Status: Done.

Give Me A Shot To Remember

Breakup Stories

Jimmy-Pop was here within the hour, thank god. Matt finally quit playing COD but he went to take a shower then came to bother me while I got ready- what a punk!- then he started to look through my stuff because he said my outfit was “too relaxed and home clothes.” All I planned to do was to put on some make up because I don’t care how I look at the bar! I’m not picking up someone for a while now…or unless he is a cute guy who makes a move first, of course!

Matt pulled together a ridiculous outfit! He even found my lingerie! I would so rather be in my “home clothes” then this!

Jimmy came in with Mr. Christ and led him to the couch, which he laid down on and fell asleep rather quickly.

“Matt? Becka, where are you?”

God no, he will never let me live this down.

“We’re in here! I just got done deciding what Becka would wear, come see!”

Jimmy came into the room and sat on the bed.

“Where is she?”

I could see Matt rolling his eyes.

“She’s embarrassed and doesn’t want to come out of the bathroom.”

I looked at myself in the mirror. Three words came to my mind when I saw myself: What a Whore. I was wearing a very short cocktail dress, platforms, jewelry, and tons of makeup! Brings me back to the golden days! Hope you caught my sarcasm.

I stepped out to my small yet impatient crowd. The tall skinny one’s jaw fell open. The one with the cute dimples beamed.

“Why are you embarrassed? You look edible! Matt did a very good job!” Jimmy just stared at me with a big smile; it caused me to feel uncomfortable. Then he winked at me. What a creep! “I mean,” he continued. “We are just going to Johnny’s- or I was planning to go there- but now I think we should go somewhere nice! But then we must stop by my place so I can get all dolled up too.” another wink at my direction.

“I am not dolled up, I look like a whore! Plus, lets just go to Johnny’s I just want to have a couple of drinks and play pool, nothing too fancy. Matt just wanted to make it up to me so he chose this. But I don’t think I can forgive him if I leave here like this.”

Matt rolled his eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out in response.

“Becka, I made you an outfit that everyone who saw you would get pregnant! You gave me your wonderful figure and face to work with and I came up with this!” Matt over exaggerated quite a lot. “Look! I’m pregnant now!” he grabbed a sweater of mine and stuffed it under his shirt. I giggled.

He really sounded gay with his odd speech. The only word I could come up with for that speech is “odd.”

“You guys are ridiculous, you know that?”

Matt shrugged as he sat down and pulled the sweater out from under his shirt.

I looked at myself in the mirror once again and sighed. I just don’t want to go out like this. I’m not in the mood to feel pretty.

“Let’s just go and get this over with. I want to get so hammered I won’t even remember being dressed like this,” I said as I started to walk away.

“Don’t keep her out late! No funny business either,” warned Matt as Jimmy caught up with me and spanked my butt. I jumped.

“We’ll be back at five am and I can do whatever I want with her hammered ass,” Jimmy called back as we left the house.

I rolled my eyes and stepped into his car. He is the strangest person. He got in as well and we started to drive to Johnny’s Bar.

“What happened between you two love birds?”

I tried to keep the tears inside me; I don’t want to smudge my makeup!

“Well, we were doing things…” I paused and looked at him to make sure he understood; he nodded. “Then he asked if I wanted to the dance with no pants, I instantly felt bad; I didn’t want to do what we were doing anymore! Then he got mad and said I was just playing with his feelings so we got into a very heated convo and then I told him I was going to leave. He told me he wasn’t going to stop me. So, I called Matt to pick me up and then he helped me bring my stuff to the car then went to talk to Zack. Matt made Zachary come out and talk to me, it didn’t help at all,” I filled Jimmy in on what happened.

James nodded. “I sort of see where he is coming from and I also see where you’re coming from. I honestly don’t think either of you are right. You two just need to forgive each other for what happened and what was said because you two are such good friends that this shouldn’t end it. Or I will make you two forgive each other,” he said looking me in the eye. “Plus, if you two don’t talk anymore, you have to tell Brian and everyone else what happened.”

He was right. Damn it.

“Well, he can say sorry first,” I said stubbornly.

“As long as it gets done then it doesn’t matter.”

We parked in the parking lot to Johnny’s Bar and walked inside. I took in the scenery and the aroma. It smelt of beer, puke, smoke, and assholes. There was a long bar in the middle of the room, there were tables; some with men and some with woman or both, there were also pool tables and drunken fools.

It was home!

Jimmy ordered two Heinekens and brought it to our table. We just talked and drank. He had two more of the liquor and I had three more. We also had couple of shots of Jack. We played a round of pool and he beat me. I wanted a rematch and he was setting it up when I got a call.

I grabbed my phone from my bra and answered.

“Hello?” I slurred into the phone.

“Becka, where are you?!”

I sobered up a bit. “I’m at Johnny’s Bar with Jimmy.”

He scoffed. “I meant living. I know you aren’t at Zack’s anymore. What happened?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m staying at Matt’s now and I just needed to get out.”

“Well you need to come to Zack’s right now.”

“Brain, I’m not living there and I don’t care to go over there right now.”

Jimmy stopped what he was doing and looked up. He walked over to me and leaned on the table while looking at me; he sobered up a little as well.

“Gena dumped Zack. You should get here as soon as you can,” he said before hanging up.

My eyes widened and I robotically put my phone back where I got it.

“What’s wrong?” asked a worried James.

“Gena…she broke up with Zack,” I said stunned.

Jimmy quickly sobered up. “We need to get there.”

I nodded and we turned to leave when a man came up to me.

“Hey, sexy, where do you think you’re going so fast?”

I was in no mood to be flirted with.

“Excuse me, I was just about to leave,” I said politely as I pushed past him.

He grabbed me wrist. “Come and hang with me and my friends. We were hoping to find some nice ass like you.”

This man did not look or smell wasted. So he’s naturally a dick.

“I don’t want to.”

He tightened his grip. “I wasn’t asking.”

His friends were hooting and hollering.

Jimmy stepped in and shoved him. “She isn’t interested. She’s got somewhere to be and it isn’t with you.”

The man let go with me and looked up at Jimmy. This creep has short blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing dark jeans and a white wife beater; a douchebag. He wasn’t that attractive either.

“Don’t get into this,” he warned Jimmy as he poked Jimmy’s chest with every word.

“Let’s just go,” I said as I grabbed James’s hand and started to walk away with him following.

The man let us go but he had to say something. “Hey, don’t forget to come back here, you fine piece of ass.”

I rolled my eyes. When you’re a stripper you get used to the rude comments the men say and learn to ignore it. You also learn to get used to the stares they give you.

Jimmy-Pop and I went to his car and stepped in.

“That guy was such a douche! Who does he think he is to talk to a woman like that?”

We left the parking lot as he spoke. I shrugged.

“Forget it, it’s over with. James, I was a stripper so I’m used to stuff like that.”

“Well, I’m not! I don’t like how he was talking to you. You deserve some respect.”

I nodded. “Let’s just get to Zack’s without worrying about it. It isn’t that big of a deal.”

Jimmy nodded and the rest of the time in the car was quiet. We rolled up on Zack’s driveway and as soon as the car was stopped I jumped out of the car. I ran to the door, I took off my heels in the car and left them there, I opened it with my key that I hadn’t returned yet. I looked around and went straight for the kitchen; Brian was sitting at the table rubbing his temples. He will get gray hair with all this stress.

“Where is he?” he looked up at me.

“Upstairs, locked in his room. He’s not talking; he won’t even open the damn door. I’ve been trying since I got here.”

I looked at him, expressionless. “Then how did you know?”

“I came to visit you and I caught up with Gena on my way in. She had boxes and I asked what happened. All she told me was that she broke up with Zack and was leaving. I didn’t ask and went straight upstairs and he wouldn’t open up. She just got little stuff and then finally went. That’s when I called you.”

I sat down next to him and stared at him with disbelief.

“Where were you? Why is all your stuff gone?”

“I was at Johnny’s Bar with Jimmy Pop, let’s talk about it later. We should worry about Zacky right now. I’ll tell you later.”

Brian nodded as Jimmy just came in the kitchen. “He wouldn’t open up for me.”

“Maybe you should try,” suggested Brian.

I nodded and started to Zack’s room. I was at his door before I knew it.

I knocked on it. “Zachary, open this door right now. No one is with me; we can just talk by ourselves. I know I’m not on your high list of people right now but you need to open this door.”

I heard footsteps toward the door and it sounded like he just sat by the door; back to it.

“Please, Zacky? I mean, I care and I want to know what happened. I want to be sure you are ok and how you’re dealing with this all,” I tried. Nothing, so I tried a new approach. “Zachary, I’m sorry about what happened and what I said. I didn’t mean to make you feel that way. You have to know that wasn’t my intention. I just didn’t feel right, I felt right while doing it but when I heard you say it…it just hit me.”

The door swung open and I was attacked with a giant hug. I hugged Zacky back and he cried in my shoulder. I shushed him and patted his back.

He let go of me and walked into his room and left it open for me. I followed him and he was sitting in the middle of his floor, crying. I closed and locked the door and sat next to him. I put my arms over his shoulder and let him cry his feelings out.

Once he wasn’t crying as much, I spoke to him, “What happened?”

He took a deep breath in. “She broke up with me.”

“Why?”

“She said she knew I wasn’t committed to the relationship. Not as much as her and she was tired of putting so much energy into the relationship while I barely put any in. Gena said she knew I still had feelings for you and she isn’t mad at you. She still hopes to be your friend, and mine.”

This sort of shocked me. I wasn’t friends with my ex-boyfriends- except for Zacky. I don’t even understand why she would want to be friends with me still, especially if I was dating Zack; her former boyfriend. It’ll be like sloppy seconds, well technically she had my sloppy seconds and this would be my second time with Zack if we got together. Now I’m babbling and not focusing on Zack!

“But you said you were thinking about breaking it off with her? Why are you so upset?”

“It hurts just about everyone when you get broken up with. I mean, yeah I was thinking about breaking up with her but it hurts that she had to make me open my eyes of how much of a douche bag I was to her. I never really did listen to her when she complained or was yelling at me, especially when you got here. When I kissed her I was thinking I was kissing you, until I opened my eyes. She had to sit there and deal with me being a dick for a long time.

“I still have feelings for Gena! I mean, I love her but in a different way than how I love you. She was one of the first people who I actually loved in a more intimate way and when she first cheated on me, it killed me. I still loved her so I went back with her and she did it again, I was more angry at myself then her! I was being dumb and let her hurt me again but I went back with her for a final try and I was the one who ended up cheating. She knew and broke up with me. That hurts, I know how it is to be the one that was cheated on and let me tell you, it sucks donkey balls.” Zacky took in a deep breathe.

I took it all in. He was right; he was devastated when he found out she cheated and yet he cheated on her! Worst of all, I was the one he was cheating on her with. That was eating me raw.

“Zack, all you need right now is to let it out. It’s cheesy and corny advice but it’s true and it’s what you need to do. Just take a couple days to cry and then do things to preoccupy your mind. I’m going to move in here again to be here for you, ok?”

He chucked as he cried. “I was going to ask you that.”

It made me feel ten times better that he wanted me here as well.

I stayed in his room holding him for the next hour. Then he stopped and started to chuckle and cough. I was confused. I know that some people cough after crying for a long time but I didn’t understand why he was laughing.

“Why the hell are you laughing?”

He looked up at me. “One door closes so another may open,” he said as he stood up and held his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me up.

“And what may that door that is open have inside?” I asked curiously.

“You,” he said as he grabbed me by the hips and pulled me in for a kiss. Someone seems better now.

I kissed back until there was a knock on the door. “Hey, Zack, can you come out and talk to us?”

I looked at him for his approval. He nodded. I told Jimmy that we’d be out in a minute. He walked back downstairs.

Zack checked out what I was wearing. His smile grew in size. “What are you wearing?”

I looked down at myself and shook my head. “Matt picked this outfit for me. We didn’t go anywhere special, just Johnny’s Bar. Some asshole tried picking me up though, on my way out the door to come here actually. Jimmy got pissed and it was an almost fight, but I stopped it,” I rambled.

Zacky looked at me. “Well, I don’t blame him for trying to pick you up. I know I would. But he shouldn’t be picking up a taken lady.”

Fuck, I knew what he was implying; he wanted us to be together since Gena was out of the way. Yeah, I would like to date Zack but it’s not the right time.

“I’m single, Zack.”

He shook his head. “No, you are not. We can date now and that’s what we’re going to do.”

“Zack, I would like to date you but you still have feelings for Gena. You even said it! I don’t want to date someone who still has feelings for their ex! Give it some time and then we can talk about it. You need time to get over her, I don’t want to be a rebound because soon you will be thinking, “She was the reason we broke up.” And then it will ruin the relationship and the friendship.” I sighed. “Just take your time to get over her.”

He nodded. “You’re right; hopefully you won’t be with someone when I’m over her. So that means no more kissing?” he sounded disappointed.

I chuckled. “Why not one more time, as if to say goodbye,” I suggested, nervously.

He smiled and grabbed my face with his right hand and pressed his lips against mine. It was pretty intense; I mean there was some tongue in it. I was smiling a shit eating grin while we kissed and so was he. His snakebites were pressed against my lips and it felt good. I moved my hands up his torso and I imagined his tattoos underneath. His left hand moved its way to my butt and he grabbed it.

We pulled away and just stared at each other. I was panting, just a little. I couldn’t help myself, it was good we stopped otherwise I have a feeling that we’d be on the bed very soon.

“Sure you want to stop?” he asked, mockingly.

I chuckled and nodded.

“Positive?” he sure is persistent.

“I am one hundred percent positive,” I answered as I walked to the door and opened it. He followed as I walked down the stairs and then the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Good chapter? I liked this one! It is on the longer side as well! Please give me some feedback! I love to know what you like and dislike!
That being said, there are only about 2-3 chapters left of this story! SADNESS! I loved writing for this story, it was one of my favorites! I'm proud of it, it got some good attention! I think I will write a sequel but I need some opinions!