Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Obsessed

Sixteen

Matt smiled over at Star who was hugging her bear closely to her chest. The radio was playing the HIM cover of Blue Oyster Cult’s ‘Don’t Fear The Reaper’. He could faintly hear Star humming along to the song, which put a dimpled smile on Matt’s face.

“What would you like to do after dinner?” Matt asked after a few minutes.

Star shrugged not saying anything while she continued to softly hum.

“How about I stop at the movie store and we’ll get something to watch. Sound good?” He asked glancing over at her.

She nodded, “Okay.”

Star thought about what Amy had said. She had to pretend to fall in love with him. Amy said that it might take until June which was three months from now.

“Here we are.” Matt spoke taking her out of her thoughts as he pulled into the parking lot.

As he put the car into park Star sat up a bit and turned towards him, “Can I tell you something?”

Matt pulled the keys from the ignition and nodded, “Of course.”

“You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.” Star smiled softly and reached out to put her hand on his cheek.

He smiled which made her smile, “and you have adorable dimples.”

Matt leaned towards Star, cupping both of her cheeks with his hands so she couldn’t turn her head away. Quickly he separated the space between their lips. Star quickly responded, moving her lips against his. They both felt a spark shoot through their system like they had just stuck a fork in a light socket but in the best way possible.

“Wow.” Star let out a breath once Matt pulled away.

He smiled and placed a small kiss on her lips before getting out and walking around the car to open her side up. Matt held out her hand for her to take, which she did. Star didn’t quite know why she had just felt that spark. She had never felt that when she was with Alex. The whole time she was with him, Star never felt a spark like she just had with Matt.

“Where’s everyone?” She asked looking around to see that the rest weren’t there.

Matt pulled out his phone and smiled in his head, “There must have been something sharp in the driveway, one of the tires on the BMW popped.”

Star went to get back in the car but Matt pulled her back, “Hey, let’s not waste this dinner. I mean there’s food at the house for them, and we’re already here.”

Star wanted to argue about going back but she remembered Amy’s words and nodded, “Sure.”

Matt breathed a sigh of relief when she agreed, “Shall we?”

Star smiled and shut the car door before walking towards the door with Matt, she left the bear in the car which made her nervous. When she had bear she always felt less nervous. Quickly she reached forward and grabbed Matt’s large hand. He gave he a surprised look but didn’t pull away.

“Sorry.” Star went to pull her hand back, but Matt just smiled and held onto it firmly.

“It’s fine, you can hold my hand.” He chuckled opening the door for her.

Star didn’t have to be told twice, she quickly held onto his hand just like she used to do to Alex. But instead of Matt letting go of her hand like Alex used to do, he held onto hers. She didn’t pay much attention as Matt paid. Star followed Matt closely so she wouldn’t lose him in the crowds of people in the building. Matt stacked his plate pretty high while Star just got salad, pizza, and a two chicken legs.

“You look really pretty.” Matt smiled.

Star blushed a bit, “Thank you.”

They both ate and shared a basically normal conversation, making it seem like they were a legitimate couple. After dinner Matt and Star held hands as they walked along the boardwalk near by, forgetting all about going to get a movie they talked and looked at the stars occasionally sharing a kiss or two.