Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

01

“Please tell me you’re joking.” Olivia Jones murmured in disgrace, as she the words sunk into her ears. The words that turned her world inside out, she couldn’t believe it.
“I’m afraid Miss. Jones, I’m not joking.” The lawyer, an elderly man of around 65 and was near his retirement. He had white-grey hair, with soft blue eyes. Olivia shook her head in disbelief, running her coral-blue painted finger nails through her honey blonde curls.

“This can’t be happening.” Olivia begged, tears in her eyes. The man, who had seen many, worse severe cases then this, had never experienced the emotion he felt now. The emotion of pure devastation and shock.

“I’m sorry to pile this information on to you, but it’s a now urgent matter.” The man said softly, watching the young late teen girl wipe her eyes. She sniffed, wiping her nose slightly as tears dripped of it.

“She’s really chosen me hasn’t she? She’s actually picked me…” Olivia said, still unable to understand what she had been told.

“Yes, it says here quite clearly: In the unlikely event that Anna May Greene and Jacob Michael Calloway both die, then full custody of their child Tallulah Elizabeth Calloway will be presented to Olivia Abigail Jones.” The lawyer read out the piece of paper that determined everything.

“I’m only nineteen!” she whispered furiously, wiping her eyes not because she was being given a child that wasn’t even hers, but because she shouldn’t have to be given this child, as her best friend should be here, to be the mother of that child.

“I understand that Miss. Jones, but you are above the consented age for this. You are allowed to do this, legally.” The lawyer said comfortably. Olivia wiped her eyes, smudging her makeup but didn’t care.

“So I’m her guardian?” Olivia asked, her throat slightly sore.

“Yes, you have the option of handing Tallulah down to either Anna’s mother, or Jacob’s mother and father. But essentially, you are the chosen and wanted guardian.” The lawyer said firmly.

Deep in thought, Olivia thought of Anna, better known as Annie. Her best friend since nursery, and more like the sister she always wanted. She was one of the sweetest, loveliest, beautiful people that Olivia knew from her inexperienced nineteen years of life. Olivia knew that she owed Annie from all the times Olivia vented, cried and confided in Annie. Now, it was time to return the favour properly, despite the fact Annie was gone forever.

Taking a deep breath without a second thought, “Where do I sign?” Olivia said, knowing she was signing her own fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give it a chance, I've had this idea playing around in my head, I have no idea where's going or what's going to happen, but I have a feeling I'm going to get emotional throughout it.

Just a pointless thing to do, this story is dedicated to my best friend, who has no idea I write on this nor shall she ever because I've never shared this with anyone. Not for any particular reason. Anyway, this story is for her, she is alive by the way but this story is just to show the true, strong bond of our friendship.

To My Best Friend, I Love You....

This Is For You...

Hope you enjoy, please give me some feedback as it really does make a difference to my day, thank you :) <3