Status: Story in progress

Gravity Don't Mean Too Much to Me

Blind Folded Make Overs.

Bandit sat in the back of Frank's car feeling extremely hyper. She loved spending time with her Uncle, they always had such fun together.

It wasn't that she didn't have fun with her parents, but Frank's definition of fun was slightly different to their's. Whilst her father would give her piggie back rides and would play with her action figures, Frank would bake cakes, let her make ice pops from the snow, let her draw all over his face, which she always found entertaining.

The back of Frank's car was full of all kinds of objects, from comic books to old boxes of pizza. Bandit could have sworn she had seen a walking piece of pepperoni a few minuets ago. Perhaps it was just an ant or something, that seemed likely with the mess back there.

The smell was better however, as there was a small air freshener stuck to each of the windows. The one next to Bandit smelt like strawberries. She smiled.

"Alright back there, sweetheart?" Frank asked, peering into his front mirror.

"I'm fine." Bandit beamed back at him, pulling faces at his mirror. "Frank-"

"That's Uncle Frank to you, young lady." Teased her Uncle.

Bandit laughed. "Uncle Frank, what are going to do today?"

Frank hummed and playfully rubbed his chin, as if he had a beard. "Well, that's entirely up to you, I think. We can do whatever you want, within reason."

Bandit pouted. "So no flying to the moon?"

Her Uncle chuckled. "Sorry. When I pass my rocket driver's test I'll take you to the moon as many times as you like. Okay?"

"Okay." Bandit considered what she wanted to do today. They had made cakes the last time she had visited, so she wanted to do something different. After she had thought for a few moments, she came up with an idea.

"Can we do a blind folded make over?"

Frank looked terrified at the idea. "Well, there's a new idea. I didn't know you were such a girl."

Bandit poked her tounge out. "I'm still just as strong as you, Fun Ghoul. You'll see."

Her Uncle raised his eyebrows. "Oh will we?"

Just at that moment they pulled up outside his house. Bandit grinned at the familiar sight and scrambled to undo her seatbelt. From the corner of her eye, Bandit saw Frank burst into a fit of giggles.

She closed the car door as Frank locked it, and she ran to his side and held his hand. Once at the front door, they hadn't even knocked before the door whizzed open.

Frank beamed as Cherry and Lily ran out towards him, with grins just as wide as his mirrored in their faces. He hugged them briefly and then gently set them back down, and they ran back the way they had come.

"I'm back!" Called her Uncle, and Bandit stepped through the door.

She could immediately smell something delicious, and she could hear the faint clatter of dishes from the kitchen. A very heated looking Jamia came into few a couple of seconds later. She looked flushed and stressed but grinned when she spotted Bandit.

"Bandit, honey!"

"Aunt JamJam!" Squealed Bandit, rushing to hug her.

"Woah, woah! Watch it kiddo, hot food." Jamia gestured at the plate in her hand, and then slowly placed it onto the kitchen counter. "Okay, the hugging may begin."

Bandit giggled and hugged her. She felt just as hot as she looked.

"Hey, baby." Crooned Frank, placing a kiss on Jamia's lips.

Bandit made a puking gesture and they all laughed. Her Uncle gave her Aunt one more quick kiss before she returned to the kitchen. Bandit followed her Uncle into the living room and sat down on the comfortable leather couch. She sighed and closed her eyes, enjoying the comfort.

Frank sat down next to her and reached for the remote to the TV. Although, when he had turned it on he paused it and turned to look at Bandit, crossing his legs. She felt a little shy as he gazed at her.

He cleared his throat. He hesitated. He looked... Nervous.

"So, I hope that bitch of a girl has left you alone now?"

Bandit gasped and playfully smacked his arm. "No swearing!" He tried to smile, but it looked more like a grimace. Bandit stuttered as she saw his reaction. "She hasn't.. She's left me alone now. I think you scared her off."

She waited for Frank to laugh or smile, but instead he sighed. "That's good. I'd hate to see anyone taking advantage of you. You'll always tell me if anyone or anything is bothered you, won't you?"

She nodded.

"Good, good." He rubbed his temples. "So, I take it your mom and dad explained to you where they were going today."

He phrased the sentence as a question, and she wasn't sure if she should answer. He nodded at her to answer, a tiny grin on his face. "Yeah, they said they were going to a.. pregnancy scan."

He smiled. "That they are. And do you know what that is?"

Bandit felt embarrassed that he would ask such a question. Of course she did. She nodded.

"That's a relief." Frank let out a breath. "And.. "

"And...?"

"And you know... Everything you need to know, don't you?"

Bandit was confused. "About what?"

Bandit could have sworn her Uncle was blushing. "Well, Jamia is always around if you need to talk. She has. . Things ready for you when you stay round. I'd rather not go into details, but you'll understand if you need them." He relaxed. "That wasn't that hard. Your Aunt can be very persuasive when she wants to be."

Bandit still didn't understand what he meant, but she didn't want to make him or her feel anymore uncomfortable. "Are we going to put make up on you then?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

"Of course. Don't tell Jamia, but we'll use her's." He winked, and they tiptoed upstairs to find her make up.

The constant tapping of fingernails on clipboards. The coughing from the man on the opposite side of the room. The crying baby in it's stroller with it's mother gently hushing them back to sleep. Lyndsey could honestly say she'd rather be anywhere else but there.

The minuets seemed to drag by as she waited for the nurse to call her through. Gerard kept sending sideway glances her way, squeezing her hand every now and then to let her know everything was going to be okay. She had a torn issue of some kind of fashion magazine that dated back to three years ago on her lap, which she had only picked up to fill the awkward silence. It hadn't worked.

The women on these front covers looked so fake it was unbelievable. They had perfectly long eyelashes that curled in just the right way, a tan that always looked orange no matter how little foundation they wore, and hair that didn't stray at all. Yes, Lyndsey could honestly say she'd rather be anywhere else but there.

A faint buzzing sound almost made her jump, and a female voice echoed so much Lyndsey barely made out her name being called. Gerard smiled reassuringly and took her hand as they finally left the room.

A young blonde woman had then led them to the doctor's room, the same doctor they had used since they had married. His name was Doctor Kyle C Blake, and he had been a family friend of the Way's from some years. They trusted him completely, he would never tell anyone of her pregnancies if tempted by paparazzi.

The blond nurse tried to make conversation with them as she walked them down the hall, but Lyndsey just smiled whilst Gerard did the talking. She was too nervous to make small chat.

The nurse opened the door and said something to Doctor Blake, and then left them to it. The appointment had started off well, with a few simple questions that didn't seem too overly personal, but then he had told Lyndsey to lie down on the bed and stay calm whilst he did the ultrasound.

This has been the moment she had been waiting for. Whatever happened now, she couldn't turn back.

"If you'd just role up your top for me slightly, so that I can take a look." Doctor Blake smiled as she nervously did as instructed. He was a kind man, with now greying hair, and he was always very lovely to have around. Nevertheless she still couldn't shake the butterflies in her stomach.

He squirted the gell onto her stomach and she flinched from the sudden coldness. He laughed and told her that almost all the patients he had reacted that way no matter how many times they had it done.

"Ahh. Everything looks perfectly normal here." He hummed, turning the screen towards her so that she could see it.

Lyndsey gasped. She could see them. Her son or daughter was there, lying innocently inside her. He or she was only tiny, it was as she had expected as she was barely into the pregnancy, but Lyndsey adored the sight anyway. He or she looked so small it was hard to believe that his could be her son or daughter in just a few months, she couldn't imagine loving anyone else as much as she lived Bandit and Gerard.

She turned to reach for Gerard's hand and saw that he had a gleam in his eye, and she remembered seeing that gleam only twice before, when they got married, and when Bandit had been born.

"Would you like to know the sex before or after delivery?" Asked Doctor Blake, and it took them a while to even register his question.

"Oh, we haven't decided yet." Gerard replied, grabbing hold of Lynsey's hand.

"I do recall you deciding to wait last time, am I correct? My memory is not what it once was."

"Yes, yes. But we aren't sure if-"

"-I think we should wait." Gerard cut her off, and kissed her on the cheek.

She hesitated to answer. Doctor Blake saw he hesitation and said suddenly; "Oh, you'll have plenty of time to decide. At the moment it's too early on to tell, although I could guess. At any stage in the pregnancy if you change your mind you can always ask and I will tell you. I remember last time, you two could never make your minds up."

Gerard chuckled. "We pestered you so much, one minuet we wanted to know, the next we were telling you not to show us. We won't be as fussy this time."

"I hope not." Laughed Doctor Blake, grabbing a paper towel and handing it to Lyndsey. "There you go, just rub that off gently and then put it in the trash can in the corner of the room if you wouldn't mind."

Lyndsey was shocked at how quickly the appointment had gone. What had she been so worried about?

As she sat back down next to Gerard, she decided she'd ask. "Doctor, do you get many.. Older women in here?"

He raised his eyebrows and Gerard stiffened next to her. "Yes, we do believe it or not. I once had a 51 year old woman come in, two months pregnant. A miracle if you ask me, but it happens sometimes." He paused. "You aren't the oldest pregnant woman you know. You're young, in both scientific terms and appearance."

Lyndsey relaxed. She could have sworn she heard Gerard chuckle next to her.

"If there's nothing else, then you are free to leave."

"When's the next-" Gerard began.

"- two months should do it."

"Thank you." Smiled Gerard, and they left the room. Everything was going to be fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh. My. Gerard.

I haven't updated since Christmas! I'm such a disgrace.

Well, now that exams are over, I'll be writing much more. ^_^

Soooo. Frank and Jamia had a new baby boy, Miles. It was so awesome for all of you that stayed up to wait for his tweet. Twitter got two trends congratulating them and everyone went crazy. :D

But. That makes my story now inaccurate. I was considering adding Miles in but... then I'd have to edit every chapter and... Effort. SO. If any more MCR members decide to have a child, I'm sorry but I can't include them in this story :P

Anyways, enjoy! Sorry I kept you waiting so long! <3