‹ Prequel: Holding My Heart
Status: Active but a little slow.

You're Overdue

Baby, Its Just a Phase

**********
Ann’s Pov

William had eventually brought out a copy of the family tree and laid it out flat for me and Brendon to look out. I could clearly see how William and I were brother and sister through my mother and it seemed to rip memories from so long ago up. I felt like some that were so tucked away they were almost placed in there.

This was so impossible.

I looked at the other two names on the list. It looked like they were either younger siblings or cousins. I couldn’t see the writing too well but I felt a pit in my stomach. I didn’t trust Ronnie. I was hoping maybe he’d just pick me and let them go.

“Do you know the others?”

William nodded, “Kind of. Met them once or twice. I barely remember you.”

I looked over at Brendon glaring daggers at William and struggling to keep his composure. I know it was good Brendon but he was radiating hatred. His nails were digging into his palms as his fist rested on the table.

“Brendon.”

He looked at me and his face softened from being its tensed self, “Yes?”

“Enough. He’s not William. Stop being a dick and ready to kill him.”

He looked taken back before shaking his head and getting up and leaving the room. I apologized to the William in front of me and we continued to talk. He didn’t exactly know where the others were but the Dandies were trying to find them. That could buy me more time.

“One is Courtney and the other is James.”

“Good. Look, what ever you do, don’t go looking for them. You might need to relocate to hide. Ronnie shouldn’t be trusted and I’m surprised you’re alive.”

“I am too.” He gave a weak smile, “Last time I heard they were looking for you.”

I stared down at the tea William had made me and I looked back up, “I know you don’t want to tell me but I need to know how you made those pills. I need to keep Brendon in his good state or–Well, I don’t know what will happen but I need my Brendon.”

“I didn’t want to tell you in front of him but I didn’t make them. I gave them to him, yes but I never made them. I got them from his family.”

I looked at him in confusion, “How?”

“News spread pretty quickly about Brendon being poisoned and what he did to William Beckett. How it all went down and how it was a repeat of last time.”

“The last time?”

William nodded half confused, “You know, when he snapped in the 80’s. Do you not know about that?”

“No,” I stared at him in confusion, “What the hell happened in the 80’s?”

William stood up and went back to his stove filling his glass with more hot water, “It’s when the bad side of Brendon took over completely. Brendon had no control. The Urie family never handled being turned well, always had such side effects. The bad streaks are one of them.”

William went off saying it wasn’t Brendon’s fault. Something about being turned back then wasn’t like now. He said the process if turning a human had almost evolved. William Beckett himself in all his glory took four times to be turned because he kept healing with the blood rather then turning.

This stirred something in me, Patrick had told me how he saw Pete and Brendon wasted all this blood on me and I didn’t turn, and I had just healed. Something just wasn’t right. It had been years and now I was in the same boat with the original William? I was grateful because I didn’t want to be a vampire but I didn’t want this to be a lifetime thing of having Brendon going rabid on me.

“What sets off Brendon’s activity like this?”

“When he tries to kill William.” William looked over at me, “This wasn’t the first time Brendon has almost killed William. He always gets poisoned by William and then attempts to drain William dry. It’s when Brendon’s diet is forced to change to adapt to all that vampire blood. It sets something off in him.”

“But Gerard positioned him this time.”

“Of course he did!” William slammed down his cup down on the counter, “William was under Gerard’s foot for years! Gerard always kept him on this short leash and making Brendon suffer! Where have you been?”

It got quiet and after a while I spoke up, “Where is the Urie family? I need to go see them.”

William shook his head, “I can’t tell you. No one knows that they’re still around. Just keep Brendon with the pills and he’ll be fine. He’ll grow out of it.”

“How long do I have to wait? He’s going to kill me before then.”

William looked at his feet, “I don’t think you have much to worry about. If you didn’t turn this last time, I wouldn’t count on dying any time soon. You seemed to have gotten that from William.”

Brendon busted into the room and stormed over to me, “We have to go.”

He pulled up from my seat and I squeak, “What? Why?”

“Vampires are coming, let’s go.”

“But Will–”

Brendon snarled at me, letting me know bad Brendon was close to coming out, “Who cares about him, we need to go.”

I looked over to William and he smiled weakly, “I’m alright.”

I pulled away from Brendon, “Pack fast. You’re coming with us. You’re not safe alone.”

I felt myself being pulled away and before I knew it I was being held against Brendon. He told me we needed to leave now but I didn’t want to leave William alone. He was helpful and in danger. We should be helping him.

I spoke softly, “We’ll come back for you. Stay hidden.”

I saw William nod and then we appeared back in the hotel room we had been in. Brendon shoved me away and I caught myself before landing as a mess on the floor. Brendon had gone over towards the window and stayed turned away looking out.

“What is your problem?”

“My problem?” Brendon turned around, “What is my problem? I think it’s more of what is your problem.”

“What are you even–?”

He cut me off as he started to walk over towards me, “You’re so foolish! Always trusting any human you met figuring that they’ll tell you the truth.”

“At least it’s something!” I threw my hands in the air, “You can’t remember what happens when your bad side comes out. Besides, I trust that William because I have nothing to go on. I’m trying to help you so this doesn’t get out of hand.”

“I don’t need any help.” He stopped in front of me and his voice was soft, “I’ll be fine, I just need things to go back to normal.”

Brendon shoulders started to relax and he was focusing on me. He was at least calming down and probably pulling himself together. I just wanted to shake him and tell him things weren’t going to go back to normal but he knew that but maybe it just made him feel better.

“We can’t trust him Ann. Ronnie has already been there; he could have made him say things. I just want to play it safe. Did you at least get what you wanted? I don’t want to do that again. I don’t trust myself.”

“I learned a lot and I’m pretty sure I’m safe Brendon. You wouldn’t hurt me regardless of what state you’re in.” I wrapped my arms around his neck, “You have a lot to tell me though.”

“What do you mean?”

“This isn’t the first time you’d had problems like this.”

He looked away and then back, “No, its not.”

“Were you planning on telling me or not?”

“Haven’t I done enough? Can’t I just keep some things away from you? I’m bad enough as it is, I don’t need anything else you can hold against me. And don’t say you don’t because you know you do.”

I sighed staying quiet and just resting against him. I didn’t hold much against Brendon. Mostly Pete’s death but I was over the rest. In all honesty, I was just worried about that new William. If vampires were coming back they were checking on us. Maybe they were Brendon’s family but he just didn’t know it because he didn’t take the time to figure out who it was.

At least Brendon as playing it safe.

I rested my head against him, “I’d rather know so I know what I’m dealing with.”

He shrugged, “I’m sorry but I just know what people tell me and pieces but I don’t have tell you.”

I pulled away from him, “Fine. Let me go blinded then.”

“Don’t be like that.”

“What do you expect Brendon? I got a vampire coming after me and the one I’m madly in love with is going through something that I can’t help and I don’t even understand it.”

He sounded like he was trying to be sincere but to get off topic as soon as we could, “Not now alright? Give me time alright?”

I nodded not bother fighting him. I’d rather just crash and let tomorrow come. I was going to have to figure out how Brendon was going to eat and I didn’t even know what I was going to do. I was hoping maybe my Brendon would stay out and we could just find something small but I doubted it. I wasn’t that lucky and never would be.

“I’m going to go shower.” I turned away from him, “Don’t go anywhere please?”

I heard him shuffle behind me, “I’m kind of hungry.”

I turned half towards him, “Can it wait?”

He shook his head, “I don’t think so. I need someone. I’ll be quick and I’ll take a pill but I need to go.”

I hated myself for trusting him. Sure, I agreed but I feared. I didn’t know how he’d come back, if he’d come back. I watched him leave quickly and made my way to the bathroom closing the door, almost to keep something to protect me.

My stomach sank as I stripped and got in. I had this feeling it was going to be bad Brendon that I’d have to deal with later and I wasn’t too sure I was ready. I was tired and I wanted sleep but if bad Brendon was around I’d be too scared to. I was really hoping my Brendon would be out being himself.

I showered pretty quickly and started to shave. I had brought a couple disposable razors with me because I couldn’t stand not shaving and I took my time making sure I didn’t cut myself. I finished with my legs and quickly climbed out.

I wrapped one of the hotel’s towels around me and dried my hair as best I could before keeping the towel around me as I made my way to the door. When I placed my hand on the handle I had this fear to open the door.

And when I opened the door my point was proven.

Brendon was in the doorway looking at me and emotionless. I could see dried blood here and there on his face and neck but it looked like he attempted to clean up. I just wanted him to say something so I knew who I was dealing with.

I was really tempted to close this door on him.

“Bren?”

I got a wink out of him and I had a good feeling it really was bad Brendon. If it was going to become this pattern of Brendon having his bad side out every time he fed then we were going to have to find an alternative because I didn’t want to be near this Brendon. I didn’t know what limits this one had.

Brendon came at me with his hands reaching for my hips and I almost flinched away. He knew I was scared. I was pretty damn sure I was trembling like a scared animal in the hands of a predator. I was in the hands of a vampire so I pretty much was.

“Ann.”

His lips connected to my neck and I almost squirmed away not trusting him with his mouth so close to my throat. I was turned slightly and forced against the bathroom door with Brendon pressing me into the door.

“Stop.” I used one of my hands trying to force his face away, “Bren please.”

“I’m still hungry.” His voice softer, “So hungry.”

***********
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh! Sorry its been so long guys! I just so mixed on this story. I don't know if you like it or if its just a waste of time. I'm hoping to get more on track with it though.
Comment? It might help see if its worth continuing.
Thanks guys. And thanks to who do comment. It means a lot. You're the reason I write.