Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

3. My Head Is Spinning

**************

“You go check on him.”

Patrick tried to keep his whisper hushed as he looked at Grace, “It was your idea!”

Grace placed her hands on her hips, “Fine. I’ll go check on him.”

Andy and Joe were downstairs still in shock of the story they heard about Pete. They couldn’t believe it. The idea to them was bogus and both males thought Patrick had gone crazy. They didn’t even know want to make of Grace being in town (Not that she really understood them either other then she knew that they all were good friends and she knew she’d get along with them pretty well.). Pete even showed them the bite mark and Joe soon fainted afterwards.

Since the fainting no one had heard form Pete. He pretty much locked himself up in a room and demanded to be left alone. Grace was concerned but followed his wishes anyways. She didn’t want to make him angry or upset in anyway for that matter. But she at least told him that if he didn’t come down in an hour she was going to go sent someone up.

So now that it was decided she slowly walked upstairs to the barricaded room, “Pete?”

“Go away!”

She leaned against the door, “Pete please? We’re worried. I know we just met but I’m worried about you.”

He grunted and never really responded and she continued, “Pete pretty please? Just go downstairs for like five minutes to show them you’re ok.”

She didn’t hear from him but she heard a small scream or squeak of some sort from downstairs. She ran back down and entered the kitchen. Pete was down there standing in front of them. He looked like he came out of thin air.

Now she knew he didn’t leave through the door and she figured that was probably the only exit but to have him dematerialize like the other vampires she had seen do it meaning Pete had been turned and fully turned.

He looked pale and tired.

He looked over at Grace from across the room and still hadn’t spoken. Maybe it was a bad idea to bring a vampire who is new to the whole thing down in a room with four unprotected humans.

Patrick spoke softly, “Hey Joe, will you go to the basement and look in the fridge down there. There is a container I would like to give to Pete.”

Pete slowly turned his head to look at Patrick before looking over at Joe and watching the male descend the stairs into the basement. Pete slowly looked back at Grace and she could see his eyes narrow and the corners of his lips turn down in a scowl. Grace felt her heart rate speed up as he continued to stare at her.

What she wasn’t expected was the fact he was going to lunge over the table to get to her. He cleared the table and she tried to back away from him as fast as she could. Patrick and Andy both stood and reacted quickly in trying to get Pete.

Pete grabbed onto her right arm as he fell to the floor from his fall. He bit into her arm near her wrist and latched on like a leech. She felt him squeeze her arm so hard she felt it was going to break. Her fingers felt numb as she tried to beat him off.

“Pete! Stop!”

When Pete paused to bit again Patrick wrapped his arm around Pete’s neck and pulled back as hard as he could dragging Pete with him. Pete growled and tried to reach for Grace. He barred his new fangs and let out a hiss.

Andy threw her a rag to help stop the bleeding. She applied pressure and Andy stayed in between her and Pete. Pete wanted her and she didn’t really feel like being an appetizer tonight. Granted this was Pete’s first meal but she didn’t want to be the victim.

Grace held on to the rag covering her bleeding arm harder, “We’ve got to get him blood.”

Patrick shook his head as he continued to try to hold Pete down, “No. Don’t. I know my drink will help him.”

Pete tried to lunge for Grace but Andy continued to block his path by pushing hard against Pete’s chest. Andy and Patrick were struggling to hold the vampire down. They weren’t used to someone having this much strength. Andy looked like he had taken a nasty hit from Pete was going to hold his ground as best as he could.

Patrick gripped tighter with his arm still around wrapped around Pete’s neck, “Fight it Pete!”

Pete continued to bare his fangs as he looked at Grace’s bleeding arm, “Let go of me!”

Grace yelled as loud as she could, “Joe! Hurry!”

Joe ran up from the basement steps holding the container of red liquid that Patrick had been keeping. A weird blood red concoction in a pitcher. He believed it could help vampires from feeding off of humans.

Joe opened the lid and Pete’s attention changed to focus on the container. Joe slowly got closer as Pete stopped struggling. Joe brought it to Pete’s lips and he let it slip past his hungry lips. Pete drowned most of it before turning his head away.

He let Andy and Patrick hold him up, “Let go of me. I’m ok.”

The guys let go of him slowly with caution and he slumped to the floor in the middle of them all. His lips were still red with the liquid and he wiped his mouth clean with his sleeve and looked over at Grace. She checked her arm and smiled at him.

“It’s ok Peter. It’s just a bite.”

He shook his head, “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to bite you. I couldn’t help myself.”

Patrick patted his shoulder, “Its ok Pete. We’ll get through this. My drink helped clearly.”

Pete nodded, “Yeah. I feel full. The urge is gone.”

Joe looked at the remaining liquid and looked at Patrick, “How the hell did you come up with this?”

Patrick shrugged, “Lame eighties movies and myths about the Dandies. There stories of a time period of vampires and humans living together and they had this drink that helped them. So I tried to recreate it.”

Grace smiled, “At least it works.”

Pete gave a half smile before picking himself off the floor, “I’m going back to bed. Patrick?”

Patrick looked up at Pete, “Yeah?”

“Make more of that stuff and leave some off it in my room. I have a feeling this is going to be hard the few first days. I’m getting hungry again already.”

Grace shook her head and snuck out of the room. She had a few questions she wanted answers to and who better to ask then a vampire? She was hoping that she’d be lucky enough to run into Brendon. He had let her go last night so she thought maybe he’d be the same tonight.

She walked into the living room and pulled the rag off of her arm. She had at least stopped bleeding. That was a relief. She didn’t want to be going into town leaving a scent to call all the vampires. She wasn’t too fond of the idea of being a beacon.

She discarded the rag and pulled on her shoes. She was going to need something to defend her self. If Patrick was researching weapons he would have something to protect himself.

She wondered into the basement without being seen and tip-toed down into Patrick’s little lair. She found his desk and could see a wooded stake right on top. She grabbed it quickly and booked it back upstairs.

She left the house quickly and quietly. She knew that was a bad thing but she didn’t care. She had questions and she wanted answers. This was going to be the stupidest thing she had ever done but hell, the adrenaline in her was telling her to go for it.

She managed to find her way back to her spot from last night and could see someone walking away from her but further up the block. She gripped the stake tightly and slowly sped walked. She could see the suit jacket from here. It had to either be a business man or a vampire working for William Beckett.

She was now afraid she’d run into William. Brendon was scary but William would be worse. William was always such a horrible guy in the stories she was told. Said he was rough with woman and that killing was the nicest thing he could do to someone. As she let that thought sit she could see the figure in front of her better.

She called out to him knowing who it was, “Hey Brendon!”

Brendon stopped walking down the street alone and turned to Grace, “Yes?”

He was glad she had finally called out to him. She had followed him long enough, “We need to talk.”

He smirked and started to walk towards her. She was all alone. He couldn’t smell any humans but he could smell a vampire faintly. He had told the Dandies to back off of him tonight because he was handling Grace. He knew she’d come out tonight to see him.

He got close enough to her and saw the freshly handmade stake in her hand, “What do you want to talk about?”

“Pete and what you did to him.”

He was taken back and pointed at himself before turning away from her because lacks of interest or so how he played, “Me? No I did nothing to him. You want to talk to who turned him pick it up with Beckett. He does all the turning.”

He liked what confidence she did have or it was stupidity. He didn’t care, “Don’t walk away from me.”

He pouted and turned to her, “But I’m hungry and unless you plan on giving me you, I’m going to get something to eat.”

He stayed turned towards her and backed up slowly. He smiled and kept walking when he noticed she was walking towards him. She was going to follow him. She wasn’t going to back down. He almost laughed to himself. Oh, what amusement.

Brendon was tempted to skip backwards just to lighten the mood. He felt a little intimidated by her cold look. He knew she was scared. She couldn’t hide it from him. He could practically dance to how fast her heart was beating.

He dematerialized, shocking her for a moment before appearing right in front of her causing her to step back, “Why are you following me? Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

“I-Uh.”

He flashed her a toothy smile, “If you’re looking to score my number–”

She raised her hand to shove the tipped piece of wood into him but he caught her hand quickly before she could even notice what had happened. He grabbed the other free hand and guided her to rest against the side of a car near the side of the road they were on. He kept her pinned and squeezed on the hand with the stake.

She dropped it and let out a light yelp. He smiled again and she struggled to try to shove him away or at least get her hands free. He shook his head and waited till she would give up on fighting him. He could wait. It was annoying but he could wait.

He tilted his head to the side and gave her an annoyed look, “You done?”

Then he noticed she was still cringing trying to get her right hand away from him. He knew he squeezed hard to get her to drop the stake but not that hard. At least that’s what he thought till he could smell blood. She was bleeding.

He looked over where at her right hand and he could see the red river starting to seep from under his hand. He removed a couple of his fingers to see the bite marks. He smirked down at her and dug the nail from his thumb into the side of one of openings.

“I take it Pete had his first meal.” He shrugged, “At least he didn’t kill you.”

He leaned down to lick away at the blood and she tried to kick him, “Let go–”

He cut her off while dodging the kick, “God you’re feisty. Though, it’s a shame you wanted to kill me. Kind of a turn off.”

She shifted under him, “Let go of me.”

“You didn’t say please. So no, I won’t.”

He leaned over to lick at the wound. He loved the taste already. He knew she was going to taste sweet but not this sweet. This was candy to him. It impressed him and he knew then he couldn’t kill her. No, he was going to have to keep her live so he could taste this honey consistently.

He stared intently at the wound and dug his nail against the side again to let some more blood seep out, “So what did you want to talk about?”

She let out a whimper, “Pete.”

He looked at her, “What about him? Other then the fact he didn’t get a full tummy.”

He licked away at the blood as she asked her question, “How often does he have to–Ah.”

He had bit into her wrist trying to stay near the holes already there. He just wasn’t getting enough. He needed more and the small amount he was getting was just not enough. He pressed her wrist so close to his mouth and held it for what felt like an eternity to her.

She hadn’t screamed yet. It was a disappointment to Brendon but he didn’t mind too much. The taste was something he’d settle for. It was delicious regardless of what she did. He had wished she would scream but it didn’t seem likely.

He pulled away and looked back at her once more, “For the next few days he’ll need to feed often. Then he can fix a diet for himself. Like a baby, he needs to fatten up first. Hence why we call them newborns.”

He licked across the wound one more time, “Please let go of me.”

Her voice was so soft. His ears picked up the soft voice but he really didn’t want to let go. He was fine the way he was. Though, she did say please this time around. Not to mention he was in a good mood. Especially after getting a taste of her.

He released his hold and backed away from her with his hands up defensively. She thanked him quietly and he tilted his head to the side. She had thanked him. He thought maybe he had gone crazy.

He turned slightly away, “Now if you don’t mind, I’m still hungry.”

“Wait,” She took a step forward, “I–Uh.”

“Save your questions honey. I’m not in the mood.”

“But–”

He gave a dramatic sigh and glared at the young adult, “God shut up! Go home before I really do kill you.”

She took a step away from a car and she could see someone run past her. It was a girl about her age. She continued to run and a vampire also passed her. It was another vampire who looked like he was apart of the Dandies.

Brendon reached out as quickly as he could and grabbed the girl by the throat. The other vampire stopped in his tracks and looked at Brendon in fear. The girl struggled under Brendon’s grip and clawed at his hand trying to get him to let go.

Brendon’s voice had pure hatred, “Can’t you do anything right?”

The other looked like a crumbling building, “I’m sorry. I just–”

Grace could swear she saw a vein in Brendon’s neck twitch, “You just what? Lack the skills of being a decent vampire? You’re a waste! I mean this is a woman and you can’t even catch her? Pathetic. Get out of here!”

The vampire dematerialized and Brendon looked at me, “Why are you still here? Are you standing in line for my meals? Because I have one right here and it’s all I need.”

She took a step forward, “Let her go. Please. She doesn’t deserve to die. I know someone who has a drink that can stop you from feeding on humans.”

He snorted, “Why the hell would we want to do that?”

“It saves you from killing people.”

He rolled his eyes, “I like killing people thank you. Its fun and my only amusement right now besides your pleading. Though, that is kind of annoying now.”

Brendon looked over at the girl he held and she stood shaking like a leaf. She had given up on fighting him because the more she struggled the harder he squeezed on her throat. She felt kinda of relieved when he released his hold a little until she felt her stomach lurch.

Brendon had disappeared with the girl in front of Grace’s eyes and reappeared near the building near her. Brendon was pressing the female to the wall and he could hear Grace trying to plead with him again on sparing the person.

Brendon reached up to the girl’s shirt and pulled the neck line down exposing her chest to him. Not more then he needed but enough to get a decent look of the girl. He shook his head and let go of her shirt. He almost had hope for this one.

He spoke in a whisper only to the terrified girl in front of him, “It’s a pity; I like my girls all natural. You should have told your mother no to a gift like that.”

He back off of the girl slightly and griped both hands on her neck. He debated bleeding her dry but he didn’t know what toxins could have been in her body. He settled for a quick snap of the neck and letting her fall the cement. He could hear Grace squeak behind him in horror.

He turned around and shrugged, “I honestly don’t know why you women need implants. Waste of money.”

“You killed her because she had breast implants? You’re logic is fucked up.”

He smirked at the confidence she had found, “I’m a monster. No one said we were nice.”

He winked before disappearing again. She let out a groan of frustration but no one could hear her. She decided to just head home seeming the fact he was done talking to her. She got at least one of her question’s answered and Brendon let her go again. He had to be toying with her. Waiting for the right moment.

She nodded to herself. It was a good time to go home. She didn’t need another vampire coming after her. She did see the one that Brendon told to go away return near the dead body. She didn’t even want to know what he was going to do.
*********
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading and showing support for this story that I love so much. XD You guys are awesome.

GUESS WHO IS SEEING COBRA STARSHIP FOR HER THIRD TIME! Ah yeah, that would be me. XD Isn't that great?
Also found out I've been listening to Gabe Saporta for twelve years now. Hot damn. XD I mean I remember Midtown like it was yesterday.

And you're welcome. I gave you a long chapter. XD