Status: Hiatus.

You Take My Breath Away

It's A Date

“Why did you turn your head before I had the chance to kiss you?” Jimmy asked with a hurt tone in his voice, which caused Kim to sigh. She knew he was hurt and it made her feel bad but she seriously wasn’t going to be his rebound.

“I don’t want to just be a rebound to you, Jimmy. I mean, you just got out of a relationship with Leslie so if we rushed into something, especially since we just met and everything, then I would just feel like a rebound,” Kim said with a frown.

Jimmy sighed and pulled Kim closer to him and she bit down on her bottom lip to keep from smiling. The butterflies in her stomach were going crazy and her heart was racing. She was really hoping he didn’t notice the erratic beating of her heart. He made her so nervous and they just met almost a week ago. It was crazy.

“You wouldn’t be a rebound to me, Kim,” he whispered, making her look at him. “I really like you already and I want to take you on a date, please? Just give me a chance. If you still feel like a rebound after the date then I’ll wait some time before asking you out again,” Jimmy said with a grin.

Kim started weighing the pros and cons and the pros definitely overweighed the cons right now. She also really wanted to go on a date with him, anyway. He was just so sweet and he knew all the right things to say to her.

“Alright,” she said with a nod. “I’ll go out with you,” she told him. “But under one condition,” she said with a smirk. She knew she was probably going to shock him with her condition but it really didn’t matter, it was how she felt on that certain subject.

“Alright. Anything you want,” Jimmy said with a nod, grinning like a madman. He was excited to be taking her on a date and Kim could surely tell. She couldn’t wait either, even though she was trying so hard not to go on a date with him before. But that was only because she thought she was his rebound. She still might but she’d find out after the date.

“I don’t have to wear a dress,” she said with a nod. “I hate wearing dresses and I’ll only wear them if it’s absolutely necessary,” she said, giggling softly as Jimmy chuckled.

“Alright,” he nodded. “No dresses. You just have to wear a nice outfit, how’s that sound?” he asked with a grin. Kim didn’t mind the sound of that, as long as she didn’t have to wear a dumb dress.

Kim nodded and looked up into his eyes, smiling from ear to ear. She would never get over how beautiful the color of his eyes were. They were the most beautiful blue she’s ever seen and she could stare into them for all eternity.

“So, our date is next Friday, at eight o’clock,” Jimmy stated, not giving any room for objections. He really wanted her to go on this date with her and he didn’t want her to say no.

Kim grinned and nodded, leaning up and kissing his cheek. She blushed when he made a comment about how cute that was that she did that because she didn’t seem like the bold type and looked away from him.

Jimmy placed his finger under her chin and made her look up at him, making Kim bit down on her bottom lip. “I hope you know, I can’t wait until Friday night,” he whispered, leaning down and kissing her cheek. He pulled away from her altogether and walked out of the water, making Kim stare after him with wide eyes, her heart beating like crazy in her chest.

She really couldn’t believe he had to the nerve to do that. He just kissed her cheek and left. She walked out of the water and walked back over to where the girls were with their respective guys, sitting back down on her towel next to Tori. She had seen Jimmy walk up on the boardwalk, probably to go get a drink or something.

“So, what happened out there?!” all the girls asked at once, which was a little bit creepy. Kim stared at them with wide eyes, her mouth hanging slightly wide open.

“Uh… We’re going on a date next Friday?” she asked more then stated. She was really hoping they didn’t get mad at her for agreeing to go out on a date with him because of what they talked about.

She jumped a bit as all the girls squealed and started talking at once, making her get confused and stare at them with wide, scared eyes. “Whoa! Slow down! One at time!” Kim exclaimed, trying to get the girls to calm down so she could understand them.

Tori was the first one to talk. She remembered that she’s been around the longest since she said she’s been dating Matt since the 9th grade or something among those lines. “I think that’s great! You two would make a cute couple, plus, Jimmy deserves to be happy. But be careful, he did just get out of a relationship.”

Kim nodded. “I know. I remember and I will be extra careful. I don’t want to get hurt,” she told Tori with a smile. She was grateful she had found friends like these girls. They knew all the right things to say.

“You two really would make a cute couple,” Gabrielle said, eyes wide. “I mean, you’re the perfect height for him and you two look adorable together already! And you two get along great…” she trailed off, smiling innocently. She knew she was talking too much and she was bound to start talking about her and Zacky.

They all laughed and Maddy shook her head, nudging Gabrielle with her elbow. “Your just mad because Jimmy’s a sweeter boyfriend then Zacky. Zacky’s always saying dumb things,” she joked. Kim couldn’t help but laugh at that and shake her head. These guys were crazy.

She looked around and furrowed her eyebrows, noticing that the guys were suddenly gone. “What the hell?” she muttered. “Since when did the guys leave?” Kim asked, looking around at all the girls.

Tori laughed at Kim and grinned, shaking her head. “They probably left once we started talking about Jimmy. They always tend to leave once girl talk starts. Smart boys,” she said jokingly.

The girls all laughed and Kim could only smile. She made the right decision to be friends with these people. But she had a feeling something bad was going to happen, and soon. She just didn’t know what that was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, my fifth chapter so far. I think this story's doing good. :)
And there's 7 comments, 43 readers, and 12 subscribers. I'm so excited. I never thought I'd have that many people reading my story. :)
And I hope you all liked this update! I know it's not as long as the others but the next one will be longer.
~Kim