Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

IV

Soon enough, was Saturday. Jace's suspension started Monday of next week, so he was determined to have a very full weekend. And apparently that included dragging me along with him.

“Where are we going this time?” I asked tiredly as I climbed into his (fairly new) car. His six-month permit was up, so he could now legally drive.

“We're gonna pick up BB and go to the movies today. Alright with you?” he responded without looking over at me. I frowned slightly, but nodded. “Yeah, sounds fun.”

He nodded, more to himself than me I think, before pulling away from my house and going downtown, where I assumed Bailey lived. “You're gonna sit in the back. Is that alright?” he asked quietly, wincing as if afraid I might refuse. I thought about it.

“No I don't mind. More room for me.” I smiled. He rolled his eyes before turning a corner and pulling up to a small house. “In the back you go.” he sighed. I glared out the window as I got out of the car, pulling the seat back and climbing into the backseat as Jace went up to the house and knocked on the door. Bailey came out with a (rather large) purse, saying something to someone else inside and hugging Jace before heading over to the car. I made sure to stay on the side Bailey would be on to try and draw as little attention as possible, buckling myself in as Bailey sat down. “Hey Willow.” she smiled, turning to see me before watching Jace get in.

“Everyone ready?” Jace asked, rhetorically I think, though Bailey answered anyway. “Yep. Let's go.”

the ride to the theater was mostly silent except for Jace and Bailey talking, too quietly for me to hear though. So I settled for leaning back and looking out the small triangular window next to me, watching the other cars and stores pass by uninterestedly. It wasn't until the car stopped moving that I raised an eyebrow, then glared at the still scenery as Jace chuckled. “C'mon Willow, out of the car.” I turned to see that we had parked, raising an eyebrow again before climbing out and straightening my shirt before following Jace and Bailey inside. “So what movie are we seeing?” I asked. They either ignored me or didn't hear, because they kept going up to the ticket booth. I sighed, following slowly and not paying attention anymore.

I couldn't pinpoint the exact time we had gotten into the theater, let alone when I was even handed a ticket, when I suddenly realized there was a moving screen in front of me. I glanced to the side, seeing Jace and Bailey holding hands and talking quietly, smiling widely. I grimaced, turning back to the movie (I still didn't know the name) and sliding down in my seat, crossing my legs and preparing for what would be a very boring hour.

As predicted, the rest of the movie was quite boring. I had a feeling they only picked it so they could be absorbed in each other and not what was happening on screen. When we got back outside, it was sunset and fairly cooler, making me shiver as I tried to hug myself. Bailey and Jace were still walking close together, hand-in-hand as I walked a distance back. I got in the car slowly, falling into my seat and sighing quietly before buckling.

Jace dropped Bailey off first, though he went up to her door with her, hugging and kissing her before allowing her to go inside. I stayed in the back seat, still shivering when Jace got back in the car and frowned at me. “Hm. Sort of expected you to move up here.” he mumbled.

“Too cold.”

“Oh! Why didn't you say something?” he sighed, turning the heater up and rolling his eyes before driving again. After a few minutes I felt better, curling out of the ball I had formed and sitting normally for the duration of the trip.

“So, how was the movie?”

“Not sure. Didn't really watch it.” ('I was too busy watching you. Sorry.')

“Ah. Next time you'll pick the movie then.”

“... And when exactly is next time?”

“We haven't decided yet.” he replied. Of course, I thought, Bailey would be coming. Why wouldn't she? I still frowned slightly, taking my glasses off and inspecting them for something to do. “I think I might leave you home tomorrow. Take BB out on an official date.” he said, thinking out loud. I rolled my eyes, mimicking him talking and shaking my head as he continued. “Maybe Olive Garden... I don't know. We'll see.”

I sighed loudly, tilting my head. “Do you realize how expensive Olive Garden is?” I asked. He nodded, smiling slightly. “I wanna do something nice for her. Besides, she likes Italian... Olive Garden is Italian, right?”

I smiled to myself, nodding. “Yes Jace, Olive Garden is Italian.” He nodded again, with more finality as he pulled up to my house. “Don't be surprised if I'm on your couch when you get home Monday.” he smiled. I snorted, opening the door to get out. “I better see you doing something productive then, because you're not playing homeless guy in my living room.”

I heard him laugh as I finally got out, closing the door. “Love you too Honey!” he responded loudly, making me shake my head as I walked up to the front door, waiting until he pulled away to go in. I closed the door behind myself and leaned against it, glancing at Mom who was sitting on the couch. “How was the movie?” she asked curiously. I shrugged. “I was too busy being the third wheel.” I sighed, walking over and sitting next to her. She smiled, putting her arm around my shoulders and hugging me. “Oh, Honey, you know how it is. You get a new Girlfriend and you want to spend all your time with her. That's the only thing going through Jace's mind. Don't worry, in a week or so he'll be back to normal.” she said confidently. I snorted back, leaning against her. “If you say so.”

“I know so. Now then, on to more interesting matters.”

“... Yeah?”

“You're failing art. Principal called today.”

I frowned, slumping over and rolling my eyes. “Because I can't see the paper in front of me. I can't wear my glasses! Something about getting paint on them.”

Mom shrugged, letting go of me. “Just thought you'd like to know Hon.” she said. I nodded, sitting up straight and leaning forward on my knees. “I know. Thanks Mom.” I mumbled. She nodded, rubbing my back lightly. “Go to bed Hon, you look dead on your feet.” she smiled. I agreed, going up to the bathroom to brush my teeth and going to bed.

Monday was rather boring without Jace, as Sunday had been. He didn't tell me how his date went (I assumed he would later) and didn't contact me in any way. Not that I honestly expected him too, I mean, it's not me he's dating. That morning though I had come to a realization that I sounded not unlike a pining, hormonal teenager. Oh, hey, wait a minute!

Coming home I all but fell on the couch, sighing and rubbing my face. Mondays took a lot out of a person. I was about to text Mom when I heard a very cheerful “Hi Honey!” in the direction of the kitchen. I gasped, jumping off the couch until I saw Jace's head poking out through the doorway, making me glare at him. “The hell is wrong with you? And what are you doing in my kitchen?” I asked, walking over to where he was, amazingly washing dishes. “You said do something productive.” he shrugged, going back to them as I continued to stare. “Yeah. Of course I did.” I sighed, rolling my eyes as I walked back into the living room, where Jace joined a few minutes later and sat on the couch. “So, how was school?”

“Long. Tiring.” I responded monotonously, leaning against the arm of the couch. Jace frowned, pulling me down so I was sitting on top of him, making me flush slightly as I tried to stand back up. “Jace, let go.”

“Nope, not until I hear some happy, peppy, cheerfulness.” he replied, smiling. I snorted back. “And what is there to be happy, peppy, cheerful about?” I asked. He shrugged for a second before smiling again, looking like he had some great secret to tell. “Jace, out with it.”

“I don't know if you can handle the level of awesome.”

“Jace...”

“Alright, alright, well, to protect your poor, virgin ears-”

“Virgin ears my ass.”

“Poor, Virgin Ears... Let's just say that BB is not a virgin.”

I was about to ask what Bailey's virginity, or lack thereof, had to do with anything when it hit me, seeing Jace still smiling, obviously quite proud of himself.

I felt myself go limp, allowing Jace to pull me back down as he waited eagerly for a response. Of all the ones running through my mind (I'm sure half of which he may have killed me for) I settled for one that was as congratulating to him as it was depressing to me. “Congratulations, I guess?”

His smile dropped as he sighed. “You're not comfortable with it.”

“Why should my comfort matter level? I'm never comfortable with anyone you sleep with.” I murmured. He tilted his head, locking his arms around my waist and nodded. “True. But why?”

Possibly because I love (or at least really really like) you and would prefer you to sleep with me and not those horribly in-proportionate girls?

“Because what if you get like, an STD? Or get someone pregnant?” I said instead, glancing over at him. He smiled again, leaning his head on my shoulder. “You worry too much Will.” he replied, his chin digging into my shoulder and making me lean slightly. I raised an eyebrow, snorting quietly. “Well, one of us has to, don't we?”

“... Asshole.”