Status: Be sure to comment! :-3. Oh and I do own Anya (sorry just a little overprotective of this story lol)

Anya: Inuyasha's Sister

Anya’s secret

DISCLAIMER-I don’t own Inuyasha however I do own Anya and all the other original characters so please don’t steal.

(One week later)

The group had gotten to where they needed to be quicker than they planned. Since they were close to the well and Kaede's village, they spent the next few days there. Now it was only a few hours before the battle and everyone used that time to rest up. They all settled down in a nearby clearing at noon (so the battle was in ten hours at 10pm) as Anya kept clutching her back and wincing in pain. Eventually Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had her lift the back of her shirt so they could check her scar. The three kept whispering to one another, most likely about Anya's scar. It was the first time Kagome saw the two brothers act civil to one another.

About two hours later while everyone else still slept, Kagome woke up to find a sight she would never forget. Both Inuyasha and Anya were asleep with peaceful faces. Anya hadn't bothered to change out of her pajamas that morning so she still wore her gray tank top with pink and gray plaid pajama pants. Inuyasha was in his usual cross-legged position but what was sweet was that Anya was curled up in his lap with her head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her in protective way. Kagome smiled and sat up not realizing that she wasn't the only one awake.

"That was apparently the only way she would go to sleep as a young child," Sesshomaru said emotionless causing Kagome to nearly jump three feet in the air. Sesshomaru continued but sounded like he was talking more to himself, "She was a completely different person than today's Aleksandra-," he was cut off by the alleged sleeping Anya.

"Don't ever call me Aleksandra," she growled with acid in her voice. Her growl caused Sango and Miroku to wake up as well as Kirara.

"Listen Aleksandra-," Sesshomaru mentally slapped himself for letting the name slip again. With lightening speed Anya was in front of Sesshomaru seething.

"I said don't ever call me Aleksandra!" she snarled angrily. Kagome watched Anya's eyes go from the hypnotic gold to pure blood red with golden slits in the middle. It could've been her imagination but she would've sworn Anya's hair was turning red when Inuyasha put his hand on Anya's shoulder. Anya immediately went back to normal.

"Anya are you okay?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm fine. There's a hot spring close by, I'll be right back," her voice sounded broken as she left the clearing.

//oo//

Anya folded her clothes on a rock next to her and put So'unga on top of them. She leaned back against the large rock behind her and looked up at the sky. She gently touched her locket that rested on her chest, lost in thought. Then a twig snapped in a bush behind her. Anya grabbed So'unga.

"Whose there?!" she demanded dangerously. Kagome stepped out of the bushes holding two towels.

"Hey,I thought you might want some company," Kagome said quietly as she walked to the edge of the water.

"Inuyasha sent you didn't he?" Anya said with a small smile. Kagome smiled and set her clothes next to Anya's and got into the water.

"He may have suggested it," Kagome said. They were silent for a minute before Kagome spoke.

"Is that your real name? Aleksandra?" Kagome asked. Anya nodded.

"Yeah," she said.

"Why don't you like to be called it?" Kagome asked. Anya sighed before she answered.

"Only my mom would call me it and sometimes when I hear my dad's voice he calls me it. Sometimes those memories with my mother are too much to bear," she explained.

"So how did you come up with 'Anya'?" Kagome asked.

"It's my middle name; Aleksandra Anya," Anya said. Kagome decided to change the subject and looked down at her locket.

"What's inside of your locket?" she asked. Anya gave another small smile.

"A photo of my mom on one side and my dad on the other. My dad was no stranger to your era, that's how Inuyasha and I can travel through the well and why my castle the inside has a modern day look in the rooms, the kitchen is an actual kitchen, the living room and bedrooms. Even plumbing. How he got it to work I'll never know. Also how he got through the well in the first place I have no answer. Anyway he got a camera and he took a picture of himself and one of my mom. The locket he made here in the feudal era I don't know how though, most likely Totosai, the one who made his swords. He gave my mom the locket with the pictures inside for her birthday and on my third birthday she gave it to me. It's all I have left of her," Anya explained. Anya looked back up at the sky and continued quietly.

"Everyone I ever met has said my face is identical to my father's. But when I look in the mirror I just see me, no one else," she said. The two sat in the water for a little longer before they got dressed and started to head back to camp.

(Sunset-6pm)

Everyone was sitting around the fire in silence. Kagome looked over to find Inuyasha and Anya by the trees, deep in conversation. She was able to hear the end of the conversation.

"It's your call," Anya said to Inuyasha.

"I gotta do it. Come get me when it's time," Inuyasha said.

"Leave the shards, don't take them," Anya said. Inuyasha walked over to Kagome.

"Kagome can we go back to your time, I want to talk to you," Inuyasha said. Kagome nodded and they left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!
I know 'Aleksandra' isn't Japanese either but it fit with her name and also it means 'defender of mankind' and that pretty much is what Anya is right? I shoud've mentioned in the last chapter that Rin, Jaken, and Shippo stayed behind in the castle.