Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Do It!

"What's up?" Jawn took his shades off and eyed me. "What're you doing here?"

"The second time someone's asked me that today.." I muttered.

"What?" Jawn made me realize he heard what I just said.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Well, what's up?" Kennedy walked over to me and pecked at my cheek. "Where are your band mates?"

"They went to the bus." I shrugged. "I wanted to watch your guys's set. And I have thinking to do, so best if I'm not with Stephen right now."

"Okay," Kennedy walked to the side of the backstage where he had a view of what was going on on the stage there. "Guys, they're almost done."

"I love A Rocket To The Moon so much, you guys." Jawn scratched the back of his neck while complementing the band. "They're so fucking rad,"

"No, you love Halvo. Shut up." Jared jokingly pushed Jawn out of the way as he walked to where Kennedy was. "Oh yeah, they are almost done. Okay."

"Is The Maine coming next?" We all heard Nick's voice from the stage.

"Yup." Halvo answered.

They said goodbye to the crowd with an invitation to their merch tent then left completely, leaving The Maine to do soundcheck.

"We're doing soundcheck, you wanna hang around?" Pat sweetly invited.

"Sure." I just followed them out.

While everyone was screaming at the sight of the band, I just casually followed Pat.

I watched them set up and when they were done, they started soundcheck.

"So everyone, I want you all to be nice to a friend of the band." Jawn started speaking into his microphone.

I was tapping the drums with Pat's drumsticks, not really paying attention to how Jawn was interacting with the crowd.

Pat and I shared the seat and believe it or not, I didn't at all feel uncomfortable with Pat there.

Must've been the time to admit that anywhere could be comfortable if you were with Pat.

"Her name is Jess Bowen and you may or may not know her from The Summer Set." Jawn continued.

A bunch of them replied to Jawn by saying yes and nodding and other stuff.

"Be nice to her, alright? She's gonna play with us today."

"What?!" I darted off the drummer's seat.

"Yup!" Jawn looked back at me, acknowledging my reaction. "You're playing Everything I Ask For with us. You can do that, right?"

"No." I quietly sank back into my chair.

"Aw, Jess, you can do it!" Garrett walked over to me and patted my back. "Give Pat a break!"

"No, I don't wanna--"

"Alright, bitch's being shy!" Jawn teased. "Can everyone tell her to do it?"

Garrett turned away from me to face the crowd with Jawn. "Yeah, come on!"

Jared started. "Do it! Do it! Do it!"

"I don't even know much of this song!" I cried.

"You'll do fine!" Pat encouraged me with another pat on my back and ran off.

"Alright, alright! Also, Kennedy's gonna sing this, not me. This is gonna be fun!" Jawn cheered.

"What?!" Kennedys head snatched towards Jawn's direction. "Are you fucking kidding?"

"No, I'm not." Jawn put on a smug, then a smirk. "Let's do this!"

The crowd encouraged Kennedy and me. "Do it, do it, do it!" They chanted.

Kennedy sighed giving up. "Uhm. Okay." Then gave in. He cleared his throat taking Jawn's microphone from its stand. "I've never actually done this before. But if Jess is up for it, I am."

I bit my lip at the crowd before me. Before Kennedy. I blinked a lot of times, trying to remember how Pat did it the last time I saw them play this live which was last tour we had when Stephen and I were mad at each other.

I nodded slowly, wishing what I recalled was enough.

"Okay," Kennedy cleared his throat again. "This song is called Everything I Ask For." He looked at me. "Go."

I slowly started how I remembered it, and it was enough to start the song off with Jared and Garrett and Kennedy playing along with their guitars.

Soon enough, Kennedy started singing. "She takes her time with the little things, love notes just reminding me, she wears red when she's feeling hot. I have her, but that's all I've got. She looks best without her clothes. I know it's wrong, but that's the way it goes! I don't know what she sees in me, but I'm happy she's happy now that she's with me. And I'm freaking out, because I'm just so lucky."

Before Kennedy started the chorus, I knew I felt the song already. It came to me, I knew just what to do with the drums.

Kennedy continued his beautiful singing. "Oh she makes me feel like shit,"

Jawn grabbed Kennedy's microphone and sang the back-up vocals.

"But I can't get over it. Because she's everything I ask for, everything I ask for, and just a little bit more-- Everything I ask for, everything I ask for-- and so much more!"

I smiled to myself. It was fun hearing Kennedy's voice again. Just his voice, not Jawn's. Takes me back to those days when we were in Last Call For Camdem. His voice was just perfect, I'm not gonna lie. His voice was a wonderful thing. Before I could've continued my thoughts, Kennedy started singing again.

"She loves music, but she hates my bands. Loves Prince, she's his biggest fan. She's not big on holding hands, but that's alright, `cause I still got her! She keeps up on current affairs. Prada is what she wears! I don't know what she sees in me, but I'm happy she's happy now that she's with me. And I'm freaking out, because I'm just so lucky. Oh she makes me feel like shit! And I can't get over it! Because she's everything I ask for, everything I ask for, and just a little bit more. Everything I ask for, everything I ask for-- And so much more!"

I laughed thinking of how awkward Kennedy would feel, singing the next lines, but to my surprise, he sang them with ease.

"Fist fights turn into sex, I wonder what comes next. She always loves to keep me guessing. And she! Wont! Give it up, and we! Both know, it's because.." Kennedy caught his breath. "Oh she makes me feel like shit, but I can't get over it. Because she's everything I ask for, everything I ask for, and just a little bit more. Everything I ask for, everything I ask for, and just a little bit more. Everything I ask for, everything I ask for, and so much more! Everything I ask for, everything I ask for," He waited for the music around him to die down. "And so much more." And then he passed out on the stage.

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, realizing he may not have been okay. I stood up and rushed to him.

He was just lying there until I got to him.

Panic rushed through my head.

"Kennedy, Kennedy, are you okay?!" I shook him up. "Kennedy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
i feel terrible oh goodness