Status: A new idea, let's see how it plays out...please provide feeback :) <3

Her Best Friend

30

“Okay, so we have peanut butter sandwiches, we’ve got chocolate raisins, we’ve got strawberries, we’ve got soda, we’ve got milk, we’ve got crisps and we’ve got carrot sticks, I believe this is a true picnic baby.” Ryan announced, teasingly as he picked up the large sized hamper and hung it over his shoulder. Olivia rolled her eyes, and popped out the pushchair for Lula to lounge in.

“Are you hungry sweetheart?” Olivia asked to Lula, whose hair was in high pony tail and her stunning curls were bouncing proudly on top of her head. She had got many compliments from Ryan. Lula nodded vigorously. As Olivia strapped the young girl in her pushchair, Ryan took the reign of pushing it, and Olivia carried the chequered blanket as they made their way further into the park, searching for the perfect spot. Ryan smiled at his girlfriend, as she searched and quickly stole a kiss from her, which caused an adorable giggle from Lula.
It had been almost three months since the court case and since Ryan and Olivia had reconciled their relationship, much to everyone’s joy. A few things had changed.

First of all, her Eddie had got married in Scotland, Gretna Green with Jasmine, and she was pregnant. She had been slightly miffed that she hadn’t been invited, but their wedding party a few weeks after made up for it. Secondly, Lula was now officially four years old, and has been for five weeks. Ryan and Olivia threw an over-the-tope party, and Lula loved it, she got many generous gifts. Including riding lessons from Uncle Eddie.
As for Ryan, well he had moved in a month ago, finally giving Tom and Jenny some privacy with their four months year old son. Tom was sad to see his best friend/brother leave, but he wasn’t far away. Ryan and Olivia were living in paradise with each other, and their ‘daughter’. It was fair to say that Lula had come accustomed that Olivia and Ryan were her new parents, she sometimes called Olivia ‘Mummy’ but sometimes didn’t, however she hadn’t called Ryan ‘Daddy’ but she referred to him as ‘Ry-Ry’ and when peopled asked in nursery, she said that Ryan was one of her favourite people. Ryan still worked at Joey’s, but as a manager instead…

Olivia had gotten a new job, working at a bookstore nearby her flat, she actually really enjoyed it, as she also ran reading classes for learning-disabled children. It seemed her life was finally looking up, through the past year she had managed to claim a child, find her love, and heal over the loss of her best friend. Of course, it was still hard. Olivia would never, ever forget Anna, some days she felt sad, but she knew she had love and support from her own family, some days she felt happy, to have been given such a blessing, Lula. Olivia often wondered what Anna would have thought of her now, would she have been pleased? Would she have been jealous? Would she have been annoyed?
Whenever Olivia thought of this, she knew that Anna would have been proud more than anything and probably glad that she chose her best friend as her daughter’s second choice mother. Olivia would most likely ‘get over’ Anna’s death, as it was probably the most scarring, emotional experience she would receive. But she was healing she was coming to terms about it. She often wondered why Anna chose her, instead of Theresa, obviously she’d never know but she was still glad it was her.
Now, Olivia lived with her boyfriend Ryan, with a child she utterly adored, and she was getting paid well. Her family were healthy and alive, and she had a new close friend, Daphne from work. She’d never replace Anna in a million years, but Olivia still appreciated the female company.

“It’s a beautiful day!” Lula cheered, as she scoffed her second peanut butter sandwich. Olivia smiled fondly; and leaned over and wiped the little girl’s mouth, which had been covered with peanut butter. Ryan chuckled and popped another strawberry in his mouth.
“It isn’t, isn’t Lu-Lu?” Ryan said, using the nickname he occasionally used. Lula grinned and looked up at the white fluffy clouds. Some were shaped oddly, some looked like things, and others, seemed to be flying away.
“Do you think Mummy and Daddy are watching us Livvy?” Lula asked suddenly, and Olivia smiled, pleased that Lula thought that way. Olivia always reminded Lula of Anna and Jake, because she never wanted her to forget her real parents. Yes Olivia referred herself as Lula’s mother, and yes Lula often called her ‘Mummy’, but not all the time. Olivia would never replace them, because they were the biological parents that did raise her for three years, very well doing so.

“Yes Lula, they are. They’re watching us now and smiling at us.” Olivia said brightly, and Ryan smiled softly, as his arms were wrapped around Olivia’s waist, as she sat between his legs, and Lula sat facing them in her pushchair, she joked earlier it was her throne.
“Good.” Lula said, and asked for another strawberry and Ryan fed her one. He sighed contently, as the sun beamed down and the smell of peaches wafted in his nose from Olivia’s hair. He kissed her cheek softly, and murmured ‘I love you’ to her quietly. Olivia didn’t reply, but her smile said it all.
-
There comes a time, where you have to revaluate friendships.

Are they true?
Will they last?

If somebody asked you “What would you do if your best friend died?” think about this carefully. What would your answer be? Would you mourn their death quickly? Would you mourn their death for years? Would you use alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, sex as comfort? Or would you let the world swallow you whole?
What would you do without your best companion?

The answer: You’d never forget them.
Just like Olivia would never forget Anna Greene, her best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter of Her Best Friend, I really hoped you enjoyed it! :)
Thank you so much to all those who have supported, and commented and subscribed, thank you seriously :)
I've really enjoyed writing this story, it reminds me of my best friend and how much I love her, and I think I would do the same if I was in Olivia's position :)

Please leave me some comments on what you thought :)

Oh, and if you could take a look at my new story: Forgetting Bee; then that would be fabdabbydosey! :)

<3