Status: Hiatus.

You Take My Breath Away

Ice Cream

By the end of the week, Kim and her new friends were acting as if they’ve known each other their whole lives. She was glad she found people she could really connect with and get along so easily with. What she didn’t like was the fact that at every band practice that she went to she had to fight the urge to cuss out Leslie for glaring at her or making snide little comments. She wasn’t going to let it slide tonight though. She’s had enough.

On the bright side, her and the girls have gotten a lot closer, as well as her and the guys but she wasn’t as close with them but she had to give it time. They were guys, afterall. The only guy she was really close with was Jimmy and her crush on him was still just a crush, for now.

Kim sighed as she walked into her apartment, going straight to her room and throwing her bag onto her bed. She was really thanking god it was Friday. She was sick of all the school already and she didn’t know how much more of the teachers she could take. It was agonizing and it seemed to drag on forever.

She jumped a bit when her phone started going off and she pulled it out of her back pocket, reading the text. It was a text from Tori telling her to get her ass to Matt’s garage because they were meeting up earlier then usual. Kim really didn’t mind that and it would give her some time to get out of the house before she had to go to work.

Yeah, she had gotten the job at the music shop. She worked on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Friday nights, and Sundays. It really sucked but the hours weren’t that bad. It would still give her some time to hang with her friends.

She walked out of her room, looking around for her mom and noticing she was watching TV. “Mom, I’m going out. Have fun at work. I’ll see you later,” she told her mother. She laughed when her mother just nodded and waved her off as usual and walked out the door, going to her truck.

When she arrived at Matt’s and walked in the garage, she furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed one person missing. Usually Leslie was here before her ever since Monday and now she wasn’t here. She looked over at Jimmy and noticed he looked slightly depressed. She sighed and walked over to him, sitting next to him.

“What’s wrong, Jimmy?” Kim asked softly, looking over at him. She was worried about him because he usually wasn’t so quiet and so spacey, which he was right now.

“The dumb whore cheated on me,” he spat, glaring at nothing in particular, making Kim jump a bit. “I fucking went to her house to see if she was coming to band practice and I saw her on her couch making out with some dumb fucking jock. I shouldn’t have been so stupid. I realize now I should’ve listened to everyone,” he said, groaning and running a hand over his face.

Kim could tell he felt like shit and she felt really bad for him. She just wanted to help him out and she suddenly stood up, holding her hand out for him. “Come on. Let’s ditch this popsicle stand,” she said with a snort at her lame attempt to make a joke. She was glad when she saw Jimmy crack a smile. “I’m taking you out.”

She smiled when he grabbed her hand and stood up. “Alright. What do I have to loose anyway?” he asked, his eyes widening when he realized what he said. Kim laughed and shook her head, leading him out to her truck. “Wait! Can I drive?” Jimmy asked Kim with wide, innocent eyes.

Kim sighed dramatically and held out her keys, wincing as she did so. “Fine, I guess you can drive my baby. But don’t hurt her!” she exclaimed, walking over to the passenger side and getting in. She smiled as Jimmy got in and started the truck and told him where to go.

Once they got to the beach, Kim hopped out and grabbed Jimmy’s hand, pulling him off towards an ice cream stand. She had texted Tori while they were in the car and told her where they went since everyone just watched them leave with curious eyes so she knew they really didn’t care.

She looked over at Jimmy as they waited in line and sighed, playing with her lip ring. “How long have you had that done?” she heard him ask, pointing to her lip ring.

Kim laughed and shrugged as they moved up a spot in line, at least two more people in front of them. “Well, I got it done two months after I turned fourteen, so about two years?” she grinned. “Why?”

She watched as he shrugged and looked down at her 5 foot 9 frame. “I don’t knooow,” he drawled slowly. “I was just wondering,” he said with a nod, grinning. Kim laughed softly and shook her head at his crazyness. “But what kind of ice cream are you getting?” he asked with wide eyes since they were next to get theirs.

“I’m getting chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s my favorite of all time. What about you?” she asked, looking up at him with a grin. She checked the time on her phone and saw that it was 3:15. She had to be at work at 4pm so they had just enough time to eat their ice cream and for her to take him back home.

“I think I’ll get the same,” he said with a nod. She giggled softly and shook her head. “What?!” Jimmy exclaimed with wide eyes. “I wanna try it!” he said right as they got up to the counter.

“Alright, alright, fine! Order it, then,” she said with a smirk. She watched as he ordered the ice cream and pulled out his wallet like the gentleman he is, paying for the two ice cream cones. She smiled and thanked him when he handed her the ice cream cone and started walking down the boardwalk with him.

“So, Kimmybear, where do you work?” he asked, looking down at her. Kim blushed slightly at the nickname he called her as she licked at her ice cream, raising an eyebrow at his question.

“I work at a music store. Why? I don’t want you douche bags coming into my work while I’m working and disturbing me,” she said jokingly. “Because I do know that’s something you’d do,” she added on seriously, smirking.

Jimmy mock pouted and put his hand to his chest, acting as if he were really hurt by something like that. “I’m offended! Why, we would never do such a thing! We would just, y’know, casually come in and buy stuff,” he said innocently.

Kim giggled and nodded, licking up the falling drops of melted ice cream that were going down the side of her ice cream cone. “Exactly. I don’t need you guys distracting me. Especially on my first day of work,” she said, grinning up at him.

Jimmy laughed when he looked over at her and Kim pouted, furrowing her eyebrows. “What are you laughing at, man?!” she whined, pouting even more. She didn’t like being laughed at.

Jimmy laughed again and shook his head as he grabbed his napkin and reached over, wiping some ice cream off of her face. Kim’s eyes widened as she looked up at him. They had stopped sometime during their walk and were standing off to the side, just talking and eating their ice cream.

She connected eyes with him and her breath caught in her throat. He had the most gorgeous crystal blue eyes she’s ever seen. They were so mesmerizing and she could stare into them all day. Her eyes widened a bit when she saw Jimmy start to lean in and she held her breath, waiting for what was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I have 21 readers, 6 subscribers, and 4 comments. Way more then I could ask for.
Thanks for commenting, subscribing, and reading my story! It really means a lot to me!
I would like to know your feedback on this one, though. Do you think they're going to kiss?
And it was so crazy. While I was writing this, my computer decided to do some crazy stuff and shut down but my work was saved! Thank gosh!
Well, thanks for reading. :) Comment, rate, subscribe. Or, well, whatever that stuff is.
~Kim