Status: finished

Will Things Ever Change?

Surprise Reunion

We were all spread out, drinking beers and lying down on our beach towels. I just stared out and watched as the waves crashed down on to the shore.

"Val? Baby are you okay?" I looked over and smiled at my boyfriend Matt.

"Yeah Babe I'm fine." Not really I was lying. It was Beach Day. I haven't been happy on Beach Day for five years. It was a constant reminder of how I betrayed my best friend.

"Dude are you serious? I can't believe her," Brian said

"Then she had the nerve to try and say that its mine," Zack explained. We were all sitting at the beach and Zack was explaining to us how Dawn had been cheating on him and how she'd gotten pregnant and he swore the kid couldn't be his.

"She's such a fucking whore" Johnny stated I wanted to smack them all for even thinking this. It wasn't true. Dawn would never cheat on Zack, I knew what was really going on.

"And she has the nerve to tell you right before we go on our first tour." Jimmy said. I bite my tongue and stayed silent. They all had their minds made up and I don't think telling them the truth would change anything.

"Oh look, here comes the skunk right now." Zack announced. We all looked to see Dawn running up to us.

"Zack will you please listen to me?"

"Why so you can lie to me again?"

"Why would I ever cheat on you? I love you."

"Bullshit." Zack yelled. She turned to us.

"Guys please tell him that he's being stupid. You know I would never do something like that to him."

"We have nothing to say to you. You've been lying to us for months." Matt said

"You know that's not true. I've never lied to you guys."

"You're doing it right now."

"Come on guys I can't even be near her." Zack got up and started walking towards his car. The guys got up and followed too. I started following.

"Val? You know its not true, you know the truth tell them!" She was yelling and pleading with her eyes. I just stared.

"Baby come on" Matt called me.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered than ran off after the guys. Leaving my best friend betrayed. I knew that if I told the truth I would have lost the guys. Especially Matt. I can't lose him.


"Baby are you sure you're okay?"

"I just need to take a walk." He kissed my cheek then let me walk off. I ended up walking down the pier. It was really crowded today. I could here sniffling I looked around to see a little girl crying near a bench, she looked terrified. I approached her.

"Are you alright?" She looked at me.

"I lost my mommy."

"Oh sweetie what happened?" I sat down on the bench and placed her on my lap.

"We were walking and she told me not to let go of her hand cause there was lot of people. But I let go and now I can't find her." She started crying.

"Ssh It's okay I'll help you find her, does that sound good?" She looked up and whipped her eyes.

"Yeah" I looked at her in shock. Her eyes were exactly like Zack's she looked just like him too. She could be his daughter... unless? No that can't be possible. I shook it off.

"Where's the last place you where together?"

"Um near the big wheel." Okay so they were at the ferris wheel.

"Alright lets go there first. What's your name sweetie?"

"Belle, but Mommy likes to call me Beauty. Whats your name?"

"Valary, but you can call me Val"

"Okay" She grabbed my hand real tight and we started walking towards the ferris wheel. She practically told me her whole life story about how she just turned five and how her and her mom moved in with her grandma. She even told me how she loved Avenged Sevenfold. I smirked.

"Hey Belle. Do you know M Shadows?"

"Yeah"

"He's my boyfriend"

"You're lucky, Mama doesn't really like them, but I think she secretly likes Zacky." That statement really made me wonder whose kid she was. It was almost like she could have been Zack's daughter.

"Belle! Beauty!" We heard someone yell. That voice sounded so familiar.

"Mama?" We looked around trying to find out who said it. Until we saw a woman looking around frantically. I froze. Oh My God. "Mama!" Belle yelled as she let go of my hand and rushed towards her.

"Beauty!" She rushed up to her and picked her up engulfing her in the tightest hug. "Don't ever scare me like that again. Are you okay?"

"Yeah Mama, Val helped me." Belle pointed at me. I walked forward.

"Hi Dawn" I pretty much whispered. She looked at me shocked then it turned to anger.

"Hi Valary" She said as if I was the worst thing in the world. I felt like it.

"Mama, you know Val?"

"We used to be best friends Beauty."

"Does that mean you know Avenged Sevenfold too?"

"I used to know them."

"Can I meet them Mama?"

"I don't know Beauty"

"Please"

"I don't know"

"Well can me and you at least catch up?" She glared at me. I know if Belle wasn't here she would be giving me a piece of her mind or kicking my ass.

"Yeah sure we can." She said making it obvious she wasn't happy about this.

"I'll stop by later on today. Belle already told me where your staying." She nodded and started walking away with Belle in her arms.

"Dawn?"

"What?"

"I'm glad your back." I said honestly. She snorted.

"I'm sure you are." She said her voice dripping with sarcasm. She glared at me one more time then walked away. Leaving me to feel the same way I did five years ago. Like complete shit