How did you afford all of this?" I asked surprised.
"I worked… that's why I've been a bit busy lately." he said. I smiled.
"You didn't have to.. even if you just asked me casually I still would've said yes." I said playing with the sauce on my plate.
"I know… but, it's our senior year… might as well make something to remember." He said. I smiled and laughed lightly. I tucked my hair behind my ear and spoke.
"I'm always going to remember you." I said smiling, "You're one of the happiest things, I've had the chance to touch." I said. He then frowned. "Hey… what's wrong?" I asked and slid my hand to touch his.
"You don't think we can last together?" He asked.
"Mac.. it's not that." I said quietly and slowly.
"Then what is it?" He asks.
"You're going to get an amazing scholarship in sports and go to a college or university you want to go to… for me… I have my mom and things." I said and paused, I took a deep breath in, "I don't have a plan… I never have a plan." I said.
"Okay." He said then went quiet. I looked at him. I placed my hands on his and rubbed soft circles on his hand.
"I love you. But… I just don't know." I said. He smiled and nodded.
"Yea. It's okay. Enjoy the time we have, right?" He said and smiled. I smiled too… enjoy the time.

"That dress is… too weird." Lexi said shaking her head in disapproval. I looked at it in the big mirror. She was right… it does look weird. It was metallic pink and looks like something Barbie would wear. Good thing I'm not barbie and I don't have Barbie's body.
"Yea, you're right.. What was I thinking." I said.
"You weren't… what's going on?" She asked. I looked at her.
"Nothing." I said and shrugged.
"Oh, don't you dare lie to my face right now. There's something." She said. I rolled my eyes, she was still giving me a look. I sighed and sat down.
"Okay, yes. There's something going on." I said.
"So, what's up your butt?" She said joyfully. I sighed.
"It's about Mac and I." I said.
"Die… nothing's wrong. You guys are perfect for each other." She said.
"I haven't told you what was wrong yet." I said.
"Oh, sorry too early. Anyways continue." She said and crossed her legs on the chair.
"Mac and I went to the future subject." I said.
"What future subject?" she asked confused.
"No.. like… we talked about the future.. for us." I said.
"Oh…" She said dragging out the word.
"Yea…. and I might've hurt his feelings." I said.
"Oh wow, nice one darling." She said and smiled. I scoffed but smiled too.
"Yea.. tell me about it." I said. "I don't know what to do." I said faltering my smile.
"What did you say to him exactly." She asks.
"I kind of meant the fact that we wouldn't last." I said.
"Yea, you hurt his feelings." She said.
"I don't know.. I've never had a relationship like this… even if it was just for 1 year so far now." I said.
"Honestly… Die, Mac's crazy about you. Just the way he looks at you makes every girl want to be with him because of how much he loves you." She said. "Daniel and him talk most of the time and he always brings in up in conversations or he's checking his phone wondering if you texted him or not. He's seriously in love with you." She said.
I shook my head, "It's not easy." Was all I said before I changed the subject to try on another dress.

Image
- Dianna's dress.

Image
-Lexi's dress

I curled my hair and put it up slightly with bobby-pins. Lexi was at my house getting ready too. I was so happy that I brought her to go dress shopping with me, with everything going on… I could've gotten that ugly pink metallic dress.
"You look beautiful, girly." Lexi said. I smiled.
"You look amazing and beautiful Lex… I think Daniel might rip it off you before the night ends." I said smiling.
"You're making me blush!" She said and we hugged each other. My mom came in and opened the door.
"Oh!" She gasped with tears in her eyes, "You both look marvelous and beautiful AND amazing." She said and came to hug both of us. " Ohhh, my baby Ann. I love you so much honey." She said and landed a kiss on my cheek. I smiled, thank god I never wear foundation. The doorbell then rang, "Oh! The boys must be here. Stay up here okay? You have to descend down the hallway for that dramatic effect." My mom said and I laughed.
"Okay. Sure." I said happily.
"Are you ready to blow our boyfriends away?" Lexi asked me when my mom exited out.
"Yes." I said smiling mischievously as she did.
"Okay, girls.." My mom yelled out for us to go. We held hands and suppressed out laughter. When we walked out Daniel and Mac were gleaming in smiles.
"You look…" Mac said.
"Beautiful." Daniel finished, both were breathless. Lexi and I smiled.
"Thanks. We thought that too… anyways.. we have to tell you something." I said sounding serious.
"What?" Mac said worriedly.
"Um.. Lexi and I…. we… we want to be together." I said, my soul was dying in laughter.
"Yea… we decided that we can't really hold it out any longer." Lexi said. She squeezed my hand and I wrapped my hand around her arm.
"We decided we are going to prom together.. without you guys." I said, "I'm so sorry." I said sadly.
"What…" Mac said and scratched his head.
"I… we… but." Daniel mumbled.
"We're sorry." Lexi said.
"We're going to go now…" I said and Lexi and I walked out the door. We waited a couple minutes then we walked back in.
"Thank god, you guys were joking." Mac said.
"No, we're just grabbing our jackets." Lexi said and grabbed the jackets on the hanger. My mom had her mouth open and Daniel head in his hands. Mac was trying to grasp that fact that Lexi and I are lovers. We exited the door, this time waiting a bit longer. We then ran back to the door and opened it loudly. Mac and Daniel were on the floor and my mom was rubbing their backs.
"SSUCKERRRSS!!!!" Lexi and I screamed. WE started laughing like crazy women. Omg, they're faces were soooo priceless.
"Suckkkk IIITTTT!!!!!" Lexi said, we laughed some more.