Status: Active

Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy

Calm Before The Storm

“Why did you fight with him? Why did you flip out? Why did you hit him? Why?” I cried in frustration.

“I-I, we were fighting about this girl I like from Carlton High,” my heart squeezed, girl? What girl? Who was she? I was unsure if I was jealous of her because Danny liked her or Pete did.

Secretly I knew.

“Is Pete trying to steal her from you?” My voice came out quiet and low.

“Yeah… it’s not important, so as I was saying. I am totally grounded for two weeks,”

“We’ll be in school by than!”

“I know, I’m sorry we can’t hang out for the rest of summer, Summer,” he thought that was a riot.

“Har, har, seriously. What the heck am I going to l do?”

“Hell if I know! Just, finish your summer reading Summer,”

“First, shut up. Second, I already did!”

“Damn, I don’t know but I gotta go. My parents said I can call you to say I can’t hang out and that’s it. Sorry,”

“Okay, Jed su ais wic si hposur vous.”

“Thanks,” he answered then I heard the click of him hanging up.

I stood and grabbed my book bag and threw my wallet inside.

“Mom, I’m going to the bookstore,” I shouted down the hall before rushing off after she shouts back bye.

I grab my bike and stick to the sidewalk and reach the used bookstore about three blocks away. I smile as I get in, the smell of dust and worn out papers instantly hitting my nose.

“Hey Patrick,” I wave to the shy sales clerk who works here and knew me on the count of me being here so much.

“Hey Summer,” he nods his head in a greeting and I quickly go into the aisles of magic and adventure.

I pass by a few books and grab the ones that seem interesting before I hear the door chime open and then a familiar voice.

“Hey Patrick,” it was Pete.

“Hey Pete,” I could hear them doing the guy hand shake thing and I stayed where I was.

My heart pounded painfully quickly. I heard footsteps coming toward me and I opened up a book I picked out and pretended to read it.

“Summer?” My stomach did flip flops.

I moved the book away from my face and smiled at him.

“Oh hey Pete, how are you?”

How are you? What am I 40?

“Good, hey since Danny’s grounded… we can hang out sometime if you want…” He smiled wide and friendly showing his teeth.

My heart pounds in my ears, and my breathing got stuck in my throat, all the while butterflies were going crazy in my tummy.

“Um…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! Comment. What do you think she’ll say? What should she say?