Status: Be sure to comment! :-3. Oh and I do own Anya (sorry just a little overprotective of this story lol)

Anya: Inuyasha's Sister

Enter bad guys and a haunting gift

DICLAIMER- I don’t own Inuyasha but I do own Anya and the other original characters in the story so please don’t steal.

Everyone walked in silence as they got closer to battle-point. Kagome tightened her grip on Inuyasha's hand while the others were lost in thought about the outcome of the battle.

Anya, who was leading the group, would often turn around and look at everyone. She wouldn't let herself show it, but she was never so nervous in her life. This battle put everything on the line and she knew there was no room for mistake. In truth, Anya knew Kagome would come through the well to fight, so she left Kirara there to wait for Kagome. Sesshomaru walked up next to Anya. Sensing his sister’s discomfort he quietly spoke so the others wouldn’t hear them.

"Sister, are you well?" he asked in his usual emotionless tone.

"In the 63 years I have been ruler and general of the west, and all those battles I fought, I feel like I may not make it out of this one," Anya confessed softly. Instead of responding, Sesshomaru turned and returned to the back of the group. Anya took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment. She knew he wasn’t gonna say anything to comfort her but surprisingly his silence was comfort enough because it was expected. It was the unknown she feared at this moment.

Anya kept her eyes forward and continued further into her thoughts. Feeling both her ego and self-esteem crumble more and more, Anya began to doubt herself.

"Don't give up on yourself. I wouldn't have made you ruler and general of the west if I knew you wouldn't put up a fight," a deep voice said. Anya's eyes snapped open.

"F-Father," Anya whispered, making her voice sound small and weak. She always felt crazy when she heard his voice but the sound comforted her none the less. But with everything that went on in her life she did consider the fact that she had indeed lost her mind time and time again.

"Don't give up without a fight. Your body holds a special gift of strength and your mind holds a very rare gift of memories. You can see memories of battles back before even I first became general and ruler, memories before mine, you, your brothers, and your mother's very existence. Use that gift wisely in the future, don't waste it. Be strong Aleksandra, I'm proud of you," the voice said before disappearing. Anya straightened her body and felt her confidence increase drastically. She would be strong. She would win.

//oo//

When they got to battle-point, they found Naraku, Takemaru, and Ryenkotsei waiting. By the strength of the demonic auras, they knew the demons were waiting on the other side of the mountain.

"My, my Inuyasha, look how much you have grown. The last time I saw you, you were a newborn. Oh, and Anya, you look exactly like your father," Takemaru said. Both Inuyasha and Anya growled threateningly. Inuyasha pushed Kagome behind him and began to draw Tetsuaiga.

"Now, now Inuyasha when in a formal battle such as this, the general is to start the battle itself," Naraku said within his barrier and he rose up so he got full visual of the entire battle field. Anya and Takemaru stood eye to eye (well almost, Anya was slightly taller).
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! Anya needed some reassurance from her dad. :-). Also I think I got the math right when Anya said she was ruler/general for 63 years. She started at age thirteen and I did the math from there. Next chapter starts the battle we’ve all been waiting for!