Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.02

"Find a boyfriend," I chuckled lowly as I walked with him up the gravel stepping stones to the large two story gray and white house, it was beautiful. It was an Old Victorian style with those big white round things holding up a large white picket balcony up top.

Once Mr. Alpines and I walked half a mile it seemed across the gravel stepping stones, we found ourselves walking up the steps of the great white Victorian styled porch, long and wide it had rocking chairs, lounge chairs, tables and a swing at the end for cool summer nights. Mr. Alpines reached the stained glass door before I did and rang the bell by pushing a button next to the door knob. "Smile," Mr. Alpines reminded me.

"Oh come on," I whispered jokingly as I rolled my eyes to his request, he grinned childishly as he stepped back and waited for the door to open. I took my time admiring the view with my back to the door. "This place is pretty nice, do they have horses?" I started to get excited as I noticed a dark brown mare in the fenced in pasture on the left hand side of the house.

"Yes, plenty actually," it wasn't Mr. Alpines that answered my question, but a young deep toned voice, no doubt it wasn't Mr. Alpines quiet, kindly voice. "That mare is Abigail, she's my wives horse."

"She's beautiful," I complimented as I turned around, expecting to see a large possibly well fed, middle aged man in the doorway, but I was completely off with my guesstimation. "Oh," surprised and slightly frazzled at the young man at the door, he couldn't be a day over twenty eight, black hair with vibrant brown eyes like I had never seen before. His cheekbones where raised to below his eyes, higher than normal, his nose was narrow and long but not ugly long, beautiful model long actually. He had a dip in his chin that added to his appeal, and the roundness of his lips brought out his eyes for some reason, and the fact that he was actually, Hawaiian would be my guess, sky rocketed the hotness factor he was sporting. "Hi?"

"You must be Crimson Thorn," he held out his long tan hand for me to shake, thankfully my motor skills where still intact even though my quit staring, you look like an idiot skills where not. "I’m Raymond Montes."

Raymond…

"Raymond?" I questioned exactly what I was thinking, a bad habit I had picked up from my sister and her bluntness and what I called blondness. "You're a lot," I stopped to find the perfect word for the statement I was making. "Younger than I expected."

"Am I?" he asked as if it was a shock to be called young, if it was everybody in the town of La Fayette, was blind or really stupid. I shocked myself by saying what came out next; I never was one that thought before she spoke, that was not given to me in the gene pool.

"You look like a surfing magazine model," I stopped right as the word model came out my mouth and smiled childishly at the ground. "That was not supposed to come out of my head…"

The laughter of the two men made my face burn with embarrassment, I wasn't at the place I was supposed to live no longer than five minutes and I already made a fool of myself, the only thing I have to say for myself is. Good going Crimson, you aren't only demented but stupid. "Well thank you," Raymond smiled at me and turned to his side to show us inside. "I'll have to remember to buy you something special for that little compliment."

"Do they have that ice cream dots down here?" I questioned as I made hand gestures. "Like chocolate and vanilla? You get them at bowling alleys sometimes?" now I was just making a fool of myself like asking 'where's the cream filling!'

"They have them down here," Raymond nodded to show it was true. "Would like some of them?"

"I wouldn't be extremely upset if you got me some," I grinned slyly. "If that's what you're asking Mr. Montes."

"Please call me Ray, you're going to be my daughter," he stopped suddenly and gazed down at me apologetically. "That is if it's alright with you Crimson."

"We'll see," I shrugged my shoulders helplessly. "You might decide a day in, if it takes that long, that you can't stand me. If you do that, I'm taking the dots when I go," I pointed out and then walked forward past him. "Nice."

"You can take the dots if you go," Raymond smiled as he played along. "But I doubt we'll throw you out, I'm pretty sure that you and Maria will get along just fine."

"Maria," I said slowly as I tapped my hand against my chin as I looked around the interior of the small castle looking homely abode, the winding staircase that started to the left of the door, the open living room connected to the dining room as it looked, the walls where painted a light tan while everything that consisted of furniture, appliances or decoration was either glass, white or breakable. Not a good thing when you have a girl that could fall walking on a straight board. "You're wife! I remember."

"You remember?" Raymond asked slowly as he switched his gaze from my face, which probably wasn't very pleasant to Mr. Alpines aging face. "Right, you told her about us."

"Yes Mr. Montes I filled her in on the car ride to the airport, she knows of you're wife and son."

"Thank you Mr. Alpines," Raymond said calmly as he reached out and clapped the shorter man on the back. "She's in good hands."

"May I talk to you for a moment Mr. Montes?" Mr. Alpines questioned quietly as he cut his eyes towards me, as I pretended to be fascinated with the ceiling mural. "It's about Crimson."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner.

Comment?