Status: active.

Demise.

eleven.

When Prosper had finished changing the oil in the car that he was working on, John had called Prosper over to ask for a favor.

“Hey, can I ask for a favor?”

“Yeah sure, what’s up?” he asked wiping his hands on his work pants.

“My wife scheduled some parenting classes next tuesday, I don’t know why, but she won’t let me skip out on them and I need someone to drop Angela and Mateo of at the babysitters, do you mind swinging them there and picking them up? I’d appreciate it.”

Prosper was very hesitant; He hated kinds in the worst way.

Johns kids were very well behaved, Angela is six and she likes to talk about sports, she likes baseball and football and has this funny smile cause her front two teeth fell out. Mateo is four, he gets a little cranky now and then but he loved to play with his toy car and always carries a blanket around with him.

“Sure John, I’ll do it.”

John smiled and patted Prospers shoulder.

“Oh thanks kid, I’ll even throw you an extra forty dollars on your pay check, I really appreciate it.”

An extra forty eh? This might not be so bad. Prosper thought.

“Just pick them up at my house around four thirty and bring them here to this address and pick them up around seven thirty.”

345 Chestnut Drive.

“Alright no problem.”

All he had to do was deliver the package and pick it back up a couple hours later, no big deal right?

**
Tonight, Prosper was going to a big party down at the old warehouse building at the pier. This place was a host to so many great parties during the year, he loved to go and just party his worries away.

He put on his best outfit and drove out to the pier.

No drinking he thought. Not one single beer.

His friends greeted him with red plastic cups in hand and goofy looking grins on their faces, Prosper wanted to slap every single one of them cause he wished he wasn’t his own designated driver for the night.

“Dude, these chicks.. Man.” Matt said looking around with lust in his eyes.

“Yeah, I guess.”

He raised an eyebrow at Prosper.

“There is a ton of girls in there waiting for some action.” he said wiggling his eyebrows. “And you say, you guess? Pfft I’d be all in it man.”

Prosper just smiled twirling his keys around his fingers.

“Lets go get this over with.”

Inside the party, the music was blaring loudly from the speakers and the sea of bodies on the dance floor, touching and it was so hot in this place you could feel the sweat perspiring of their skin.

“Damn this is one hell of a party.”

Prosper looked through the crowd and saw Norah, of all people Norah was here at the party, and his eyed went wide when he saw what she was wearing.

“Oh my god, dude is that the new girl?” Matt asked wide eyed.

Norah was wearing a mini skirt and a take top with these heels that made Prospers knees go weak. He wanted to run right over and go and talk to her, but he promised himself he’d give her some room.

“Dude, go get at that.” Matt said nudging him.

Prosper shook his head getting a bottle of water and opened it.

“Nah, it’s not worth it. Not now at least.”

Norah would quickly glance over at Prosper and he would just look down at his water bottle or give her a small smile and just act like she wasn’t even fair. Like Chris said, Norah wouldn’t like him if he kept playing the little games he played, so he was just going to have to take up on that.

He didn’t know why he was the he was, he blamed most of it on the father he never had, his life as with his drunken mother. But no one knew that part of his life. No one.

Norah looked up at him again, and she had this confused look on her face. She was probably wondering why Prosper hadn’t made his way over to harass her, and that little thought made Prosper smile, cause he knew he was going to get somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i took forever to update, got horrid writers block, thankss shaheen for the idea <3 comments please !!