Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

We've Proven Our Love Over Time So Strong.

Riverwalk

Warning: Mild Sexual Content


I nearly slept soundly through the whole night, but woke up once, freaking out slightly when I didn't recognize where I was. I blinked through the darkness, then remembered where I was, and who I was with. With a smile, I turned to look at Brian. His topless sleeping form rested so comfortably. I scooted closer to him to where I could curl up against his side trying to not disturb him. The movement did unfortunately, and he woke up, looking right at me.

“Hey, gorgeous,” he whispered.

“Sorry I woke you,” I said back.

“It's fine. C'mere.” He held his arms in a welcoming manner, to which I scooted closer to his body. His arms snaked around my waist as I rested my head against his bare chest. “I probably couldn't ask for a better way to spend this night,” he said, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

I continued to wear a smile, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. A feeling of comfort washed over me for the first time in a few months. “Me neither. I love you, baby.”

“I love you too.” His fingers stroked my hair, causing me to fall right back into a deep sleep.

Light filtered through my eyelids, waking me up. Still wrapped up in Brian's arms, I felt his breath against my neck with every breath he took in his sleep. I was a little upset that day had broken, meaning our time would be cut shorter. I didn't want this moment to disappear. I just wanted it to be frozen. For a while I was trying to fall back to sleep, but I couldn't. As much as I didn't want to disturb Brian, I didn't want us sleeping all day. I turned over in his arms to face him, startled to notice that he was staring at me, smiling.

“How long have you been awake?” I asked.

“For a while, I didn't know you were awake, and didn't wanna move and wake you up.”

“Ah. Well, good morning,” I smiled.

“I almost thought I was dreaming when I woke up next to you, but I'm glad it s real, even if it was for one night.”

“Yeah. So what are we going to do today?”

“Well, there's sex, the Riverwalk, more sex, and...yeah.” He grinned.

“Let's try for that whole list. I don't have to be back till around eleven tonight, and you have the room till tomorrow right?”

“Yep. So where do we start?” he asked as he pulled me tightly against his body.

“Hmm, maybe here,” I said with a grin as I touched my lips to his.

As we kissed, I trailed my free hand down his body slowly until I touched the rim of his boxers. I slipped my hand under the thin fabric, taking him into my hand, massaging him into arousal. He returned the favor to me, hooking my free leg over his body to allow him better access. His fingers rubbed against my clit, causing me to groan into the kiss. It didn't take us long to both be ready. He laid on his back, reaching for the protection on the nightstand as I sat up and pulled his boxers off. He rolled the protection over his length before I straddled him, gently easing down on top of him, slowly letting him fill me. He held my hips as I grabbed the headboard for leverage as I began to ride him. It didn't take long to build up a quick pace, and also for both of us to begin nearing climax. Every time I neared my climax with him, it was like fireworks going off inside of me. Something that hadn't happened with the exes I had.

Brian gripped my sides as I arched backwards, grinding my hips against his. I groaned towards the ceiling with each thrust. I hit the 4th of July firework display climax, letting out a deep groan from my stomach. “God...fuck...” I said breathlessly. A few thrusts later, Brian hit his climax, and I leaned over to rest my head against his chest, still straddling him.

“Damn, babe. For a morning quickie, you got into that,” he said, laughing a bit.

“Something I just can't explain. Every time with you just gives me something I've never felt before.” I smiled.

“Well I hope that's a good thing.” He rubbed my back.

“A very good thing.” I sat up and looked down at him. “So, Riverwalk? It's a nice place.”

“I kinda can't get up right now,” he said with a grin.

I giggled as I moved to let him up. Both of us got dressed before we called a taxi and headed out. Another steamy August day in Texas, but we wouldn't let the heat phase us. We walked around, hand-in-hand though it was more like me hanging off his arm. It was a nice relaxing day for us, being able to enjoy each other s company, and bask in the glory that I was able to see him. We walked the path a few times, along with the mall to cool off, eat, and shop. Time was flying by, and I knew that Brian was watching me glance at my watch often.

“Baby, you okay?” he asked.

“I'm fine. Just knowing that I have to go back soon, and away from you.” I hung my head as I stopped walking and leaned against a wall.

He wrapped his arms around me, pressing his lips against my forehead. “I know, baby. I know. We just need to get through these times now, and soon enough, we'll be able to live together. I know that one day soon you'll not have to live on a base, and we can have our own place, where we can sleep together every night.”

I fought back tears as I hugged his waist. “You're right. It's just gonna be bad when I deploy, or if you have to tour.”

“Just don't think about it right now. Let's think about what we have going at this moment, and we'll make it through.”

We held each other for a few minutes while I regained my composure. I almost couldn't contain the tears when he began to sing softly. A lyric I highly recognized, and adored. One that was now going to permanently burn itself into my head. Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away.

“You good?” he asked after a few minutes.

“Yeah.”

“You wanna go back to the hotel for a little bit? Or walk around some more?”

I glanced at my watch again, noticing it was nearing six. “We have time to go back for a bit. I'd like to shower before going back to base.”

“Shower eh?” His eyebrows wiggled. “Like the one we had last night?”

I laughed. “We could.”

Back at the hotel, I instantly went for a shower. It didn't take long for Brian to join me, and for things to once again get heated between us. After our shower, we laid in bed and watched TV. He had an alarm set just in case I fell asleep. I knew I wouldn't because my mind was racing. After a movie and a half, it was closing in on ten, and I knew I had to be heading back. I buried my face in his chest.

“I don t wanna go back.”

“I know, but you have to. Wouldn't want you to mess up your career.”

I sighed. “Yeah I know.” I got up to gather my things, pack my backpack, and make sure I had everything. I called a taxi before walking out with Brian. “Well, I guess this is goodbye for now...again,” I said as I swallowed a lump in my throat.

He grabbed me in his arms, holding on tightly. “I can come your next free weekend you know. It's not like I'm hurting for money at all.”

“We'll play it by ear and see I guess.” I returned the hug, holding him tightly as well.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the taxi pull up, and Brian sighed. “I love you, Lisa. I love you so fucking much, and I never want you to forget that,” he whispered.

A few tears fell from my eyes. “I love you too. Have a safe flight tomorrow and let me know when you make it back.” I managed to pull myself from the hug and get in the taxi, looking at Brian in the rearview mirror as the driver pulled away.

It was a silent ride back to base, and when I arrived back, I went to let the people on watch know before going to change into my uniform for muster. As I sat outside waiting for the time to come, I called Brian to let him know I was back okay, and to talk for a while. Hearing his voice always put my mind at ease, and I was glad to be able to do so. I saw my friend Joe coming over to me, so I decided to let Brian go so he could go to sleep.

“Hey, buddy,” I said as he sat next to me.

“Sup? You look upset.”

“I'm still getting used to adjusting, that's all. As well as trying to get used to being away from my family, and my boyfriend. Some days I just wanna give up completely so I can go back home and be with him.”

“Don't do that. You're here for a reason, and if it's meant to be, then everything will fall into place.”

“But going to Bahrain? Overseas? It's gonna be horrible.”

“It will be, but think of it this way. I'll be there too, along with half of our class, so it won't be that bad. Anybody who has a boyfriend or a girlfriend is going to have a hard time with it. I know I will.”

“And since when did you have a girlfriend?” I arched an eyebrow at him.

“I've had one, and I just found out that I'm gonna be a daddy.”

“Oh really? Congrats!” I smiled, though inside felt a pang of jealousy. It was always a dream of mine to start my family, and I couldn't wait till that time came.

“Thanks, and cheer up.”

I hung my head again. “I'll try. The bad part is that we fell hard for each other, and I only met him a month before I went to boot.” I hung my head again. “We haven't spent a lot of time together, and that's what's making it so hard. I'm considering dropping out so I can try to get stateside orders.”

“Well I can only sit here and tell you to do what you want to do. I can't beg you to not drop out or anything. I would love for you to be with me in Bahrain, so I know I have at least one best friend out there.”

“I'm still thinking about it, and probably gonna talk to an instructor here or a chaplain.”

“Well, I hope everything goes okay for you and that you make the decision that works. So whatcha gonna be up to tomorrow, on a wonderful duty day?”

“You said duty.” I snickered. “Not much obviously. What is there for us to do?”

“Sing Backstreet Boys songs out here for everybody.”

I laughed, because it was something we had done. A few other people, him, and myself were out at the mall one day, and walked around singing songs from the boy band. He even went so far as to buy the CD, and we played it in the outside lounge area, singing along.

“Sounds like a fun time,” I said. “Count me in.”

We talked for a bit more and after our muster, I went right to bed, laying in deep thought about what I wanted to do as far as my future until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Funny side note: the guy Joe, he is a real person, and when I was in Texas, he and I really did sing Backstreet Boys songs outside. And for those who might not know a Chaplain is essentially like a counselor. They also specialize in different types of religion as well, and are one of those people you can go talk to if you're having a tough time in the military.

Big thanks to Hachie and HouseOfWolves for your comments. <3

Also one more thing to add: I've started a new job, working full-time and possibly a lot of overtime, so I may not have a lot of time to get to writing, please though don't take that as me killing my stories. I love you guys.

One last thing: I posted two new smutty one-shots last weekend, and if you haven't read them yet and would like to, check out Just Friends? and Traffic Stop

Much love you guys. <3