Sequel: Fool With Dreams
Status: Completed :)

Bittersweet Sundown

Go The *** Away

Slowly, Ash turned around and faced her ex-boyfriend, Sean. She felt a sudden need to hit him but she held back, not wanting to cause a scene in front of Brian.

“Yesterday. And hi to you too, Sean,” she wasn’t happy about him showing off here. Only five more minutes and they would have been on their way. But no, of ​course she couldn’t get so lucky.

“Ash. What are you doing here?” he asked again. He seemed way too interested on her actions.

“I came to get my things, I’m moving to Cali,” Ash looked at Brex, he was still half way under her cars hood.

“Really? Couldn’t find a place farther away?” Sean mocked, crossing his arms on his chest.

“No, I couldn’t find a warmer and nicer place. What’s it up to you? You shouldn’t care where I live or what I do anymore,” she wanted so bad to get away. It did still hurt her to see his traitorous face, tucking his big nose where it didn’t belong. It was a war inside her, between hurt and anger, growing bigger with every second.

“I don’t. What I do care is that almost half of your car belongs to me. And I’m not just gonna let you take it like that,” he said seriously. Ash couldn’t believe her ears. Was he on crack or something?

“What? That is my car, you didn’t pay a dime for it,” she seethed, her anger was definitely winning the fight.

“I paid for all those little extras Brex has installed there. That makes you wrong,” Sean was so full of itself.

“I didn’t ask you to pay for it. You did it without even discussing it with me first, on your free will. I don’t owe you anything,” Ash had a hard time keeping her voice on a regular level. She so wanted to scream at him. She wanted to hit him actually.

“Is everything okay babe?” Brian asked, appearing at her side and throwing his arm casually over her shoulders. Thankfully she leaned in to him, absorbing strength and warmth from him.

“Yeah, I don’t have a problem here. Did Brex finish already?” Ash asked him, not even acknowledging Sean anymore.

“Yeah, we can get going,” he said and kissed her temple while giving that guy in front of them a meaningful look. He had seen their quiet fight and wanted to show this guy that he had her back. They turned around and started to walk towards Brex, who was standing beside Ash’s car, wiping his hands into some old rag.

“Oh I think you do owe me that money and I want it back,” Sean said loudly, trying to get Ash’s attention again.

“You have no proof asshole,” she smiled, without stopping or looking back. She knew that he had paid them unofficially, there was no mark from it anywhere. Ash couldn’t resist the want to make Sean even more angry, so she leaned closer to Brian, who was still holding his arm around her shoulders.

“Will you drive? I think it would make Sean mad,” she whispered to Brian before they reached Brex. Brian only nodded once, letting her know his in for it.

“All done and ready to roll,” Brex announced proudly, smiling wide.

“Oh, thank you so much sweetie. You’re the best mechanic in the universe,” Ash stepped away from Brian and hugged Brex. She was going to miss this guy. He was the closest to a friend she had in this town.

“No problem Ash. You know I’ll always find time for you,” he said after letting go of her. He glanced behind her back for a moment, then leaned closer.

​“You better go. Sean and Grant don’t look happy. Keys are in the ignition,” he half whispered to her.

“Thank you Brex. Call me when you happen to be in Cali,” Ash said hurriedly, after looking at Brian. He was already going to the car.

“Sure honey. Take care,” they shared one more quick hug and then she slid into her car, sneaking one look at Sean. He and Grant were standing right where she left Sean earlier and they were discussing something, rather heatedly.

“Lean closer to me,” Brian whispered, leaning towards her at the same time. Not understanding what was going on, she obeyed and did what he asked. Next moment his palm was on her cheek and his lips so soft against hers. Brian kissed her and it wasn’t just a show off kiss, it was a real one. Soon Brian pulled his lips away and leaned his forehead against Ash’s.

“Well, that got a little out of hand,” he mumbled roughly, still holding Ash’s face between his hands.

“Eh, you think?” she laughed, feeling nervous all of a sudden. She didn’t know what to think.

“Your ex looks kind of jealous,” Brian smirked, turning back to his seat and then started the car. Ash glanced at Sean from the corner of her eye and he did have a funny expression on his face. But what ever he felt, it was turning to anger, fast.

“Lets go,” she hurried Brian to leave before Sean could cause a scene. She had a lot to think about without it.

Brian drove out of the garage parking lot, making cars engine to roar a bit. Ash waved a goodbye to Brex and then they were on their way back to Cali.

It was almost midnight already and it was dark outside. Lights from cars passing by hurt Ash’s eyes. She had been up for almost twenty three hours and she was starting to get tired. She had taken over driving three hours ago when Brian couldn’t hide his yawns anymore. Now he was sleeping on the passenger seat, covered with Ash’s favorite fleece blanket. It was black and had neon green skulls embroidered on the edges. Her grams made this for her fifteenth birthday. She rarely used it, keeping it in the closet, neatly folded. Brian looked cute, sleeping in an awkward position, with a blanket pulled up to his nose.

Suppressing a yawn, Ash noticed a sign to some Inn. Deciding to take a room there, she stopped in front of the building. Moving slowly and quietly, she got out of the car without waking Brian up.

She managed to get only one room, a very tired looking and unfriendly clerk claimed that it was the last room available. She got back to the car and parked it in a better place.

“Brian!” she shook his hand lightly. Brian didn’t move.

“Brian! Wake up!” Ash now raised her voice, shaking him harder.

“Go the fuck away,” he muttered and turned awkwardly on his side.

“Get the fuck up!” this time Ash hit his arm with her palm, her tone was demanding.

“What?” Brian jolted up alerted, trying to look around for any danger.

“I got us a room here. Let’s go and get some proper sleep,” Ash said, taking her bag from the back. Brian followed her quietly, rubbing his eyes. Tossing her bag down, she looked around in the small room.

“Here’s only one bed,” Brian smirked, looking at Ash with his head tilted a little.

​“Yeah, I know. It was the only room left. I can sleep on the floor,” she said, looking at the floor.

“Don’t be stupid. We can sleep on the same bed. It’s not like we haven’t done this before,” Brian smirked again, walking to the window.

“Actually we haven’t. It was a lousy couch, not a bed,” Ash smiled, sitting down at the edge of the bed.

“Same to me,” he snorted, peeking out between the curtains.

“Are you really sure? I don’t mind sleeping on the floor,” Ash asked, looking shyly at Brian. Their gazes met and for some reason Ash couldn’t look away.

“I’m sure,” Brian said at last, giving her a warm smile. “Oh, look, they have a pool. Let’s go swimming,” he said, looking out of the window again.

“Are you insane?” Ash asked, stunned at him.

“No, I just wanna go swimming and you are coming with me,” he smiled viciously, walking back to her.

“Brian, think about it now, will you. Aren't you forgetting something important?” she couldn't believe him. Was he playing his games again?

“I do remember that you don’t know how to swim. But I don’t wanna go alone, just come with me. Please!” Brian begged, looking in her eyes. Standing so close to him, she just couldn’t resist.
“Fine. But I’m staying at a safe distance,” Ash muttered, turning her eyes to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well girls, you were all right, it was Sean. And a little cute devil on Brian's shoulder forced him to make Sean jealous :)

WoW, 99 subscribers O.O It's freaking fantastic! Hugs and kisses to you all guys :*