Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Don't Leave.

"Okay." I stood up and looked at Stephen who was still crouched down next to Josh trying to decipher the expression Josh had on his face.

Stephen shook his head and got up too. "Never mind."

"What do you mean never mind?" Josh questioned.

"Nothing, go to bed. Fuck it." Stephen started to walk away while shooing himself away with his hand.

"Fine." Josh tried to get on his feet which after a few failed attempts which I would've thought was funny if he wasn't mad at us he finally succeeded. But he was trying to keep himself on balance but he looked like a complete idiot. He leaned against the wall trying his hardest not to fall over.

I opened the door for him. "Good night."

"Tuck me in?" He suggested.

I rolled my eyes but I still agreed. "Sure," I walked over to him briskly and took his hand. I draped his arms over my shoulders again and started lugging him down to the guest room.

He stumbled onto the bed on his stomach and pretended to have already fallen asleep by fake snoring.

"Good night," I said again and started walking out.

"Wait!" He yelled. "Tuck me in!"

I turned to face him, but he was still on that position. "What?"

"You said you were gonna tuck me in! And now you're leaving! Bad Jess!" He argued.

I grunted at his idiotic rants.

It wasn't like I wasn't used to it already. I always took care of him when we went out to drink. I drink more than him, but apparently, he's weak. Weak. If I'd chug down a shit ton of drinks, I'd still be fine while Josh would've been fighting the urge to pass out right then and there.

"Please?" He asked sweetly.

I let out another grunt and finally gave in. I paced towards him and grabbed his arms, then rolled him onto his back.

"Yay," He quietly cheered, realizing how much I couldn't resist him.

I felt a smile tug onto my lips. This wasn't happening.

I sat down on the side of the guest room bed and he immediately rested his head on my lap, looking at me.

He was adorable this way. Yeah, he was still in his Jobey state of mind, but he was just so weird and awkward when he was drunk.

I smelled the smell of beer wafting out of his mouth and let out a little laugh. "You're a mother fucker."

"I know." He grinned at me, his eyes half lid.

I found it rather amusing how he turned all fucking red when he was drunk. And how you couldn't even see his blue eyes because he couldn't keep them open too much for too long.

"Jess, don't leave me." He suddenly said, making me cringe. He was driving me crazy. He never had these mood swings when he was drunk, and now he seemed like the king of them.

"Are you bipolar," I thought out loud.

"No, I'm not bipolar!" He snapped, then laughed.

"Of course you're not, little Joshikins." I teased slightly pinching his nose.

"Don't call me that," He complained.

"Okay, then I'm leaving." I tried to stir jokingly but he held me down.

"Please. Don't. Don't leave. Please." He begged, his eyes completely closed this time. "Call me Joshikins all you want if that's what it takes. Please. Just don't leave me."

"I won't leave you." I said, convinced he really didn't want me to leave.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I freaked out. Please, just don't leave me. You guys are all I have. And I usually don't mean half the mushy crap I say like that, but.. This is part of the half that I actually do mean."

I chuckled.

"No, please don't laugh. I mean it. Please. Just.." He groaned as he tried to open his eyes. "Please, see, look," He forced me to look into his eyes. "I mean what I'm saying. Please."

I made a mental note on how many times he was saying 'please' but I just let it go because I knew how sincere he was.

'Let's talk. Please." Josh cried.

I sighed.

"Please? Jess. Please." He let his eyelids drop back.

"I don't know. This plan is stupid."

"No, it was smart." He insisted. "Please. Let's make the most out of this while I'm still drunk. You know me, Jess. If I weren't drunk right now, I'd be too stubborn, please just talk to me."

"Why are you talking like that?" I asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead with my palm.

"Talking like what?"

"That." I repeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi