Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Lies to the One You Love Most Pt. 2

-Later that Day-

"Mrs. Denise, I'm so sorry," I apologized, probably for about the tenth time that night.

"Madison, honey, I understand. I'm not angry at you. Do you not remember our talk?"

"What talk?" Danielle hissed from the couch, glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh, pulling my coat tighter around me as the clock struck 6 o'clock at night. "Denise and I were talking about something that very well is none of your business, Danielle."

"Did I ask you?" She seethed, venom practically dripping from her voice.

"Girls!" Mrs. Jonas yelled, looking at both Danielle and I. "Is this really the time to be fighting?"

"Yes," Danielle said, pulling her hair into a messy bun.

"That was rhetorical, Danielle," I muttered with a sigh.

"Does it look like I care?"

"I give up," Denise groaned, walking out of the living room and into the kitchen.

Nick walked in with a sigh, slipping his phone into his pocket. "He's not answering."

"Nice job, sherlock. He wouldn't answer my calls, so what makes you think he'll answer yours?"

"Look, if you could just shut up, that'd be great. Thanks, Dani," Nick said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder comfortingly. "Hey, Madison? Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," I said, still slightly irritated, but getting up, anyway, and heading onto the back patio. "What's up, Nick?"

"I told them," He said softly.

"I'm sorry?"

"Madison, I told them," He breathed, looking into my eyes. "And they didn't reject me."

Tears stung my eyes, and I wrapped him into a tight hug, laughing as this was the only good news I'd heard all day. "I'm so happy for you, baby."

"I couldn't have done it without you, Madison," He said, pulling away from the embrace, and kissing my cheek softly.

I blushed, truly flattered, and gave him a small smile. "How'd Mama react?"

"Well, she blinked..and then told me that she had known for a while. Said that she was proud of me for telling her, though."

I smoothed some of his curls back, and kissed his forehead lightly. "I'm so proud of you, Nick."

"Madison?"

"Yeah, Nick?"

"Now that I've told you, get the hell out of here and go find my idiot of a brother, will you?"

I laughed, grabbing his leys as he dropped them in my hand. "Will do. Thanks, Nicholas."

"No problem, princess."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay (:
Winding down..