Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

2. Make You Wonder

************

Brendon returned home and even walked through the front door of the large house. He never really called it a mansion but others would. All that mattered to him was that he had his own private escape and wasn’t bothered too often.

He wasn’t surprised to hear the noise from the house. The boys were always so restless when they were inside. He didn’t blame them. He’d rather be outside all the time terrorizing the streets. It was more enjoyable then in here.

He walked into the living room and set eyes on the young red head in the middle of the room. She was crying and trying to stay away from the grabbing hands of the newborns. Brendon stood in the entryway and watched to see what she would do.

She was clearly bleeding from several spots on her from bites and her clothing was torn. Her hair was still up in a ponytail but he’d figure they’d pull out a few hairs grabbing her by it. He could see her cheeks were covered in dark streaks of black from her eyeliner and mascara.

One of the youngest vampires was behind her. He caught her by the throat and pulled her close. The girl looked over at Brendon and he could see her begging for help. He shrugged at her and pushed off the wall of the entry way and walked passed her. He could hear William calling for him anyways.

He made his way to William’s bedroom and entered. He never had to knock because William treated Brendon as a friend rather then a follower. When Brendon entered he could see William lounging in a chair near his desk. Brendon couldn’t count how many times he’d seen William at this desk working on things that he never got to see.

“Yes William?”

William’s thin hands folded under his chin as his elbows rested on the desk to support his head, “Something’s bothering you.”

Brendon sighed. He knew he’d have to tell William what was bugging him. If he didn’t William would find out anyways and hold it against him. It was easier to tell William then to have to wait. Granted, William’s never laid a finger on him but he’s seen William attack a newborn. It was more then he ever wanted to see.

Brendon lets his hands rest between themselves behind his back, “I want to know what you see. How you see it. I want to know why I have to take that girl now instead of whenever William. I want to know how you see what hasn’t happened.”

William smiled at the man in front of him, “Urie what you can’t see will not hurt you. What I see is horrific and I wish it against no one.”

“Is it that bad?”

“Most days. I see every murder, every rape, and every air raid. I see it all Urie. Don’t wish for this ‘gift’ as you call it.” He sat back in his chair letting his hands rest in his lap and then spoke with a vile tone through clenched teeth, “And get that bleeding human off my Persian rug.”

Brendon bowed slightly with his hands still clasped behind him before turning to leave, “Yes sir.”

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Grace sat near her brother Patrick telling him the story again for the hundredth time while Pete rest at the kitchen table with them dazed and ill. They could see the wounds on Pete’s neck and feared the worst. He said he didn’t blame them for sitting across from him.

Patrick gripped onto her hands, “I’m so sorry I didn’t come get you. I thought you were coming tomorrow. And Pete, we’ll get you through this. I’ve actually known about this for a while.”

She looked at him, “You’ve known for sure about the Dandies. That they were real?”

He nodded, “It took me a couple of years but I’ve been observing them closely or as close as I can get.”

Pete gripped onto his neck, “Thanks for the warning!”

Patrick leaned over the table, “How was I supposed to know you were going to be out? Huh? Tell me? I don’t monitor your insomnia!”

It grew quiet and Patrick looked over at Grace, “You’re sure you didn’t see what happened to Peter?”

She shook her head saying she wanted to make sure she was around the corner before anything. She kept apologizing to Pete but he only waved it off with a smile too. Telling her not to worry about him. Saying if he was going to get turned he’d deal with it somehow.

Though, Patrick wasn’t too fond of the idea. Pete wasn’t one to handle his anger. He could see now that Pete was upset but holding it back. He knew then that Pete would spend every hour of the night hunting the Dandies. Pete couldn’t see it now but it was how he would be.

“We’ll work on finding something to help the cravings so you don’t have to kill a human if it comes down to it.”

Pete nodded and smirked, “Do I get a coffin?”

Grace chucked one of the apples in the middle of the table at him, “You loser! This is serious!”

He growled, “I’m trying to lighten the mood. In case you forgot I’m the one turning into the vampire not you! Let me have my fun while I still can!”

Patrick sighed, “Pete, I’ll need a blood sample from you. I want to look at it under the scope.”

Patrick had taken a phlebotomy course to get a part time job. He was pro at looking at blood and telling you what was wrong with what and could explain the normal standards like how the average person could recite the ABC’s.

He was hoping maybe he could figure out this vampire thing. Maybe it was a disease or some sort or something. It didn’t matter but he could compare it to a few samples he had. How he gotten them he’ll never tell them but it almost cost him his life.

He looked at his sister once more, “And you’re not allowed out at night. Not till we figure out why Brendon wants you. I don’t trust him. He’s up there with William. Beyond evil.”

Pete smirked, “Bad to the bone.”

Patrick shook his head, “I’m going to tie you to the car in the garage if you don’t cut it out and be serious.”

Pete tried to pout but he still was so off balanced from the night he almost ended up biting his lip right off. He moaned in pain before excusing himself. He was going to go to bed. He figured he’d rather die in his sleep before this vampire thing kicked in.

What he didn’t know was that it was already changing him. His eye sight was getting better amongst other senses going under change. His heart was slowing down but his white blood cells were acting up. His breathing was less shallow and almost gone. Pete was almost turned completely before he even knew it.

And soon he’d be very hungry.

**************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. XD I’m so touched to see you guys be so supportive.

Please comment and subscribe. :D Pretty please?

And if you haven’t heard, yes I’m continuing Holding My Heart. The new installment is called You’re Overdue. Hope you guys love it. XD

I have a Gabilliam being written so if you’re interested check my profile for info. It’s a short one shot/series and chapter one is out. I think only three chapters at the most. XD

Thanks guys <3