Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Joy

An annoying beeping sound was masked by a huge length of thunder that shook the entire room. But that didn’t make any sense to me, it was the middle of winter. You don’t get thunderstorms in the middle of winter,-at least not in Kentucky…do you?

It scared me actually, the thunder. I don’t like storms. They have always scared me. The beeping didn’t help. What was that annoying sound? Ever so slowly my eyes blinked open. Slowly focusing into a dark hospital room, an open window was showing me the dark gray sky that was flashing brilliantly with blue and yellow lightning, the floor was still rumbling with the thunder. I still didn’t like it.

I sat up-or at least tried to. I only whimpered in pain, not only did my middle scream out in pain but the IV yanked at my arm. I hated it, the pain and the IV. I found my hand moving up to pick up the clear tube, starting to tug at it.

A pair of footsteps walked into the room, catching me. “Hey! Don’t you dare!” Zane voice cried, running to me and pulling my hands away from the IV. Then leaning down to press his warm soft lips to my cold forehead. “You scared me, babe.”

“Zane.” I smiled. Using all I could to pull him to my lips. His chest pressed to mine for a second, making my wince in pain. He instantly pulled away and tucked the blanket around me. “I don’t like storms, how is there a storm?”

He sighed a bit then sat next to me. Leaning an arm over my waist. “Emily, you have been in a coma for two weeks. They transported us from Kentucky to Florida, I said that was where we were heading so they allowed us to transport you there because they actually had better equipment there. They have taken great care of you. They performed surgery to fix your ribs, and they even treated the remaining frostbite. The cops that were trailing my step father got us to the hospital and even got insurance for us. Guess what, they even found my mother. Blamed that on him as well, they found my DNA on her and told me that I didn’t have a choice that it was self defense because I was protecting you. As long as I go to therapy and get back on my depression I am allowed get off without charges for kidnapping you because that was his fault as well. They will even take you home if you like…which I really hope you don’t. You have no charges for running away, because you didn’t. Also, I have a surprise for you.” All of this information was giving me a head rush. Zane is free of charge, so am I. We are going to be fine, we can live together now. Under our own names. We are free. I smiled and stretched up to kiss him again. “Mh, you have the taste of medication on your lips. Before you get your surprise, you have to answer all the questions the cops ask you well you are getting a check up. Is that okay?”

I nodded. “Just as long as you come back to me.” He chuckled then kissed me again. Nodding then pulling away, stroking my hair back. “Hm, I love you.”

“Same here, I love you to.”

(25 minutes later)

The cop pulled out a pad of paper and pulled up a chair. “Okay, did Zane kidnap you?” I found myself unable to lie just because I was so scared of going to jail and ending up inside another cage.

“Yes he did.” I informed. The cop’s eye brows raised then he scribbled that down. “But he told me that his mother made him, that she wanted people for his step father to beat up on. Zane protected me, sir. He has ever since I ended up at his house, I am very thankful to him for that.”

“Do you believe you have Stockholm Syndrome? Do you know what that is, Emily?” He questioned. Looking up at me with a pair of almost black eyes. These eyes paired with his blond hair made him look all the more scary.

“I don’t believe I have that, to be honest I’ve always loved him ever since I met him. I did not grow to love him, believe me I researched that syndrome when I heard about it. I am positive that I do not have that. I love Zane, and I know that is not fake at all.” I explained. This man sounded like he wanted to take me away from Zane, I will never allow that to happen. I also will never allow Zane to go to jail. I care for him way to much. He is everything to me, I have to keep him from being sent to the place he fears the most.

“Very good, you have convinced me. I would also like to know what happened when you were attacked.”

“Zane and I had gotten stuck in the ditch so we were waiting out the storm in the back of the truck, which I will admit we had been staying in until we got down here. Zane had left me in the truck to use the bathroom, that’s when his step father showed up. The man stepped on my rib cage and broke my ribs, and shot me when I tried to get away.” I told him as much as I remembered. Even though it was very hard for me, everything was hazy now.

“Where was Zane during all of this? Could he not hear you?” The cop asked. Flipping his note book closed then standing up. Smirking at me a bit.

“Zane was to far away to reach me in time.” I promised.

He nodded then walked out of the room stopping in the door to nod to someone and allow them in. Who I seen made me want to jump out of bed and slam them in a hug. Tears stared forming in my eyes as Matt wheeled a wheel chair into my hospital room. Smiling at me as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know it seems like this is getting over, but believe me it is far from it :). I can't think of a song for this chapter, can you?