Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Promise.

"Stephen? Jess?" Brian snapped again.

"What?!" Both of us said as we jerked back to reality.

"Oh my God." Brian said as he started to really get wide awake. "Don't tell me."

Josh also caught on to what was happening. "Don't say it. Oh my God." He darted up off the couch accidentally hitting the back of John's head with his knees.

Stephen grabbed my hand. "Let us explain--"

"No!" Josh yelled, confused about whether or not he should look at Stephen or me. He wasn't looking into either of our eyes but he had anger in his. "Are you guys fucking stupid?!"

"Josh--" I tried, but was cut off by him again.

"You guys can't be fucking doing this. Are you guys crazy?! You guys promised you weren't gonna--"

"We weren't gonna fall in love?! Go ahead, Josh! Say it!" Stephen answered getting angry at him back. He let go of my hand and clenched his fists.

"Stephen, stop," I tried to stop him but he and Josh kept going while Brian and John watched, leaving the argument between Josh and Stephen.

"You promised you weren't gonna do this! Are you fucking crazy?! No! You're selfish! This isn't good for the band--"

"Is the band all you care about, Josh?! What about your friends--"

"The band and you guys are all I got! There, I finally said it! And, just, this won't work if you and Jess--"

"Nothing's gonna--"

"Save it!" Josh pushed Stephen out of his way and waited for me to move aside.

I was scared for a moment that he would push me off too, but no, he was better than that.

He grabbed Brian's arm and aggressively pulled him away. "We're fucking leaving!"

"Josh," was all I managed to choke out before tears started spilling out my eyes.

John looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "I told you guys this wasn't gonna work." He said, then left for his room.

Stephen pulled me into his arms on impulse. "Don't cry."

"This wasn't supposed to happen." I mumbled into his chest. "This wasn't supposed to happen!" I said louder.

"Shhh, stop crying Jess. Josh just overreacted. Sh. It's gonna be okay. I promise."

"You can't promise things like that, Stephen!" I said with my voice cracking.

"Yes, I can." He pulled back. "Because I know things are going to be okay. Jess, please listen to me."

"No, Stephen, I knew it, this wasn't a good idea--"

"Jess, stop it, please!" He begged holding onto my hands. "Don't give up. No. This isn't over. Things are gonna get better. I am promising you. Josh's gonna be fine in a couple of days. Please--"

"Stephen--"

He cut me off by giving me a kiss. "Jess, please."

I nodded finally giving in. "Okay,"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Don't give up on us."

"I won't."

"You won't?"

"I won't."

"I promised you it'll get better. You have to promise me you won't give up on us."

"Stephen--"

"Promise me, Jess."

"Promise."

He took me into his arms again after giving me a kiss on the forehead. "Stop crying."
♠ ♠ ♠
it might take a while before i get to update again i'm sorry