Status: Thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writting it :)

I Dare Not Ask Who's Been Helping You Fall Asleep

We Put the Wreck in Reckless

When we left for the party, I could sense that things between Jack and I were definitely uncomfortable. I didn’t know that the party would make it even worse…

Alex started the car.

It suddenly dawned on me that we were all under the driving age. We weren’t even old enough for our permits yet, but since Alex had nine months until he was sixteen, he was the oldest. I had twelve months and three days until I would be sixteen. Three until I was fifteen. Jack, the baby of the bunch, wouldn’t be fifteen until the summer.

Hopefully, we wouldn’t get caught. My fingers were crossed.

We stopped in front of an unknown house.

“Why are we stopping?” I asked from the backseat. Jack was in the passenger’s.

“We have to pick up everyone.”

“What do you mean everyone?” Clearly, I had missed the memo that we were taking people to the party. If someone had told me I would have told them no. It was one thing to be driving without a license, but to be under aged and driving a car load of teens who would end up drunk later on in the night couldn’t be good.

“How many people are we picking up?” I asked. After all the Honda Civic only had five seats.

“Uh…” Alex though for a minute as he looked through the rear view mirror at me. His eyes glanced back on the road. “There’s the three of us, Lisa, Rian, Kara, Steven, Josh and Sara.”

“Holy crap! That’s nine people!” And I didn’t even now the majority of them. I should probably take the same advice that I had told Alex earlier. I was so consumed with him that I didn’t even know the other people I ate lunch with everyday.

Jack turned around and grinned at me, “That’s okay. You can sit on my lap.”

I punched Alex’s arm. If we weren’t currently parked on the curb Alex would have swerved.

“Ow, what the fuck?”

“You see what you caused?” I said outraged.

Alex chuckled, “How is it my fault that Jack’s a freak?”

“Uh, excuse me the “freak” is sitting right next to you.” Jack pointed out.

Lisa opened the door and we froze.

“Whoa, what’s going on in here?” She asked as she sat down beside me.

Nobody answered. Instead Alex put the car in drive and pulled away from the sidewalk. We arrived at someone else’s house and two people came out. We drove to another and another until as Jack predicted I was sitting in his lap.

“We should probably put the seat belt on.” Jack stated.

“So I can be squished even closer to you. I don’t think so.”

“I was thinking more about safety, but if we get in an accident and you DIE don’t blame me.” He replied with a laugh, leave it to Jack to make a joke of the situation.

“Okay is that everyone?” Alex asked from the only comfortable seat in the entire vehicle.

He eyes glanced from Kara, who was in Rian’s lap, to Lisa who was sitting in the middle back seat in Steven’s lap, to Jack and me, who were next to them. Josh and Sara were sitting in the front seat. We were a hazard to ourselves.

“Yup, that looks like everyone. Let’s go crash a party.”

Once again he pulled away from the curb and we head toward the party.

A green traffic light suddenly flashed to yellow. Alex slammed his foot on the gas so that we made it across the intersection before the light turned red.

I smash into Jack’s body and his arms tightened around me.

I looked up at him thankfully.

“I told you, ‘seat belts’” He sang.

“Jack, just shut up and keep your arms around me.”

I sighed, closed my eyes and leaned my head against his chest. Hopefully, we would get there soon, because I was starting to feel carsick.

We arrived after another ten minutes of terrifying driving thanks to Alex. It felt like forever.

As soon as the car stopped I leaped from the car and breathed in the night air. I felt like I was going to throw up.

“You okay?” I looked up to see Jack standing there waiting for me. Everyone had already gone inside. I looked at the house that the party was taking place at. There was a couple making out on the front lawn.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine.” The sun had set and stars were popping up around us. The door to the house was opened and loud pop music was streaming from the speakers. I took a step toward what could potentially be a disaster. I stopped and grabbed Jack’s hand, “Come on Jack. Let’s get shwasted.”

He grinned and took my hand. “Sounds like a plan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is my baby <3 I love writting it. Sorry that this one is kind of a filler.
But I've started an original if you'd like to read it. It would really mean a lot to me: This Can't Be Healthy

<3
Ps. I really like making banners for stories and such so if you want me to make you one send me a message.