Status: finished

Will Things Ever Change?

Bar Confessions

It was 7:30 and we had just left the mall. We were driving in Val's car and she wouldn't tell me where we were going next.

"Val just tell me where we're going."

"Nope its a surprise." I huffed but turned up the radio as one of my favorite songs Beating Heart Baby By Head Automatica blasted through the speakers. She just laughed at me as I sang along. I continued singing to the songs on the radio until I saw where we were going. I almost fainted.

"Oh hell no Val." I whinnied.

"What? You haven't been here in ages."

"Val what makes you think they won't be here? We're at Johnny's for crying out loud."

"We were all here yesterday, we don't come two days in a row."

"Val this is a bar. They will be here."

"If worst comes to worst we'll leave before they see us okay."

I sighed. "You're lucky I love you."

"And if you didn't?" She teased.

"Just shut up. I need a drink. I haven't had one in five years."

"You serious?"

"I haven't had a drink since I found out I was pregnant." She looked at me shocked. "Why are you so surprised by this?"

"Because you could out drink the guys any day." I smirked she was right.

"Well that was then this is now. Are we going in or not?" She smiled and dragged me inside. We took a seat by the bar and just ordered two beers to start. I loved used to love this place. Ever since we all got fake Id's this is where we would go. I remember the first time I was here. It was the day Zack asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Guys my back hurts." We were all crammed in Matt's car. I had just gotten a tattoo. It was painfully obvious that I was under age. But the guys were cool with the tattoo artist so he decided to give me one. I started to try and rub my lower back again.

"Hey stop doing that." Zack said and grabbed my hand and entwined are fingers. It was dark so I know he couldn't tell I was blushing.

"I should have the right to rub my back, I just got a tattoo supporting your band"

"No one said you had to get a deathbat that big." I just huffed as Matt pulled into a parking lot."

"Where are we?"

"Johnny's!" Everyone said overly excited.

"Get you ID out." Zack whispered in my ear. I nodded. As he pulled us both out the car,as we walked into the bar still holding hands. We showed the people are Id's and they let us in. "Alright now lets get shit faced!" He pulled me towards the counter and ordered us drinks. "Drink this it should numb the pain." I gladly drink it.

Two hours later.

We all accomplished being completely wasted. And me and Zack were getting pretty comfortable with each other.

"Dawn, can I ask you something cause I haven't had the balls to say this to you sober."

"Go ahead Zacky."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I started smiling like an idiot.

"Fuck yes I will." He smiled and started planting sloppy kisses all over me."


"Dawn? Dawn!"

"Huh what?"

"You just spaced out on me. The pool tables open. Bet I can kick your ass."

"Val you have never been able to beat me at pool."

"Well that could change."

"You're on."

"Ha! Ready to give up?"

"Hell no." We had just played five rounds of pool and I've won every one. "Rematch." I just laughed.

"Alright." we got everything set up and Val decided to go first. She positioned herself and hit the balls.

"That was your best shot so far."

"Oh shut up and shoot." I smirked and lined myself up. I was getting ready to shot when, someone called Val's name from behind me.

"Hey Val what are you doing here and who is your friend with the killer tattoo." I froze, I didn't want to turn around because I knew who it was. I looked at Val in distress, she looked at me with sympathy.

"Um hi guys." Her voice was shaky.

"Aren't you gonna introduce us?" I wanted to run away so bad but I knew this was coming sooner or later. I turned around and looked up at all the guys except Zack wasn't there. They looked at me shocked then it turned to anger.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Matt practically yelled.

"Baby calm down."

"I will not, what is this skank doing back? Is she trying to pin her kid on Zack again."

That pissed me off. "Okay listen Shadows, I'm not here to pin me kid on anyone. I'm here because I need I place to stay where that is, is none of your fucking business." I pulled a picture me and Belle took in a photo booth out of my pocket. "As for my daughter Zack is her father and I'm not gonna try and make you believe it. But look at this picture and tell me he's not." I shoved the picture at him and all of them looked at it shocked, Matt refused to look at it. Jimmy handed it back to me. "Val I'm gonna go now" I started to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

"Oh no I'm not letting you walk away again. I didn't stand by you then but I'm going to now." She looked at all the guys. "Where's Zack."

"He went to visit his mom." Brian said. We both looked at each other I could tell she was thinking the same thing I was Oh shit. Matt was about to say something, Val cut him off.

"Matt shut up. I've kept quite for five years and I'm not doing it anymore." I could see the anger rising in her. She was quite scary when she was mad. "Now we are gonna sit in a booth and both of us are going to explain why Dawn is here. Alright?" Everyone looked kind of scared. But followed us to an empty booth. I sat in the corner and Val sat next to me for support. "Dawn you should say what you need to say first."

"They're not gonna listen to me Val. I tried so many times before it doesn't matter."

"Well I'm gonna make them listen to me." I sighed and started talking.

"I didn't cheat on Zack and I don't care anymore if you don't believe me. I'm only here because me and my daughter were evicted from our apartment and we had nowhere else to go we would have been living out of our car. I met up with Val by chance."

"But you made it seem like you were cheating what were you doing?" Johnny asked

"I got a job because I was trying to pay for the guitar Zack had on your first tour, I was gonna give it to him as I surprise."

"But Val gave him the guitar." Matt said

"Baby I can explain that. The day before she left, she dropped the guitar off at my house because she knew he wouldn't take it if he knew it was from her." She sighed. "I knew she never cheated that whole time. I was to afraid to say anything because I saw the way she isolated Dawn and I didn't want to lose you guys. I couldn't lose you Matt. I just love you so much." Her voice was getting shaky again. "And I betrayed my best friend because of it." Matt wrapped his arms around her shoulder and pulled her into his chest.

"Val I'm sorry I made you feel like that to the point where you would betray Dawn." He looked over at me. "Dawn I am so sorry I put you through that shit. Its just that I've been so close to all the guys before you came along and I automatically believed Zack."

"Same here, I'm sorry too." Brian said. He leaned over the table and hugged me. The rest of them said their apologies and hugged me as well. I mentally cursed myself. I've always been too forgiving, its always been a problem for me. I just smiled and told them I forgave them. We ended up talking about Belle. Through it all they seemed so anxious to meet her.

"Guys you can meet her tomorrow. But its almost ten and I need to get back." They all showed their disappointment and I smiled. I guess they did miss me.

"Alright I'll drive you back." Val said and we started getting up.

"Wait where are you and Belle staying?" Johnny asked. I gulped.

"At Zack's house." I mumbled.

"How does that work?" Jimmy asked

"He doesn't know I'm back, His mother said I could stay with her."

"Isn't Belle at the house right now?"

"Shit. Guys I gotta go now!" Val and I started rushing out of Johnny's we blew them kisses before we left. I was panicking. It didn't seem like such a big deal but I didn't want Zack to see Belle before I had a chance to explain.