Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Sighting

At the second red light we stopped at, I discovered a familiar black car sitting in a parking lot of a Starbucks. Lucky to us, he wasn't sitting inside of it. I had my doubts that it was actually his car, but Zane said it was. Something about a bag he could see in the passenger seat, he said that his stepfather never went anywhere without this bag.

I shrunk into Zane's side, maybe trying to hide myself from the view of the window. His warm heavy arm draped over my shoulder and tucked me closer. I found that I felt complete safe in his arms. Like we weren't in danger, I would say it was like the good days back in that little shack of a house, but then I'd be lying. I knew that back then I hated the fact that Zane kidnapped me, I was confused to why I loved him, now I was completely happy that he stole me. If he hadn't, we would of never met.

"Em?" He hummed, looking down at me before riding through the light. I glanced up at him, happy that he was hiding his fear so that I felt better. I swear if he would've been freaking out right now, I might have starting having a fit of hysterics. "Honey, if he's at the Starbucks that means he's not out looking for us right now. We have time to get away, please calm down. We're going to be fine, I pro-"

"Zane look out!" I cried.

A white van was speeding out of a McDonald's parking lot, not going to stop, we were right in its path. It T-Boned us, sending us spinning out of control. Well Zane was trying to get the wheel straightened out, I got pinned underneath his arm an was holding on for dear life.

The back of the truck spun into an empty parking lot of a bowling ally that didn't open until noon, and then we slid until we hit a parking stone meant to protect the front of the bowling ally just in case something like this happened. Because that was there we ended up tipping a little bit and coming up on our side. Just by a shred of luck, we didn't flip, we ended up on our side, but at least it wasn't our top.

Since Zane had his seat belt on, he didn't bugged an inch and was only cut on the side of his face where his head must have hit the window when we tipped, or passably when we were hit. But since he had been holding onto me so tightly I found that my shoulder would most likely be bruised, and my head was caught underneath his seat belt as well.

Wincing, I gently pulled it away and looked up at him with terrified eyes. Hoping that the cut was indeed his only injury. But I found his arm was cut pretty bad as well, and his lip was busted. I guess I should be happy that he was still breathing, but he was talking to me when this happened. this is all my fault.

"Zane?" I whimpered, quickly unbuckling myself and stretching a little to make sure he was truly okay. I had to prop myself on the edge of the passenger seat just to make sure that I didn't fall into the broken passenger window.

"Are you okay?" He moaned, unbuckling as well and turning to try and pry open the door. With my surprise it actually opened, I was sure it was going to be pinned shut.He looked back at me with a half smirk on his face. "Oh, your bleeding." He reached over to gently touch my forehead, when He did that I suddenly found that it hurt like hell. But I was going to hide it well, all I really are about is getting out of this truck.

"So are you." I demanded. "Come on, we need to get out." He nodded then pulled me up, helping me out. When I swung my leg over I looked around and found the van upside down in the middle of the road. A bunch of people were rushing to help them, a few were coming to our aid as well.

I hopped down then turned to watch Zane slowly make his way out. When I saw that he was still only half way out I began to worry. Was something wrong? Quickly I rushed over to him and started tugging on his arm to get him to move faster. In every movie I have ever seen with a car crash in it, the car aways sets on fire, or explodes of something. What if it did that and he was still inside?

"I'm fine." He hissed when he got out, but I found him leaning onto me well he walked away from the truck a little bit. I felt worry fill me all over once more.

"No your not." I felt tears fill my eyes and my heart pounded in my ears. "What hurts, Zane? Tell me."

"Its just my side." He hummed. "I'm fine, just a bruise." I ignored him and found myself pulling up his shirt to check and make sure it was just a bruise. On his left side there was a bright red on the outside and already purple on the inside bruise. About the size of a foot ball. He whined in pain and tried to pull away when I gently pressed on it just to make sure it was just a bruise and not a broken rib. When I was sure he was going to be fine, I allowed his shirt to fall back down. "See, I'm going to be fine. How about you? Your ribs don't hurt do they?"

"No." I lied, I knew I was bruised from my seat belt as well, but I was certain that it wasn't because of my old wounds. "I'm fine."

"Are you guys okay!?" A man called who was running up to us. He had terror written all over his face.

"Ya, we're fine!" Zane called back, probably just wanting the people to go away just because he didn't want to talk about it. "You've got to promise me, because if you get hurt again there you're going to have to go back and get yourself fixed again. I don't want to find out that you are bruising."

"It's just from the seat belt, I swear." I promised, hoping that he would just let it go. In that instance sirens started blaring, and one familiar face started running towards us. Both Zane and I froze in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long, do you like the new layout?