Status: Feel free to comment

Blood Secrets

Chapter 8

The night of the ball I was nervous and excited but I wanted to be with Jonathan. After Isabelle forced me into my dress, but I refuse to put on my tiara yet. My mother and father came in to see me when g

“You look beautiful dear.” My mother smiled. “Thank you, mother.” I said. “I know you really don’t want to be here.” My father said.

“I don’t mind dad.” I smiled genuinely. “That’s my girl. Alexander will be arriving any minute and guests have already begun to arrive. We’ll be back momentarily to walk out as a family.” My father smiled. I did feel a bit guilty that I wasn’t going to be up there with my family but I done it every year since I was born, I wanted to be with Jonathan. My mother and father kissed both my cheeks and turned to leave.

“Is it okay if Raven and Aubrey see me for a moment, I wanted to borrow a necklace from Raven?” I begged.

“For a moment.” My father stressed. “And that would be them.” My mother smiled as they knocked on my door.

“Hello girls.” My mother said. “Hi you majesty.” They smiled innocently. “Ten minutes, Lyric.” My father said as he exited my room. He hated tardiness but what he forgets is I’m the one offspring that knows the relevance of a clock.

“Did you bring the necklace?” I said knowing my parents were still in hearing range and pointed to my dress. They tag teamed getting me out of it and untangling my origami that was my hair.

“Yeah it’s going to look great with this dress.” Raven said, and then she gave the thumbs up. “Aubrey you help Raven get in to my dress. I’ll get into my other and French braid my hair.” I instructed. We were finished in record time. I helped Raven put her hair up exactly like mine was, tiara included, and then went off the find my six inch platform heels.

“Remember my mask and the necklace.” I reminded them. “What about a mask for you.” Raven asked.

“Got it covered.” I showed them my white mask with black lace covering.

“Very inconspicuous but still very sexy.” Raven smiled. “I don’t get why I couldn’t be your replacement?” Aubrey complained.

“Because when my family does a toast we’ll all be drinking blood.” I told her as I put on my lip gloss.

“Yeah, I’ll cover you next time.” Aubrey joked and I smiled at her. “Are we ready?” I asked the girls, they nodded their heads and we all slipped on our masks. Then there was a knock at the door, and Alex entered.

“You ladies look lovely.” He said. “Lyric you told me it’s time to gather.” He told Raven.

“He’s always been very efficient.” I rolled my eyes. Alex looked at me confused; they came to the realization of who I was.

“Lyric?” he asked me. “Yes. You were our first test and we passed it.” I smiled.

“If you’re Lyric, then who is this?” Alex asked. “Meet you date and my personal impersonator, Raven.” She smiled when his eye went wide with shock, and then settled into a smile.

“Time to go. Have fun.” I grabbed Aubrey hand and rushed out of the room. We found our way into the ballroom with the other guests and waited the royal family. Right on time with the sound of trumpets and drums my family entered. My parent lead, then my uncle and his stand in, and then my brother and he stand it. I looked at Aubrey who looked kind of hurt by the sight of my brother.

“You know she’s a stand in. I doubt she’s Miss right, she’ll be lucky if she’s Miss right now.” I comforted my friend and she smiled at me. Next was Scar and Evan and last was Raven and Alex, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"My family and I thank you all for being able to attend our annual ball. As you all know we throw this ball to show our appreciation to our kingdom and all of you who make it up. So we want you to enjoy, eat, drink and have fun tonight. Thank you.” My father said, then escorted my mother to dance and the rest of the family followed as they crowed bowed, I along with them. After many couples joined my family on the floor. I searched the crowd for Jonathan and found him not to far from me. I said goodbye to Aubrey, who I don’t think heard me flirting with another boy, and went to Jonathan. He looked incredibly sexy in his suit and mask, as raced towards him but was stopped by someone. I looked at who it was and it was none other than my brother.

“Your highness.” I bowed keeping my head low and spoke an octave higher than my own voice. “Would you like to dance beautiful?” he asked. And I tried not to groan.

“I can’t your majesty, I’m not worthy.” I said shyly. “Was it the nickname? How About gorgeous, stunning… munchkin?” he smirked. I looked at him in shock.

“How did you know it was me?” I asked. “Raven who’s up there pretending to be you hasn’t been complaining like you’ve done since you could talk, then I searched you out in the crowd during dad’s speech.” He smiled.

“So why are you doing this?” he asked. “I wanted to see someone I knew dad’s wouldn’t let me see.” I confessed.

“Jonathan?” he asked. “How did you know everything?” I asked. He taps the side of his head. Duh mind reader.

“Besides I see the way you act when you hear his name, you must really like him. I’m proud of you, this is the first bad thing you’ve ever done.” He smiled.

“That you know of.” I smiled. “I won’t tell, one night of freedom munchkin.” He said.

“Can you do me one favor?” I asked him. “What?” he asked. “Ask Aubrey to dance.” I told him.
“She’s still crushing on me? Can’t blame her I am a god.” He smiled. “Go. And stay out of my head.” I laughed, and he left me. I walked up to Jonathan smoothly.

“Waiting for someone?” I asked him. “Yes, I am.” He replied still looking for me.

“Girlfriend?” I asked. “Yes.” He said. “Do you love her?” I asked her.

“Yes, I do.” He answered. “How about tonight you pretend she’s me?” he looked down at me in shock. I lifted my mask the quickly pulled it back down.

“Aren’t you up there?” he asked pointing to Raven. “Apparently not. I told you I’d be with you.” I smiled.

“Will you dance with me?” he held out his hand. We waltzed around the dance floor for a while and it was like dancing on clouds. The way he looked at me, I could tell how much he loved and how he would do anything for me. I must be in love to feel this way after such a short time.
“I like propose a toast to the success of my kingdom and to every single one of you who live it in.” My father drank.

“To the kingdom.” We all drank. The night would end soon enough so I pulled him into the hallway and up the stairs to a guest bedroom.

“What are you doing?” he asked. “What I’ve wanted to do all night.” I kissed him and pulled off his mask, while he pulled off mine.

“I have a surprise for you.” I pushed him away, and he smiled. I untied the top of my dress revealing my strapless black lace push up bra and black lace panty. I pulled my hair out slowly, and stood there a nervous mess.

“Don’t you like it?” I bit my lip. He ran up and wrapped his arms around me.

“I love it, I love you.” He kissed me. I giggled as he picked me up in his arms and laid me on the bed. He began kissing and biting my neck. I moaned softly, I wanted more. I threw his jacket on the floor and unbuttoned his shirt. He had the body of a god; I hope my nerves didn’t get the best of me as I unbuttoned his pants. He kissed the top of my chest, down to my stomach, along my hip bone, up my thigh.

“Wait I-I-I’m a little nervous. I’ve never done this before.” He stopped and looked at me. “You’re a virgin?” he asked.

“Yeah, we just have to go slow, and it’s not like I can get pregnant until I'm a vampire.” I said. “I can’t.” He said.

“What?” I asked. “I can’t, I’m sorry.” He got off the bed and fixed his clothes. “What’s wrong with being a virgin? Would you rather I be a slut?” I asked.

“Yes.” He said. I couldn’t breathe at what he said, I looked at him hurt. “Oh god. No I didn’t mean that.” He tried to touch my cheek; I dodged it tears running down my face.

“I hope you find the whore you’re looking for.” I told him grabbed my dress and ran. I couldn’t go to my room, he might look for me there and I did not want to see him. I put my dress on quickly and ran to the beach house, heels in hand, fell on the bed and cried my eyes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-44900680/stock-photo-black-lace-masquerade-mask-isolated-on-white-background.html (black and white mask)

http://www.venetian-masks-direct.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Masquerade_Mask___bright_silver_raspberry_227.html (red and silver mask that matched her red dress)

Thank you to all my readers and subscribers
Mad love
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo