Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Is That My Shirt?

I sat up with the blanket still covering my body. I wiped the sleep away from my eyes with my forearm and remembered what happened last night.

I put on whatever I could find on the floor and started my way out his room.

I slammed the door behind me which made the white board fall off.

I bent down to pick it up and smiled at his scrawny penmanship.

Before the words could've even registered in my head though..

"Oh fuck!" I heard Stephen yell in the kitchen.

I ran over there to see what happened and he was staring at an open egg carton on the floor and a bunch of broken eggs.

He shook his head and looked up at me. "Well, good morning."

"Good morning?" I laughed. "What the fuck did you do this time?"

"Tried to make breakfast for you, no big deal." Stephen sarcastically said.

"And since when do you try to make breakfast for me, you big dork?" I took a wash cloth from the sink and knelt down to clean up the mess he made.

"Since.. Well.. Nothing. Never mind." He walked out of the kitchen.

I quickly finished up and followed him into his living room.

He was sitting on the couch with the TV on. He was nervously fumbling with the key chained around his neck and shaking his leg up and down.

I sat next to him.

He scooted to get away from me.

Which was odd.

I took the remote from the coffee table and shut the TV off. I threw it to the other couch so that he couldn't try to turn the TV on again.

I leaned over to try to kiss him but he turned his head. I sighed. "You told me last night we'd talk in the morning."

"There wouldn't be this morning if there wasn't last night." He muttered.

"What?" I asked telling him I didn't understand what he just said.

"Nothing." He got up.

I pulled him back down. "No. That is definitely something. Talk to me. You can't just fucking have sex with me and not talk to me the morning after. We just made up! Are you fucking kidding me?!" I asked angrily.

"Shit." He took a deep breath. "Please don't get mad at me. You're right. We just made up. I don't want you to get mad at me."

All the heavy feelings melted away as soon as he looked into my eyes with his pleading ones. "Don't give me a reason to get mad."

"Okay, okay." He held my hands. "I'm sorry."

I flashed him a weak smile.

"This is gonna be an awkward thing to ask, but I'll just go out with it."

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

There was a long pause then he finally spoke up. "Is that my shirt?"

I mentally slapped him. I was waiting for an actual question. Something about the night before, maybe. Something about apologies. Something about whether or not we were all good. Something about whether or not we were friends again or some shit.

"Oh.." I looked down at the shirt I was wearing and realized it was. "Yeah."

"Oh."

"Were you or were you not serious about talking to me? Were you drunk last night? My house is just a fucking block away, if you're not gonna talk to me, I'm just gonna go." I got up.

And this time, he pulled me back down.

"Yes, I was serious."

"Then just talk to me." I rolled my eyes.

"Did.. Uhm.."

"What?" I asked impatiently, waiting for him to finish his question.

"Did last night mean anything to you?" He finally asked.

Shit. I wish I didn't rush him because I didn't have an answer.

Yes, it meant something. Sex can't not mean anything. Especially if it's sex with your best friend. It meant a shit ton of things to me, but then, I just couldn't figure it out.

"Yeah." I managed to choke out.

"Well.." His eyes lit up. "What did it mean to you?

"I don't know.." I answered almost instantly. "What it means to you, I guess.."

"No, you have to think of your own answer!" Stephen whined immaturely.

"Well, what does it mean to you? Maybe we have different answers."

He licked his lips. "Uhm."

"Okay." I laughed. "Why are you so fucking nervous? We're best friends, aren't we? Just feel free, man. Shit. Please, I want everything cleared already." I leaned over and gave him a peck at his lips. "Please."

I was about to pull back but he pulled me back and kissed me again. "Last night meant I love you."

"Oh. Great. Now it means we have different answers. I beamed at him. "If last night meant you love me to you, to me, last night meant I love you too."

"I hate you." He playfully slapped my bare leg.

"No you don't."

"You're right. I don't. I love you."

"You know what? I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok hai