Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Excellent Gaydar

I guess you could say that my life was changing once again. It'd been about two weeks since Nick had gotten out of the hospital, and I think I about hated the kid. I'd sworn to him not to tell anyone about his "love" life, and I hadn't. He had only told me, and that wasn't the problem. No.

The problem was that his parents would talk about what was morally "right" or "wrong" according to what they believed. And since California had made it legal for same sex marriages, you were guarenteed to hear about what they thought of it. Which, if you've ever met them, isn't too highly.

I had to watch Nick flinch at every term they used to refer to people who liked the same gender. The words were always the same, but I could tell they hurt Nick just the same. A couple of times I'd even have to leave the room because I wanted to punch Mr. and Mrs. Jonas so hard that they'd forget their children were international rockstars.

(Don't ever mistake them for popstars or Joe'd have a bitch fit.) And no, I am not kidding. Though I wish I was..

Anyway, getting back to the whole Nick/Parents/Secret problem. I don't think he even wanted to tell his brothers beause he was afraid of what they'd think. And if he couldn't even tell them, he wouldn't tell Carmen or Frankie. At least now I know why the whole Miley/Selena thing didn't work out.

(Hey, just because I lost contact doesn't mean that I live under a rock.) Funny how you think something can totally rock your world until you actually take time to think about it. After I've thought about it, it all makes comeplete sense now.

"Madison?" Nick's voice rang out, breaking me away from my thoughts.

I sighed softly, turning around to face him. "Yes?"

"Did you not get my texts?"

"No, I got every single one of them."

"Then why didn't you answer?"

"Nick, I love you. I really do, believe me. But can I at least piss without having to answer to you?"

"You took that long to piss?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Yes, Nicholas. It took me an hour to take a piss."

"You must have consumed a lot of water."

Wow. Just wow. You know, for someone who graduated high school with a 4.0, he sure wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. I stood up, brushing past him quickly, feeling his fingers snake around my wrist lightly.

"Madi, wait."

"What, Nicholas?"

He winced at my tone, letting his handd fall to his side. "You know, I was just kidding about the water thing."

My lips curved up, and I had to laugh. "I hope so, Nicky."

He wrapped an arm around my waist, and leaned his head on my shoulder. Which was a sight to see, really. I wasn't short at all, but compared to the Jonas boys, I sure wasn't tall, either. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, and smiled as neither of us realized how much we'd value this later.

"Did you finally ask her out, Nicholas?" Joe teased with a smirk, walking outside and over to us.

We both pulled our arms' away from each other at the same time, and shot Joe a glare. "No!"

He held his hands up in surrender, and raised an eyebrow. "Alright, alright. God, you two are way too uptight. Let loose, have a little fun once in a while."

"I'm not uptight," Nick said with a frown.

"You're right, Nicky. Joe's just jealous that you get all the girls and boys," I said giving Nick a playful wink.

"You just made him sound like a pedophile and gay," Joe said with a shiver.

"Jealous?" I asked with a smirk.

"Totally," He muttered with an eyeroll.

"Can you give Nick and I some alone time?"

"Oohh...You two are together then, aren't you?"

"What? No! It's not like that."

"Sure it isn't. Just admit that you love him."

"I love him, but not in that way, Joseph Anthony!"

"Sure you don't."

"She doesn't love me, Joe. Nor do I love her. Okay? We just aren't into each other that way."

"Oh," Came Joe's response with a frown. "Why not?"

"I prefer different eqipment," Nick said with a smirk.

I laughed loudly, not even caring about Joe finding out. He wouldn't figure it out, anyway. He wasn't that bright when it comes to things like this. Joe raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side meaning he was clearly confused. Poor little Joey.

"What does that mean?!" He shouted to Nick and I's backs after we had walked away from him to start inside.

"I'll tell you when you're older!"

"What the-?" Joe's colorful sentence was cut off by Nick shutting the screen door. I settled into Nick's lap, and grinned at him. He would never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :D