Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

What Was I Thinking?

"Josh, stay awake." I begged as I dragged him down the hall with Stephen, John, and Brian behind us, while I tried to support Josh's weight with his arm draped around my shoulder.

"Where's John?!" He asked angrily.

I looked behind me and saw him just watch while his best friend looked for him. I gave him a glare and mouthed "Why aren't you doing this?!" referring to the fact that it was me who was dragging Josh. It was me, a poor defenseless lady trying to carry a drunkass into the guest room of my best friends.

John just shrugged in reply.

"Josh, stay awake, we have to talk." I begged again.

"Is John here?!" He pushed himself off of me and fell down to the floor.

"Yes, John's here." I answered, kneeling down to him.

"Is Brian here?!" He asked, this time referring to the boy who couldn't believe his plan was actually working.

"Yes, Brian's here." I took hold of his forearm and started draping his arm around me again, but he forced me away.

"Fine." I impatiently scoffed standing up. I looked at Stephen. "You handle this. This was your plan."

Brian threw his arms up. "You and Jess are the problem, I'm not staying here." He tugged on John. "Let's go eat something."

John's eyes flicked from me, to Josh, to Stephen, back to Josh's, and then to Brian. "Okay,"

I nodded as they started to leave.

John glared at me once more. "Don't hurt him."

And they both left us alone at the corridor.

"Okay, Stephen. You start." I pleaded.

He sighed and knelt down again so he was in eye level with Josh. "Hi."

"Hey!" He answered sarcastically cheerfully.

"God." Stephen rolled his eyes. "Josh,"

"So what's this plan of yours?" Josh added a tone of being suspicious. "You were supposed to get me drunk, and then you guys are gonna talk to me? Nice!" He cheered.

"Josh, please--"

"Yeah! It's working! Great plan! Great friends you are! Am I really that predictable?" He said, his tone surprisingly changing from hard and sharp to soft and loving. "You guys really know me, don't you? Aw, I love you guys."

"Josh, are you okay?" I blurted out as I knelt down to him.

He looked into my eyes with his glazed ones. "Yes. Yes, I am--"

"Are you sober?" Stephen questioned.

"Yes! Yes I am!" He almost yelled.

"Really?" Stephen and I asked in unison, even though we doubted it.

Josh nodded obediently, but we both knew he wasn't sober as he wanted us to believe.

"Sing the alphabet in reverse, let's just see." Stephen commanded.

"Okay.." Josh licked his lips. "Okay. Uhm.." He ran his fingers through his hair while he cleared his throat. "Z.. Y.. X.. W.. F.. K.. S.. E.. X..."

"What?" Stephen and I asked in unison again, making the three of us burst into laughter.

"Fuck it!" Josh slapped my arm then punched Stephen's. "I couldn't sing that sober!"

We kept laughing for a bunch more seconds until we ran out of breath and Josh's smile started making me feel less doubtful.

While we were quiet, I kept my thoughts to myself.

This couldn't be happening. Brian's plans never work. And by never, I mean never. But this time was different, I guess. I was starting to believe this plan had a chance of working until Josh spoke up again.

"Fuck you guys." He said in a very serious tone.

I bit my lip.

Of course this wasn't going to work.

Stephen saw my reaction and sighed, making me realize he knew what I was thinking and he was thinking the same thing.

We both thought this plan would work.

But it wasn't showing any signs of working just yet.

I was genuinely upset.

Josh's eyebrows furrowed as he saw my reaction and Stephen's.

I smiled sarcastically and spoke up my thoughts. "Of course, this wasn't gonna work. What was I thinking?"
♠ ♠ ♠
hola patola