Status: finished

Will Things Ever Change?

Back From The Past

Zack's POV

I got my key out of my pocket and opened the door and was greeted with cartoons on the TV I raised an eyebrow. Why is my mom watching cartoons? I took a sniff and smiled because I could smell a oven fresh cake. I walked into the kitchen to see my mother getting out frosting from the cabinet.

"Can I help frost the cake?" She jumped at the sound of my voice.

"Oh my gosh Zacky, what are you doing here?" I laughed.

"Mom I live here?"

"Well not really you moved out and bought a house remember? You just usually call first before you come over now a days."

"Well I wanted to surprise you." She looked at me kind of worried. "Mom are you okay?"

"What yeah I'm fine just shocked you picked today out of all days to visit." I raised an eyebrow at her. I was going to say something but I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. In rushed a little girl, and I was shocked. She looked like a little girl version of me.

"Grandma I got the movie, are we gonna watch it when we finish the cake?" She looked at her then looked at me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Zacky. Who are you?"

"I'm Belle."

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here with my mom and Grandma, what about you?" I looked at my mom, she still had that worried expression on her face.

"Well I came here to visit my mom." She looked at me then at my mom.

"Grandma's your mom?"

"Yeah."

"That's cool." She looked down at the DVD in her hand and frowned. "Grandma I don't wanna watch this movie right now can I pick out something different?"

"Go ahead sweetie." She smiled and rushed out the room and up the stairs.

"So what is she doing here?" She sighed.

"I'm letting Belle and her mother stay here until they can get back on their feet." I nodded in understanding.

"So where's her mother?"

"Catching up with an old friend."

"And your letting her call you grandma." She nodded. "Ma are you sure you're okay you seem kind of nervous."

"Zack I'm fine stop worrying about it." Belle came rushing down the stairs.

"Grandma I picked out Beauty and the Beast its my favorite. Zacky do you like this movie."

I smiled. "Its one of my favorites." I used to watch it all the time with her. I couldn't even bring myself to say her name.

"Yeah, then we can watch it together." I looked towards my mom.

"Go ahead, I'll give you guys some cake when I'm done frosting it."

"Ya" She grabbed my hand and yanked me into the living room. I took the DD out of her hands and put it in the player. I plopped down on the sofa and she snuggled up next to me. I smiled to myself. This kid was adorable. As soon as the movie started playing both of us started mouthing the words. I smiled to myself again. I haven't watched this movie since Dawn left.

"Baby do we have to watch this movie?"

"Yes we are watching this come on you know you like it."

"I've never seen it."

"How have you never seen Beauty and The Beast? Its a Disney classic."

"Its to girly."

"Well to bad we're watching it." I groaned. "Oh come on if you watch it I'll give you anything you want later."

I raised my eyebrow "Anything?"

"Yes anything now shut up and watch the movie." She snuggled up close to me and buried her face in my chest.

The credits started rolling. "Are you crying?" I whipped my eyes.

"No I have something in my eyes."

"Aw my Zacky's crying, babe its okay its kinda cute." She started pinching my cheeks. "This movie reminds you of us doesn't it?"

"Are you calling me beastly?"

"Yes but I meant how me and you didn't get along at first, we only tolerated each other because we were both friends with Val." I started tickling her. "Zacky stop it."

"Fine but we're doing something else now."

"Like what?"

"Anything I want." She took the hint and I chased her up the stairs.


I frowned at remembering this and could feel myself getting angry. Why did everything go so wrong? I looked down at Belle, she was sleeping in my lap. I just messed with her hair, until I noticed my mom, standing in the doorway.

"What?"

"You both just look so cute together. I'll take her upstairs."

"No I'll do it, where is she staying?"

"In your room." I nodded and picked her up and started carrying up the stairs. I opened my door and smirked. At least they didn't change anything. I placed her in my bed and tucked her in. I looked at her one more time before I started walking out of the room.

"Daddy?" I turned around to see her waking up.

"No its Zacky."

"Zacky." I started walking back to her.

"Yeah Belle?"

"Can you stay with me?"

"Of coarse."

"Can you put in my CD? It has my name on it."

"Sure thing." I found her CD and pressed play. I smirked as Almost Easy went through the speakers. I got back onto my bed and snuggled up close to me again.

"Zacky, your my favorite in Avenged Sevenfold."

"Oh really?" Surprised that she knew who I was and didn't seem to care.

"Yeah you're Mama's favorite to but she won't admit it." she yawned. "Can you take me to meet the rest of your band? Because Mama doesn't want me to meet them."

"I'll ask her for you."

"Thank you Zacky." I pulled her in closer. We just lied down talking until she fell asleep. I was about to get up when I noticed the song that was playing. It was Daughter To Father How I knew that was beyond me. I looked down at her and frowned why is she listening to this? I stayed with her until the song was over. It just felt right holding her. My mom was watching us through the doorway. She had the same sad expression I had. I loosely got out of Belle's grip and walked out the room and back down the stairs with my mom.

"Why does she have that song?"

"Its not my place to say Zack." I sighed feeling bad for Belle. My mom had that nervous expression on her face again.

"Mom are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah I'm just bracing myself for whats going to come."

"Like what?" Before she could respond the door opened and the last person I ever wanted to see walked through the door.

Dawn

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I yelled

"Zack calm down and stop yelling Belle is sleeping."

"What is she doing here?"

"I live here. And if your gonna start yelling then do it outside."

"Fine." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out to the backyard. "You're coming with me cause I'm yelling at you." We stopped by the tree out back. I let her loose and she started rubbing her wrist. "Now answer my fucking question what are you doing back?"

"Its really none of your god damn business why I'm back and why do you even care?"

"Because I don't to be any where near you!"

"Well no one said you had to be here get the fuck out then."

"I can stay here as long as I fucking want you're the one that should leave."

"You're mother personally said I could stay here so I'm staying here until I'm able to move out."

"You got a lot of nerve coming back here."

"I'm only here because of Belle. Its not like I wanna be near you either, you selfish asshole."

"Well why couldn't you stay with your parents?"

"They kicked me out when they found out I was pregnant."

"Serves you right." I mumbled under my breath

"Excuse me? This is all your fault! Your the one that- Why am I arguing with you over the same damn thing over and over again? You can believe what you want but you can't deny it anymore, after you've seen Belle and you know I'm back you know she is your daughter. She looks just like you!"

"Fine I'll stop I know she's mine now, but I just proves how much of a whore you are."

"What!"

"You obviously slept with me and that other guy so much you couldn't tell who's kid it was so you automatically wanted to make sure she was mine, and lucky for you she just happens to be mine."

"First of all that makes no fucking sense and second you are the first person I've been with the only person I've been with and I'm so sick and tired of trying to make you believe it."

"Well it doesn't matter because I don't believe you anyway. But I'll take full responsibility for Belle."

"You don't have to she doesn't need you! She's hasn't needed you for five years now."

"I'm willing to fight you over this."

"Oh so you want some kind of custody battle now? You've been denying her for five years and now you what to be a part of her life? Your a complete asshole and a hypocrite. I don't know what I ever saw in you!"

"I don't know what I saw in you either. You're such a bitch."

"Oh don't start talking shit about me because you can't admit you were wrong. You can be a part of her life but you're the one thats going to tell her your her father. You're the one thats going to explain to her why you weren't there for her when she needed you. I'm sick of explaining to her why you haven't been there. It breaks my heart every time I do it and I don't want to do it again."

"Look I'm so-"

"I don't want your fucking apology it doesn't mean shit to me. Apologize to Belle, she's the one that really needs it." She turned away from me and ran back into the house. I growled to myself and stormed back into the house. I'll give the news to Belle tomorrow when she's awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I find this story depressing so far, I try to make it more positive.

Tell me what you think love ya