Status: active.

Demise.

thirty-eight.

Prosper sat in his car looking at the little white house on 33 Britchfoot St. he was so scared to go and ring that door bell why?

Because today was the day, that Prosper was going to meet his father.

He drove 400 miles, took about four pit-stops and three naps to get to South Carolina. He got the information from his birth-certificate and looked him up in the system at the town hall. It wasn’t easy, but he did it.

He picked up the phone and dialed Norah, he wanted to tell her that he got there alright and his hands were shaking as Norah answered.

“Hey you there?”

“Yeah, just got here five minutes ago. I’m scared Nor.”

“Don’t be he’s your Dad. Just be yourself, you’ll do just fine.”

Prosper smiled and leaned back into the drivers seat. “I love you.”

“I love you too and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Prosper hung up and got out of the car and stood in the middle of the street. It’s no or never. He probably would have never done this again if he backed out. He took a deep breath and rang the door bell.

He never felt this nervous about anything in his life before- the door opened and a tall man about Prosper’s high with graying hair and the same set of eyes.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“Uh. Hi are you James Madden?”

The man nodded slightly and crossed his arms. “Yes? And who are you?”

Prosper smiled a little and looked at him dead in the eye. “I’m Prosper, I’m your son.”

James stood there and looked Prosper up and down and was at loss for words, he couldn’t believe this and he didn’t know what to say.

“Well would you look at that.” He said giving a half smile. “You’re all grown up.”

He shrugs his shoulder and gives a low chuckle. “Yup, I’m about to graduate high school.”

“Come on, don’t stand out there all day.”

His house was nice and normal looking, better looking than his. His dad seemed like he had everything together and from everyone said about him, he seems to be living good.

“So Prosper, how’s your mom doing?”

Prosper looked down at his shoes and sighed. “Not good. She got into a bit of trouble.. Well she’s always been like that. She misses you.”

He looked at Prosper and the flicker in his eyes knew that he had been thinking about his mom as well.

“What’s been going on?”

“She’s been beating herself up for years about you leaving, she started drinking really heavily.. Had a few boyfriends that got her mixed up into drugs. Dad, I’ve been raising myself. She was admitted into a rehab a month ago.”

James sighed and ran a hand over his face. “I guess you want me to explain myself too now huh?”

Prosper hesitated and looked at him. “I don’t expect you to give me a whole big story, I just want you to know that I made it. Without you or mom, I did it all by myself, but I wish I had someone to support me.”

“I’m sorry, I really truly am. I don’t expect you to want me around, just know that I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to let you down.”

Prosper went into his pocket and pulled out a ticket placing it on the table.

“I want you to come to my Graduation, they’re not letting mom out from the hospital, so I want you to be there. Please?”

James smiled and he sniffled lightly rubbing his eyes. “Of course son.”

Prosper and James spent hours talking about school and where he was going to college, he told him about Achilles and Norah and James really seemed interested in her. Prosper loved talking about her to him, he told James all about her and how amazing she was.

“She sounds like a real keeper son, I’m really proud of you, I really am.”

Prosper knew that his Dad couldn’t make up for the time he lost, but he sure as hell could start fresh, and he knew that if he really tried, he could have both of his parents back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw he met his Daddy :D any comments?