Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 2

"Jean, you need to get up. It's 8:00 now, and you still need to shower and get ready. We need to be at the arena by 9:30, remember?" Mom asked, shaking me to wake me up.

"Yeah, I'm up," I mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I was finally graduating high school today, June 5th, 2011. After waking up a bit, I jumped into the shower and put on my dress. After I got out of the shower, my twin brother Paul got in.

We made it to the arena at 9:20 am. Just enough time to check in. The ceremony didn't start until 11:00, but we had to be there early to get everyone where they needed to go.

At 11:00 sharp, Mr. Cannon, the principal, stepped up to the microphone.

After the Ceremony---

"Congratulations guys!" Mom said as me and Paul approached the group consisting of her, Dad, and both sets of grandparents.

"Thank you," we both said at the same time. Then we got hugs from everyone and took pictures.

After we took pictures with our parents and grandparents, Paul and I went to go find our friends and take pictures with them. The only ones I could find were my 4 best friends: Sarah, Kristin, Kristen and Anthony.

We then said goodbye to our grandparents and headed home. "So, how does it feel being done with high school?" Dad asked as he drove home.

"Not sure yet. I'm just glad I don't have to go back next week and take finals," I replied, looking out my window.

"Same," Paul said.

"So when does Anthony's party start Jean-o?" Dad asked as he pulled into the garage.

"He said to be there anytime after 4:00 and to bring my bathing suit."

"Is Chelsea going to be there?" Mom asked as we went into the house, our two dogs freaking out that we were home.

"Yes Mom, Chelsea is going to be there," I said sighing.

"Well how is that going to work?"

"I promised Anthony that I would be civil. That I would keep my mouth shut as much as possible, but can't take any responsibility for the comments she antagonizes me to make."

"You be nice," she snapped. I put my hands up defensively.

"I will! You and Dad always say that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, and I won't. Not unless she says the right things to make me say something. I'm not gonna lay a finger on her."

"Alright, alright. Why don't you go take that dress off, hang it up and change your clothes. It's already going on 2:00, and you said the party starts at 4:00."

"Okay," I said, heading to my bedroom.

2 Hours Later---

I changed into my cut-off Bermuda shorts and my Jonathan Toews name and number shirt, and was ready to head over to Anthony's house.

"Got everything?" Dad asked.

"Yup."

"Phone?"

"Yes Dad, I have everything. Can I go now?"

"Yeah, go. Just don't do anything you shouldn't be doing, okay?"

"Don't worry. His family is going to be there. Everything will be fine. I'll call when I'm leaving," I said, going to give him a kiss.

"Have fun sweetheart," he said as I grabbed my car keys and went out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you want me to skip right to August, where they meet the Hawks.
If I don't get any comments, I'm writing through the whole summer, which will make the story longer.