Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.09

"Well, when it does you can come and talk to me or Raymond, and I'm sure Jaden would love to help you through it as well," she smiled kindly as she patted my shoulder. "Go eat you're lunch, I'm going to go eat mine in the teachers lounge."

"Alright, bye Maria," I waved as I turned around, Trent was gone. My eyebrows rose as I looked towards the rock wall, they were all gone. "I don't stink," I raised my arm and smelt my arm pit. "Yeah I smell like spring rain, just as I thought."

"And you would be sniffing your under-arm why?" someone asked to my left, I looked over and smirked at the young freshman girl, she had black hair to her mid back, wavy and slightly stringy at parts, she was shorter than me surprisingly and she had bright blue eyes.

"Well, I wanted to make sure I didn't stink, no one likes a smelly person sitting with them. And when I turned to look for my friend and his friends, they were gone and I thought possibly—" I shook my head at my rambling, sticking out my hand I smiled at the girl. "I’m Crimson Thorn, I'm new, what's you're name?"

"Crimson? Cool name," she smiled as she grabbed my hand and shook it firmly. "I'm Jonah Richards, its good to meet you new girl."

"Jonah," I said slowly as I looked at her face. "Sorry, I'm memorizing you're name and face, it’s the only way I'll remember," I shrugged it off and pulled my hand back. "It's nice to meet you too, I like you're name by the way."

"Thank you, you too," she nodded as she pointed to me. "So who have you made friends with already? You said that you went to look for you're friends and they were gone."

"Oh," I said nodding looking away from her confused and curious face as I pointed out to the rock wall. "Jaden Montes and Trent Finner."

"No way," she said with wide eyes, she looked at where I pointed and then back to my face seconds later. "You know them and you just got here? I've been in this town for seven years and I've never said hi to any of them."

"They won't bite," I teased as I started walking inside the school cafeteria with Jonah to my side. "I live with Jaden now, I'm his foster sister I guess you could say, I'm not so comfortable saying that," I sighed. "I'm his roommate, that works," nodding I continued. "And Trent I met because he was eavesdropping on me for Jaden, making sure I didn't embarrass him."

"Why would you embarrass him?"

"Because he calls me a mental patient," I shook my head realizing she wouldn't get it. "I act a little crazy; I think I have a disorder or something because I'm always hyper. Well for the past two days I have been, but I feel a little crazy at times so I act it out and apparently I scare him."

"Don't worry, we all have to be a little crazy to be sane," she said smiling, the frowned. "If you got that, I'd be amazed."

"Oh I got it," I nodded frantically, finally someone who understands my mental capacity and how it works! "You understand, can you be my best friend?"

"Uh," she laughed at my completely random question. "Sure, if you calm down."

"I'll try," I said nodding as I looked ahead of me. "I'm not really that crazy, I don't know why I act like I'm on a sugar high, but I can't seem to stop it though."

"Maybe it's your way of coping, have you been in the foster system long Crimson?" she grinned. "I really like that name, how in the hell did you're parents come up with it?"

"Thorn is my last name, Crimson is based off a red rose and since roses have thorns," I shrugged. "I wasn't the only crazy in my family I assure you," I smirked as we walked through the enter doors to the cafeteria and walked out to the hallway. "I didn't know it but, when my parents died when I was six I was put in the system, I went to my older sister and I've been with her since then until four days ago and I left her because she said she couldn't keep me anymore."

"Why?" Jonah asked as she stopped at a purple locker, she opened it and pulled out a two inch brown book that said 'English Literature' on the side of it.

"I don't know," I honestly didn't know, "When I asked all she explained was that it was better this way, my sister has always been kind of secretive so I knew I couldn't get anything out of her, so I stopped asking," I looked away from Jonah to the empty hallway. "But I was sent to live with the Montes' because they are my godparents and they used to know my parents before I was born, I never had heard of them before or met them, so I just met them yesterday and they all seem like really good people."

"Dr. Montes is a really good man, he runs a financial program for people who don't have insurance, he pays for most of their visits if he can, if not he gets it through the program. And Mrs. Montes is a really good teacher, I really like her ethics because she doesn't just stick you with a book and say 'learn it' and then falls asleep like my English teacher Mr. Avery, annoying old man," she grumbled as she shut her locker door and returned to my left side. "And Jaden is an all-star athlete for La Fayette, good grades, never gets in trouble. Its like the Stepford family, nothing they do is wrong."

"I noticed everything is perfect," I said nervously. "I should have realized it when even the walls were dusted."

"Have you noticed how young they look?" she whispered. "It's not normal I tell you, they have a seventeen year old son. Neither of the Montes adults have wrinkles or gray hairs; it's unbelievable, you're lucky."

"I keep asking Maria what her secret is and damn it she won't share," I pouted my bottom lip. "I'll find out by gosh, I want to be wrinkle free at that age."

"When you do," Jonah whispered leaning into me slightly so only I could hear. "Share."

"Will do buckaroo, what's you're next class," I rolled my eyes. "You're carrying an English book, duh Crimson."

"You're a fast one," Jonah laughed as she shifted her book up so I could see the title. "English Literature, I'm in Mr. Avery’s class."

~*~*~*~

Swinging my legs back and forth, I started bobbing my head side to side. I was getting restless waiting for Jaden to get in his behemoth truck, car…I'll just call it vehicle. So we could go home and I could take a shower, but no. He was taking his precious time getting out of school, who in their right minds stays that long after school? It's been an hour after the bell rang. "You looking for someone Miss?"

"Huh?" I turned to glance over my shoulder at a middle aged, freakishly pale and skinny man with big thick glasses over his caterpillar eyebrows and dark brown eyes, his khaki pants almost to his underarms, barely any of his blue button up shirt showed. "Oh yes, I'm waiting for Jaden Montes, do you know if he's still inside waiting or something?"

"He's on the baseball team Miss?" he asked slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment