Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Not a Date

I sighed angrily, wiping any tears that leaked out. I had promised myself 6 years ago that I wouldn't cry over him any longer. And I wouldn't, or at least, I would try to make sure that I didn't. Carmen walked in behind me, looking at me sympathetically. I tore my eyes away from her own; the last thing I needed was someone feeling sorry for me.

The front door slammed as my parents walked in, both looking at me disapprovingly.

"What the hell, Madison? Why would you act like that?!"

"I don't know."

My Dad laughed bitterly, glancing at me. "You don't know, do you?"

"I just didn't want to be around them."

"Around them or Kevin?"

"Both," I muttered, tearing my eyes away from his.

"You need to grow up, Madison. The boy has moved on! Why can't you? Oh, is it because you love him? You don't know what love is, little girl."

"John, stop it."

"Shut up, Kathy."

She looked at him, too shocked to say anything else. Never had he dared say such things to my mother. He was really pissed or really bold. Probably both.

"I want you to go apologize to them now, Madison."

"I don't feel good, Dad. Remember?" I hissed at him, my jaw growing tighter.

"Now," He growled. "Or else."

I swallowed hard, pushing my way past him roughly, and through the front door. I collided with Nick, and wished that I was in a better mood to deal with all of this. I really didn't feel like being around any of the Jonases, but if I had to be around them, I'd be glad to have Nick by my side.

He blushed lightly, backing away from me slightly. His lips curved into a smile, and he scratched the back of his neck. He was either doing it because he was nervous, or because he was somewhat awkward.

"Hey Madison," He said softly.

"Hey Nicholas," I replied in monotone.

"About dinner...," He trailed, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"I'm really sorry about that, Nick. I didn't mean to just get up and leave like that."

"No, I understand why you did it."

"I'm sorry."

He sighed softly before running his thumb over my cheek. "Still, huh?"

"Yeah," I said softly, not meeting his gaze.

"Do you think that we could talk tomorrow or hang out? I mean, like old times?"

"I'd like that, Nick."

"Great," He beamed. "So it's a date."

I blushed, looking away and he collected himself, catching what he said. "Er, not a date. Just friends."

"Right. Just friends."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead before setting off in the direction of his house. I smiled, feeling myself warm up to the idea of having Nick back into my life. I loved Nick, and I knew that if he could start anew, so could I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh...thoughts?