Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Just a Kiss on Your Lips

When I woke up the next morning, I heard parents talking in the kitchen. Of course since I had apologized, Denise and Paul would be over having a cup of coffee like it was nothing out of the ordinary. Though I suppose it wasn't out of the ordinary for our parents to have morning conversations.

Except for the fact that it had been six years. You know, nothing too big.

I closed my eyes, hoping to let sleep consume me once again when I felt something heavy land on my chest. I groaned, letting my eyes open slowly to see a smiling Nick atop of me.

"Hey there sleeping beauty."

"Nicholas Jerry Jonas, get your ass off of me!"

He chuckled, climbing off of me to sit on my floor. I sat up glaring at him before he smiled a crooked grin. I hated when he did that. He always knew how to make someone not be angered with him.

"Someone isn't a morning person."

"Well, I'm sorry if I'm not exactly used to finding people on me when I wake up. And who let you in here?"

"Carmen," He smirked slightly.

"Of course."

"Do you have a problem with me coming in here? Because I can leave.."

"No, it's okay. I just..give me a warning first, okay? We're best friends still, but that was only made official last night. Give me some time to adjust."

"What more do you have to adjust to? I'm in your life, you're in mine. Can't things be that easy?"

I sighed, seeing his point. I do guess that holding a grudge for six years was pointless now, anyway. It was obvious that whether I liked it or not, the Jonases would always be in my life. I smiled at him, throwing the covers off of my body, shivering at the sudden cold. I think I wanted to dive back under my covers again.

"Um..," Nick muttered, shifting his eyes from my face to someone behind me.

"What?" I asked, turning around slowly to see a very much sexy looking Kevin in a gray v-neck and shorts.

"I'm gonna go," Nick said, excusing himself from the obvious awkwardness that hung in the air.

Kevin smiled halfheartedly at me, before I crossed my arms over my chest. I didn't exactly know what I was expecting, just that I thought some kind of apology would be in place. He came into my room before sitting down on the bed, the springs creaking in protest.

"Madi, can you sit down, please?"

I sighed before walking around my bed and sitting down beside him. He reached for my hand, but I moved it away as he did so. He sighed heavily, his eyes boring into mine.

"Madison, I'm really sorry. I know that I was an asshole last night. Nick told me.."

"Nick told you what?"

"I was so blind for all those years, Madison...," He said, turning his gaze to the floor.

"What did he tell you?" I asked, raising my voice at him.

"Madison, why didn't you tell me you loved me?"

My breath caught in my throat as I registered what just left his lips. I ran a hand through my hair, not really knowing how to answer him. I hadn't ever expected this; at least, I didn't expect it to happen this soon.

"I...because it wouldn't have changed anything."

"It would have," He protested, looking at me.

"No, it wouldn't have, Kevin. You love Danielle.."

"I love you, Madison."

"No, I'm pretty sure you love her. If you don't love her, you fooled everyone pretty damn good last night."

He sighed heavily, running a calloused hand through his curls. "Madison, I broke up with her as soon as Nick told me."

"What? Why would you do that? You were happy," I said in protest.

He shook his head, a small smile on his lips. "No, I really wasn't."

"You weren't?" I asked, getting more and more confused.

"No. Well, Danielle and I had good times, but I wasn't truly happy with her."

"Oh," Came my response.

"I know who could make me very happy right now, though," He said, leaning closer to me and letting a smile cross his lips.

"And who might that be?" I asked, my breathing starting to hitch as he neared my lips.

"You tell me," He muttered softly, grabbing my face softly in his hands. I watched his eyes carefully, trying to determine what was going on in his head right about now. He leaned in, brushing his lips against mine tenderly, almost as if he was afraid he'd break me if he wasn't so gentle.

I kissed him back, feeling a jolt sensation rack my body, and smiled as his tongue grazed my bottom lip. I felt lightheaded, almost not being able to believe what was happening.

I heard a ringing sound, and pulled away from the kiss, much to Kevin's dismay.

"Madison, you need to get up. Come on, get up.

I groaned when I realized it was only a dream, and opened my eyes, prepared to yell at whoever it was waking me up. My breath caught in my throat as I looked him over. His hazel eyes looked troubled, and I knew something was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
:D