Status: Done.

Give Me A Shot To Remember

Poker Night

We walked to her car and drove to the hair salon in which Gena works at. It was a cool place, it had a station for hair and nails and makeup.

Gena went straight for this red head with glasses and was some what slim. She looked like she was at least 27 and freckle free. She had green eyes and loads of makeup on her face. She was wearing a jean skirt with a tank top and a golden heart locket. She had two-inch heels that were brown and wrapped around her foot.

“Hey, Macy!” says Gena as she hugs the women that appears to be named Macy.

She hugged Gena and looked at me. “Who’s this?” she eyed me like I was a threat or someone not to be trusted.

Gena walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder. “This is Becka, Brian’s twin sister. Brian is in the band with Zacky and they are close, like they all are. Sometimes I think they’re gay for each other!” she says, obviously trying to lighten the mood a little.

Macy eyes me under her glasses and then turns to Gena with a giant smile. “What can I do for you, dear?” her voice sounded high pitched and a hint of squeakiness.

“Becka and I need our nails done. If you have an opening great, but if not then we can wait.”

Macy went to her clipboard at the counter and said we could sit at an open table.

I sat down at the one in front of me and Gena sat next to me. Macy started to get everything for Gena and told her to pick a color and asked what she wanted. I waited patiently for someone to come out for a good four minutes.

Gena glanced at me to see that I hadn’t gotten any service yet. “Where’s Sonia?”

Macy sat down across from Gena and started to dip her hands in the water in between them. “In the back, she’s taking a break.” Macy glanced at the clock and mumbled something. “Sonia! Your break is over!”

A brunette that looked Hispanic ran out of the back door and sat across from me. She had curly hair and was quite beautiful. She wore black leggings with a white dress over it and a headband. Her heels were a good two and a half inches, I stared at her. Her eyes a warm chocolate with a tint of green in them, they were amazing. Her lips her plump and she had a small little black freckle on the right side of her face, above her lip and a little to the right. She had some mascara on, red lipstick, eye shadow, and a bit of blush. She had to be at least 24.

“Hello,” she said in an accent. “Sorry for the wait.” She smiled gently at me.

“Don’t even worry about.” I returned the smile.

“So, what are we doing?”

I stared at my nails. “A new coat with a design on it and my toes need a coat too.”

“What color?”

“Do you have a dark blue?”

She went into a drawer next to her and pulled out a deep shade of blue. She smiled at me.
“Do you want a massage with the pedicure?”

“Yes, please.”

She soaked my hands in the water and left them in there a bit before taking them out and drying them on the towel. She started to clip my finger nails and started to scrape my cuticles and took away anything that would make a hangnail. She rubbed off my left over nail polish and then rubbed my hands with lotion before massaging them.

“Hey Gena, guess what?”

She turned to me. “What?”

“Chris, the guy I met at the amusement park, is gonna come over tomorrow!”

“That’s great! So, I’m guessing that the guys are going to interrogate him before you guys get
to hang out?”

“Yeah, I’m gonna tell them tonight,” I said as Sonia finished the massaging and

straightened my hands on the top of table. She started the first coat of blue before I continued. “Are any of them coming over tonight?”

Gena thought for a couple of seconds. I took the time to look at which color she had picked, it
was orange but more like a sunset flavor then the actual fruit color. “Yeah, they all are. It’s poker night.”

I nodded. “Good. I can kick their asses at poker and then tell them what is going to happen tomorrow.”

“They use real money, by the way.”

I nodded my head for a minute. “Then, I could go to an ATM and take out some cash.”

Sonia started the second coat and I asked, “So, if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?”

She chuckled. “Twenty-three but I’m turning twenty-four in a couple of months.”

I nodded. “Do you have any kids?”

She shook her. “Some day, I hope.”

“I want kids, one boy and one girl.”

She smiled at me. “So, how do you know Gena?”

“I am Brian’s twin and Brian is in the band that her boyfriend is in. I am also living with her and Zacky for the time being. Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny, Matt, and Brian basically forced me to.”
She turned to Gena. “Is Zacky your boyfriend? The one with all of those tattoos and those things on his mouth and nose,” she asked while making a disgusted voice.

Gena laughed. “Yeah, that’s Zacky and one of Becka’s best friends.”

“I don’t like those kinds of guys,” Sonia said while pinching in her face. “They look scary and like assholes.”

Gena and I just had to laugh at that.

“But…they’re…amazing!” I said in between laughs.

Sonia shook her head in disbelief.

Sonia told me to stand up and made me sit on the chairs on which you receive pedicures. She took my hands and put them on under this ultraviolet light and then removed my sandals and did the same exact thing she did with my hands.

“Oh. Becka, what type of guys do you like?”

“Sensitive, Punk, Rock Star, or Sports,” I said as I nodded my head.

“Okay. No offense but I can only see you with the sports type and the sensitive.” she giggled.

I had this hurt look in my face but I was faking it. “What? Why? Punk and the Rock Star type are so cute!” I said all bubbly.

Gena laughed. “If you were wondering why, it’s because I have some friends who know all types of guys and can hook you up.”

I nodded my head. “Oh, that’s cool.” I felt angry; I don’t need help to get a date!

“Oh. I hope you don’t mind me trying to help,” she said in a worried voice.

I shook the anger from me. “No. It’s okay.” I forced a smile.

She cheered. “Yay, I was hoping you wouldn’t. Okay, I have friends who can meet your standards Becka! Don’t worry!”

I shook my head and Sonia was done with my feet. Damn, she was fast! She put them under the same UV light like the one over my hands. I closed my eyes for about seven minutes and then Sonia shook me.

She smiled at me. “You can go now.”

I nodded and got up and slipped on my sandals. “Thanks.” I looked at my nails and the deep shade of blue was amazing, she even put little black flowers on my thumbs/ big toe.

I hugged her. “It looks amazing! Thank you! I think I’m going to start coming here whenever I need something and ask for you!”

She smiled and hugged back. “No problem.”

I saw Gena paying and I quickly ran to her. “What are you doing?”

She looked at me with this look- Zacky told her that I don’t like to mooch and I always pay for
myself, except for the first couple of dates.

“I’m paying?”

I shook my head and got out my wallet. “No, no, no! I’m paying for mine,” I turned to Macy.
“How much was mine?”

“Thirty-five dollars and fifty cents,” she told me with her beady little eyes under her glasses.

I gave her my credit card and said, “Debit.”

Gena rolled her eyes as Macy swiped my card.

“What?” I asked stubbornly as I typed in my code.

“You’re such a dick!”

“What? How am I a ‘dick’?”

She just gave Macy the money for hers and started to the car. I followed her and sat in the passenger’s seat. She started the engine and we were now on the street, driving home.

“Okay, Gena. I hate when people pay for me so don’t be offended! That’s just me! I just don’t like feeling like I’m mooching off someone else.”

She sighed then looked at me with an apologetic smile. “I know Becka. But I don’t know…I just wanted to pay but whatever. It isn’t a big deal,” she chuckled. Now her eyes were fixed on the road. It got quiet again so I figured the subject was dropped but I guess not. “I don’t care what it is, but next time I’m paying!

I just nodded my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Better? I hope(:

comment !