Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

13. No Light At The End

********

Grace didn’t know if it was the cold from the weather from the storm now hitting or the adrenaline but her body had become numb as she ran through the woods. She was grateful for the thickness of trees to block the rain coming down but it wasn’t stopping the fear sinking.

Grace felt a panic attack coming on and more than anything she wanted so shut down and curl into a ball from the surroundings but she knew she couldn’t. If she kept moving she might be able to get out of here faster.

Eventually Grace stopped to catch her breath and couldn’t hear anything. She figured Brendon wouldn’t make much noise but she at least expected some noise from animals, if there were any animals.

She could hear Brendon yell and it didn’t sound too close, “Oh come on Grace, why are you even bothering running? The town is in the other direction.”

Grace cursed quietly and looked down at the knife in her hand. It’s all she had to defend herself. She didn’t even know if it would kill him. She looked around at the trees knowing she’d die trying to climb up.

He was closer, “You do know I know these woods better then you right? I was raised in these woods.”

She hid behind a tree before slowly counting in her head to ten trying to gather her thoughts. She heard a snap a few feet from here and she bit her lip. She knew she could go further if she needed to. She had caught her breath but Grace knew Brendon didn’t even have to try to find her. This was his playground, his rules, and his move. She never had a chance.

She opened her eyes to see Brendon leaning against the tree next to her, “It’s no fun if you don’t run.”

“Shit.” She backed away from him startled and started running back to the house, hearing him chase her.

Grace was grabbed from behind and knew instantly it was Brendon. She tried to bend in half as well as twisting her small frame to break his hold. She could hear him laughing and she desperately tried to slip out of his grasp. She attempted so slide down through his hold towards the ground but he caught her quickly.

The hand with the knife had been pinned and she couldn’t reach him to stab him. She continued to fight as Brendon let her watching her attempt to break this vice grip of his. One of his hands slipped up cupping her neck and jawline to tilt her head to the side as she let out a whimper in protest.

“You know,” Brendon pulled her closer to him so his lips could brush her ear, “Its times like this that I enjoy most.”

She felt his hand tighten even more around her waist as she struggled but she knew this death grip wasn’t going to get her anywhere. The hand around her throat had nearly cut off her air supply but just letting her take in small gulps of air. She desperately wanted to stab him with the knife still in her hand but she’d have to try to get her hand free to do so.

“Are you going to ask me why?”

She rasped, “Why?”

“Because,” He felt like a snake tightening around his prey, “You’re so defenseless. All you can do is panic. And I love how you continue to struggle.”

She tried to twist, groaning in the process from the tightness of the hold. Her voice came out exasperated, “You’re sick.”

He chuckled near her ear, “You have no one to blame but yourself.”

She felt him move down to her neck and she pulled her hand with the knife, trying to pull it out with any angle. She was close but not quite there. She needed to hurry; she didn’t know how long Brendon was going to drag this out.

Brendon on the other hand wishing he could see her face now, wide eyes full of panic. He could feel her body tremble under him and that was almost what pushed him over the edge and loosing himself in the moment. He was ready to finish her off, and now. It had been worth the wait.

His lips brushed over her stretched craned neck feeling her pulse jump under her skin, “You came looking for me, remember that.”

She shut her eyes trying not to cry in front of him and to focus all of her strength on the hand with the knife. She wasn’t going to die here; she refused to die here like this. She wouldn’t let him win.

“Do one thing for me Grace,” He paused, hoping to hear her question him, “Scream for me.”

And she did let out a small sound but not a scream as she got her hand free stabbing him in the side dragging it up to create a decent wound. He pulled away and she kept a hold on the knife. She felt her legs wobble knowing he had been the reason she had been standing. Brendon had snarled looking at his side watching his shirt turn red, “You bitch.”

She took in a couple deep breaths to calm the ache in her lungs before running in whatever direction she could. Hitting branches, twigs, snares from the plants Grace was wondering how she was even still standing.

She finally reached the small creek she had jumped over before and saw it had swelled larger from the rain. She knew she could make the jump. She had too. She took a few steps back before jumping over.

About half way through the jump she was tackled onto the other side landing half in the water. She hit her head and felt the wave of dizziness hit her. She was forced on her back and she could see Mike Carden, the vampire Brendon hated and the one that was so fascinated with her.

His fangs barred as he took the knife from her throwing it away from them, “Out here you’re fair game to all of us. No special treatment. He had his chance.”

Grace fought under him, “Get off of me!”

Mike had his fangs barred and tried to reach for her neck. Grace’s squirming kept her neck protected for the most part. Brendon had finally reached him and felt a surge of anger go through him, Grace was his and Mike knew that.

Brendon ripped Mike off of Grace sending him into the shallow water. Grace quickly scrambled away but Brendon reached for Mike lifting him off of ground snarling. Mike pulled away glaring at Brendon landing on his feet.

“She’s mine!”

Mike shook his head, “No, William said I could go after her once she left the house. He told you had couple days and you wasted them. She’s not yours anymore.”

Brendon hissed, “You won’t touch her!”

“She’s only food! Just kill her already and move on.” Mike took a step forward, “Smells good at that. William says she’s sweeter then honey by the way you’re acting with her. He’s watching you know, William, he always sees what we do.”

Brendon’s eyes narrowed, “Any closer and I’ll rib your limbs off.”

“No you won’t.” Mike beamed, “William told you that you couldn’t kill any of us under any circumstances. Besides, you don’t want to get on his bad side again. He’s already pissed off at you.”

Brendon knew William as watching this conversation, he always listened in on his vampires, “He said I could have her. That I could have a toy and he changed his mind. I’m just getting rid of her.”

“He says she’s different.” Mike looking past Brendon hoping to see Grace, “You don’t want her as a toy. You want to change her. You just haven’t come to terms with it yet.”

At this point Brendon was talking to William and expecting William to appear near them, “If I wanted to turn her I would have done it already!”

William didn’t appear but Mike backed off into the woods. Brendon knew William had to have told Mike something then to break up the tension. He shook his head knowing William was testing him. As much as Brendon loving toying with Grace he needed to kill her, William wasn’t going to allow him not to and Brendon knew he’d have to deal with William is he broke another of William’s rules.

It had been a while since he broke one of William’s rules but and he did his time the last time. He suffered and played by the rules to get back in his spot on the food chain. This all had to have been a test. William wanted to make sure Brendon had been serious about being a part of the house again. Brendon felt betrayed that William didn’t trust him even when William said so to his face.

Brendon growled and headed back to the house quickly finding Grace. He appeared in front of her catching her off guard causing her to back up, “You look worn out.”

Grace backed up against the roses and she looked at them before looking back to see Brendon’s glare, “You don’t have to do this Brendon. I’ll leave and never mention anything.”

Brendon furred his eyebrows, “What? You still think you’re getting away? Oh honey, I’m going to kill you.”

Grace reached behind her pulling on one of the rose heads letting it rip off. She let it fall knowing William loved these roses. He’d come out and it might buy her some time. She wasn’t sure but it’s all she was going with.

“I thought you said-”

He stepped forward, “Don’t take it personal hun; I lie to everyone.”

She turned around and grabbed two handfuls of the fullest blooming roses she could reach and ripped them off letting them fall and Brendon stopped in his tracks. Not William’s roses, no, no one even dared even touched his roses. Brendon reached for Grace and pulled her away from bushes trying to see the damage.

“I hear they’re his pride and joy.”

Brendon turned around seeing Grace standing in a middle of a cluster of the bushes. He was wondering how the hell she could get in there so fast but Brendon looked back down at the fallen roses then back at her shaking his head.

“Those girls aren’t as tight lipped as I thought they were.”

Grace grabbed a handful of stems ignoring the pricks from the roses, “No, they’re not.”

“You can ruin them all you want.” Brendon stood in front of Grace letting the roses divide them, “I don’t care.”

Brendon went to reach for Grace but found that he couldn’t. Grace watched with curious eyes noting that it looked like Brendon had hit some kind of invisible wall. Brendon continued to try at different spots around Grace but not reaching her.

“Son of a bitch,” He shook his head and then glaring at Grace, “Thanks a lot. Now you’ve pissed William off.”

Could William have that power? Grace knew Brendon had a few telepathic talents but could William be really stopping Brendon? She felt her stomach sink knowing that for sure she was going to have to deal with William now. Brendon knew it too. His time was up, and William was ticked.

Brendon hissed as he tried to reach past the roses to get to Grace again. Grace backed up against more of the thorns and felt them drag against or dig into her skin making her bleed from new wounds. This was making Brendon crave the blood more. He was hungry, cranky and tired of deal with everyone tonight.

He knew he was getting careless the more he watched her blood run down her fair skin and he didn’t care what he had to do, he wanted that blood and before William decided to ruin the night. As much as a normal situation would have been, he could have waited but no, not now, he needs her now and time is running out.

“Get over here!”

She shook her head as she watched Brendon try to brush the wild roses away but getting his skin burnt from it, “No.”

He huffed while letting his hand heal, “You can’t stay in there forever.”

“Watch me.” She picked one of the roses from its stem and threw it at him, “You won’t let me die. You want to have the pleasure of being the one that kills me.”

Brendon dodged the little flower and waiting till it fell to the ground resting, facing him, and taunting him till he noticed the small drops of her blood that had rested on the petals. He bent down to look closer at the blood and soon letting his thumb scrape the small amount off of the rose and onto his thumb accepting the burning just to get the taste.

Brendon continued to huff as he tried to walk around the bush. He was furious that William would put a block on him; he hadn’t even ruined the roses! He was wondering why William, a vampire, would protect these wild roses anyways, there were more entertaining hobbies.

Brendon cursed William out loud and as well for the flowers; he was a powerful creature and was being stopped by a fucking flower. He was getting weed killer as soon as he grabbed Grace, these flowers were going to be short lived. He didn’t care that they meant everything to William. He was done with William testing him and continuously punishing him.

Brendon glared at her as he licked his lips lightly, trying to think of a plan, “You’re making it worse for yourself.”

Grace could almost feel her heart pumping in her ears, her adrenaline was still kicking in her and she was ready to run, “I don’t care.”

Regardless of being cornered she felt safe, he couldn’t touch her. No more needles, no more bites, no more running, and no more vampires trying to feed off of her. She could stay in here as long as she needed to and she knew she was right about how Brendon would do anything to keep her alive. If he wanted to be the one that finished her off so badly he’d have to keep her healthy until she got out. She knew she probably wouldn’t have the best sleep out here if she needed to but she would be safe.

She couldn’t believe that William could have powers like this. These were just plants. How could a cold blooded vampire be that obsessed with roses to defend them this strongly? She was grateful for it but almost started to laugh the more Brendon continued to try. He was a persistent bastard.

Well, until William Beckett appeared behind Brendon and grabbed his by the collar and threw Brendon across the garden as if he was a rag doll. Here and now was William in all his glory. He looked over at her before back to Brendon. Brendon was ready to fight whoever it was that had attacked him but stopped when he looked up to see William, calm, collected, and with hints of a scowl on his face.

William turned to Grace and she looked up at him as she attempted to back further into the roses not too sure if she wanted to be this close to the Dandies’ leader, “Are you badly injured?”

Grace shook her head, “No, I’m sorry for your roses, he didn’t give me much of an option.”

“That’s quite all right.” He stepped closer towards the edge of the bush, “Come here, I won’t hurt you. I care for my roses more then you.”

She stepped forward near him leaving a small chunk of the bush between them. William leaned over grabbing her by the hips and lifted her up and out as if she were a toddler and let her land softly. He looked her over and shook his head lightly.

She looked over at Brendon as he attempted to stand up. Beckett looked over at Brendon and soon following, Brendon fell flat to the ground once again. He looked at Beckett with fear and attempted to stand once more and the same thing happened again.

“William–”

“Stay down Urie, I’ve had enough.”

William turned away and Brendon yelled, “Let me up!”

Grace watched William disappear and Brendon still struggling under some invisible force holding him down. Brendon was soon flattened across the stepping stones and William reappeared next to Brendon with a foot resting on Brendon’s chest near his throat, almost threatening to move closer and crush that fragile cavity of his.

“You will remain here till I let you up. Understood?”

Brendon nodded up at William and looked away, “Yes sir.”

William stepped off of Brendon and looked back at Grace, “Come with me, we’ll get you cleaned up.”

She quickly walked past Brendon still pinned to the ground by the invisible force and followed William back into the house. She knew she shouldn’t cross William especially with whatever powers he has.

“How could you¬-”

William stopped in the room after they stepped into the house he held out his hand, “Doesn’t matter.”

She cautiously took his hand and as soon as she had they appeared in a different room. It was a small bathroom that barely had room for the both of them. He asked her to sit on the sink’s counter and she did trying not to kick him or take up too much room, it was already awkward being near William she didn’t need to do something wrong.

He looked right in her eyes, “Calm down. You’re heart it beating way too fast.”

She apologized looking away quickly as he grabbed a small facecloth and started to run the water next to her. The water on the material was warm and almost burning as he started to run it down her arms to clean off the blood.

Her voice was small, “I can do it myself if you want me to.”

His look was emotionless, “It’s quite all right, I want to see how severe your wounds are.”

He took his time with her arms and paused when he stopped with her other arm with the bites. William had a clear frown as he looked at all the different scars from the puncture wounds as well as some bruising. He sighed and washed them off.

“You’re a mess. Are those all from Brendon?”

“Yeah, most of them. One is from Pete.”

“So sloppy. I expected more from Brendon.” William leaned a tad closer as he brought her arm closer to look at. She could see William smiling ear to ear, “He’s getting careless. This isn’t like him.”

She let out a forced laugh but biting her tongue trying hard to not make a comment about vampires that wouldn’t upset William. He seemed so fascinated with the puncture wounds she figured it would be easier to just go with it

His voice was soft, “Something about you makes him so helpless. He’s like a little kid in a candy store with you. He hasn’t been like this in a long time. I don’t quite understand how…”

His voice carried off as he bit into her arm. She stared at him but with shock. His bite wasn’t hurting like Pete’s and Brendon’s had been. She could barely feel him and it brought fear to her making her wonder if Brendon had shot all her nerves to hell or something like that.

When William had pulled back he licked slowly across the small wounds. He had been right. She was unique. He felt her forearm tighten under his hold and William looked at her seeing her fear.

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

“No offense William, but I don’t think you can blame me for not believing you.”

William chuckled and let go of her wrist. He brought his own wrist to his mouth and but into the pale flesh. William could see Grace shift uncomfortably and quietly asking him what he was doing. William returned to be directly in front of her, “Drink.”

“I think I’ll-”

“It won’t turn you, it’ll heal the bites.” She looked at him uneasy as he continued, “Brendon did the same to you when he bit your throat. Trust me, if I was going to turn you I would have drained you nearly dry.”

She groaned and pulled his wrist closer noting how brittle it felt in her hands. William over all was lanky and didn’t seem like the type of guy that would lead a clan but then again she didn’t know what he was capable of. Brendon had all kinds of tricks up his sleeve; god only knows what William had.

Grace wasn’t too sure about this but she brought her mouth to the wound and sealed around the teeth marks letting the small amount of blood flow into her mouth. At first she tasted the coppery metal taste and it gradually became a sweet taste that she could handle.

Eventually she pulled away letting his arm fall. She stared in horror as well as fascination as her arm started to slowly heal with the bruises lightening in color in front of her. She slightly shook her head, “How….How does it do that?”

“It causes your cells to work faster.”

Her voice was timid, “Are you going to kill me?”

“I was.” He had a lopsided grin, “But I changed my mind.”

************
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, damn that mibba crash. I knew something was up when I got on and couldn't access Mibba. :/ Please comment and subscribe.
And thanks to all of you that still are with me.