‹ Prequel: Holding My Heart
Status: Active but a little slow.

You're Overdue

Seeing Double

**************

I held my hands up, “Brendon stop! He’s human! That’s not our William.”

I could see Brendon tighten his grip on the small windpipe, “Yes it is.”

The look a like look scared as he shook under Brendon grip, “Please d-d-d-ddon’t hurt m-m-m-me!”

I rushed forward and placed a hand on Brendon shoulder trying to be firm, “Brendon, let him go.”

Brendon let him go and the six foot figure collapsed to the floor looking up at us with fearful doe brown eyes. William was running his hand over his neck as I shoved Brendon away and I leaned down to him. He looked up at me and I could see some similar facial structures like my own. He had to be related to William. He was clearly the reincarnation at least.

“What is your name?”

“W-w-w-william Beckett. Please don’t hurt me. I don’t have much but I-I-I-I c-c-can get anything you want.”

I place my hand on his shoulder, “William, my name is Ann. Ann Beckett.”

He looked up at me with wide eyes before trying to back away from me, “Stay away from me. I’ve heard about you. He’s your Brendon isn’t he? I should have known when he found me three weeks ago.”

“You gave him the pills didn’t you? The bad Brendon? This one is the good one. He won’t hurt you. He thought you were someone else.”

The lanky boy in front of me looked like William but was nothing of the sort. He was the opposite. This William wouldn’t hurt a fly and clearly stuttered. It was kind of a relief to see something to fragile and innocent.

He looked at Brendon, “He needs to leave. Brendon is not welcome in this house no more.”

I turned this William’s face towards me, “What are in those pills? Tell me what I need to make them and I’ll leave with him. He’ll never come back.”

He was honestly terrified, “I can’t do that. T-T-Th-they’ll kill me.”

I let myself knelt down, “The Dandies? They came here didn’t they?”

William nodded, “Yes. They stayed for months. One day they left. Are you really Ann Beckett?”

I nodded, “Yes I am. I think you’re my older brother by the looks of your age.”

There was a little flash of anger in his eyes, “I-I-I was adopted early. My family said I had a sister but she was kept.”

“I wasn’t kept either. I grew up with the Stump family.”

William looked away, “I was raised by the Urie family.”

Brendon whipped around from his spot, “That is impossible. None of my family survived.”

William swallowed the lump in his throat, “They weren’t human. The remaining Beckett family was never with humans.”

I looked over at Brendon and William continued, “That’s why I helped you. When you said you were a Urie I had to help you. I thought you were the same family. I owed them.”

Brendon shook his head, “No. You’re crazy.”

William pulled something out of his pocket. It was something folded up. He let his graceful fingers unfold the paper like material. It was a photo that he was showing me. William was with a guy that looked pretty similar to him.

Brendon knew them; I could see it on his face, “Brendon who is that?”

“It’s my brother or looks like him.”

I looked down at William, “Look if you tell us what we need to know we’ll leave and never come back. I can promise you that. We don’t want to drag you into our problems.”

“Why should I help you even more? You two are the reason Beckett is dead and the Dandies came after me.”

I looked over at Brendon, “You don’t think they wanted him as the new leader?”

Brendon shook his head, “No. They might have when they heard about him but look at him. He couldn’t even kill a spider. Besides, why would they want a vampire that stutters? How scary is that?”

“Just because I-I-I stutter doesn’t ma-ake me a-a-any less intelligent then you.”

Brendon turned away from him, “I didn’t say you were an idiot. I said you stutter. That isn’t scary. They need someone who can be scary.”

I stood up and turned to Brendon, “Well I’m not scary either.”

“Yes you are. You practically got rid of Gerard, Frank and William. You actually challenged them. Granted not so much William but to Ronnie you're still what they want.”

Then I got to thinking. Ronnie wasn’t stupid. He would go see every option before he made a decision. Now William had mentioned that there were more people to the Beckett family. If I was getting this right, then Ronnie was going through the family tree and weighing his options.

I looked at William as he shifted to sit straighter, “How many remaining Beckett's are there?”

“Including you and me? Four.”

I felt my stomach drop. That means Ronnie had to have had time to see the others. By the looks of William I was the only one who had seen vampires are their worst. I had known them, hunted them, and hated most of them. I had a rage for them and Ronnie knew that.

I figured Ronnie could probably use that against me. Turn me and let my hate turn into hatred for humans. I was told years ago by Patrick that newborns can be so easily persuaded if in the right conditions. Knowing me? I’d be one of those suckers.

I offered a hand to William and helped him up. I could get used to this one. He was kind of sweet and I loved how he was innocent. He stood over me and still seemed a little shaky on the legs. I didn’t blame him; Brendon can be pretty damn scary when the occasion calls for it.

William had agreed to sit and talk with us and even offered me a drink. We of course were happy. At least I was, I could ask him anything I needed to know and he’s probably help out. I wanted to know all he knew and William was a little curious to hear from me.

We were related but had spent the world apart. I wouldn’t call this a happy family reunion but it was nice to know I had family. Even with my parents being dead, which I wasn’t sure I had even forgiven Brendon for that, it was a great feeling having this William here.

**********
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, then. Predictions? Do you think this is a good William? What about Urie having family members alive? And if you can’t remember how her parents died then you might want to go back to the Holding My Heart and read. I still had someone who hadn’t even read Deadly Kiss and Holding My Heart before this. They were wondering why they were so confused. *facepalm*
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe. You guys have been so nice with the comments and it makes me so happy.
Also, I've been a little busy so one-shots and chapter updates are slow. I have a lot of college crap to deal with that made me tired and not want to write.
But, I do have a new story with Summerlin. I've wanted to write this idea for a while. :D It's a Brendon Urie story but it's a tad different from the norm. Check it out if you're curious. It's called Creeping In My Soul. Believe me, she’s going to blow your mind with her writing and I will too. Or so I hope. lol