Status: Thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writting it :)

I Dare Not Ask Who's Been Helping You Fall Asleep

A Lesson in Romantics

Before we went to the party, Alex and Jack came over for what Alex referred to as a “lesson in romantics.” At the time I couldn’t understand why I was friends with such dorks, but looking back I’ve realized that they were my life, and I wouldn’t have traded them for the world…

I was staring at my open closet in my bra and underwear trying to decide what to wear tonight. Clothes were strewn everywhere. I could barely see the floor. I had already tried on several outfits, but nothing seemed good enough… good enough to impress Alex, that is.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Then, my hands went back to my hips as I glanced at the clock. I had three hours before the party started and about four until everyone at the party would be completely wasted enough for us to sneak in without confrontation.

I glared at each piece of clothing that lay in front of me. Why couldn’t they be different? More like Jasey’s style.

I shook my head. This was stupid. I took out a pair of black skinny’s and a loose white v-neck that had black, dripping paint on the front. I went to my drawer and pulled out a black jean vest that hugged my body.

I laid the clothes on my bed and decided that it definitely wasn’t a “Jasey” but more me and that’s all I could ask for.

My door slammed open.

Jack had stopped in his tracks and was staring at me with his eyes wide open. Alex ran into him.

“Dude, why the fuck did you stop?” Alex exclaimed into Jack’s back. Then his eyes landed on me, “Holy shit! Are you in your underwear?”

“That’s why you knock before entering a closed door.” I yelled as I tried to cover myself up.

“Yeah, but then we wouldn’t have gotten to see you half naked.” Jack said grinning.

I frowned and my eyebrows furrowed. “Leave. Now.”

“Bu-but we needed your help.” Alex stammered.

“Let me get changed first.” I sighed.

I shut the door on their faces and quickly put on my clothes on case one of them decided to barge in again. Once I was dressed I opened the door slowly to find Alex and Jack sitting with their backs against the wall.

“Dude, did you see her boobs?”

“Shut up Jack.”

“And how her bra criss crossed in the back? Wow, that was hot.”

“Jack! SHUT UP!”

“WHY?”

“Because she’s standing right there!” Alex said pointing to me.

Jack turned his head to look on me. His face was flushed. “Oh…”

“Don’t sweat it.” I said rolling my eyes. “So why are you guys here? I thought we were meeting a Jack’s house.”

Jack grinned, “I stole my mom’s Honda Civic.” He said proudly.

“Who’s driving?”

“Me.” Alex said simply. “I’m oldest.”

“That still doesn’t explain what you guys are doing here.”

“We need your help.”

“Girl help.”

“Oh no, not you too Jack.” It was one thing to help Alex, the boy I liked, but it was a completely different story to help Jack, the boy I couldn’t stand.

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?” Jack pouted and stuck out his bottom lip.

I looked at Alex and he was silently begging me with his eyes.

I sighed and opened my bedroom door. “Alright come on.”

They sat on the edge of my bed and looked up at me.

It was a little uncomfortable, but I tried to shake the nerves off. “What do you guys want to know?”

The looked at me confused, “Uh… anything?” Alex said unsure.

“Everything.” Jack begged.

I put my hand over my eyes and thought for a second, “You guys have to give me something to work with.”

“Well… Alex and I both like a girl who likes someone else.”

“What are you talking about she doesn’t like anyone.” Alex hissed. He couldn’t be talking about Jasey. She had a boyfriend.

“Who doesn’t like anyone?” I said butting in.

Jack and Alex exchanged a look. Jack said something but I couldn’t catch it.

Alex turned to me, “Never mind, forget we said anything.”

“Whatever, you guys are weird.”

“Shut up! We are not!” Jack said bouncing on the bed.

“Are to!”

“Are not!”

“Will you guys quit it? Fuck! Why do you guys always fight?” Alex groaned.

I glared at Jack. “Maybe if Jack wasn’t such a fucking baby I wouldn’t get so annoyed with him.”

“Maybe if you weren’t such a shit-faced brat I wouldn’t have to yell at you all the time!”

Someone knocked on my door. We paused as the door opened revealing my mom.

“Did I hear cussing young lady?”

I looked down at my toes, “Maybe.” I mumbled.

“If I hear another swear word you’ll be grounded for a week.”

“Uh huh.” I said suddenly really interested in my chipping nail polish.

“Oh, who are they?” I looked up to see my mom looking at Jack and Alex.

“Um, they’re just friends, uh, friends from school.”

“Why don’t you ever have friends that are girls? You always have guy friends.” My mom asked with clear disappointment in her voice.

“God, mother I don't know.” I said through gritted teeth remembering my old friends in California and how sick I was of high school drama started by jealous "friends."

It got silent, too quiet. The silence was deafening.

After a long time my mom finally broke the silence. “Well, I should probably let you guys get back to whatever you were doing.” My mom said brightly as if we hadn’t just suffered through an awkward silence.

“What was that about?” Alex asked after my mom closed the door.

“Eck nothing. My mom just probably thinks I’m a lesbian or something.” I lied quickly.

The acted like they didn't register what I had just said. Alex spoke first, “Oh- okay, but I finally figured out what you could help me with.”

I sat down in between Alex and Jack and the bed sank. “I’m listening.”

“We want you to help us score.”

“What?”

“You’ve had sex before right? I mean you always talk like you have.”

“Well… only twice.” I lied again. The truth was I was still a virgin. I mean come on I was only fourteen.

“That’s two times more than us.” Jack said honestly.

“So will you give us advice?” Alex asked with wide eyes.

“Uh, fine, but only because you guys are my friends.”

They engulfed me in a hug and I knew that even though I was lying through my teeth. I could fake it ‘til I made it the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read my new story: Let The Games Begin

Thanks for the comments!
Another chapter is following this :)
<3 Elle