Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Escape Route

Zane was just about as shocked as I was, he glanced at me just to make sure I was having the same reaction as he was. Peter just about body slammed Zane in a hug, knocking me out of the way. I stumbled back a few steps. Zane gripped my fingers just to make sure I didn’t stumble back to far, then he hugged back gently. Just making sure that he didn’t hurt himself more when he did it.

Peter suddenly swung me up in his arms and squeezed tightly. To be honest he seemed quite happy to find us. Maybe he saw the crash and he knew it was us, or maybe he knew the his step father was here and we were all in danger.

“Oh my god! I didn’t think you were going to be alive!” He cried, seeming really shaken up. So that answered my question, he did see the crash. I wasn’t surprised that he was so worried about us. “Are you okay? You guys aren’t hurt are you?”

“What are you doing here?” Zane demanded, tugging me closer to him and holding my hand tightly. It was almost like he didn’t trust Peter anymore. Like he thought he was working with his step father. I truly hope he is wrong, I really like Peter.

“I’m here to help, he told me he was looking for you and I told him that you went up to Kentucky, so he’s going to head there hopefully. You should be safe if you came back to my place, I’ve got plane tickets for us to get back up there where you are safe. You can go back to that old house for all I care, but if you stay down here he’s bound to see you before you get to the airport, or where ever you are going. I want you guys to be safe, you are the only family I have left.” Peter begged. I didn’t like his idea, he wants us to go back up into the cold winter air. I’m sure its still winter there, if we left in the end of November after the third first storm of the season. So it should be in the middle of December, Christmas maybe. That would explain all the pretty lights around here. I don’t think I’ve ever see so many Christmas lights in my life, why didn’t I realize them earlier? “Zane, please.”

“We just started a life down here, why would I drag us back to that old place? I can take him.” Zane demanded, looking down at me for a moment. But a part of my agreed with Peter, I know that we would be safer if we go somewhere the his step father already looked. Why would he ever think that we would go to the one place we were running from? Hopefully if we went there we could come up with a great plan.

“Zane, it might be a good idea.” I whispered. Peter seemed pleased that I was siding with him, but I have my reasons. Zane looked down at me, looking kind of annoyed that I liked the idea. But I wasn’t sure if I was right, but I just hope he isn’t mad at me for anything.

“We are going to do this my way, I have no desire to fly on a plane when I knew that he would do anything to get rid of us.” Zane hissed. But I think his true reason, is that he just might be afraid of heights. I wanted to giggle a bit but I held it back. He looked down at me once more then smirked.

“Are you afraid of heights?” I smirked. “I think that we should go. It might be our only chance to get out of here before he finds us.” I explained my feelings in hope that he would go along with it. He smirked again and I knew we were going to go along with it. Maybe he wasn’t afraid of heights, maybe he just wanted to make sure I wanted to go along with it as well. Now all I have to do is make sure I am ready to go back to that place. There’s a lot of bad memories there, I’m not sure I can handle it.

~Flash-Forward~

Zane had fallen asleep a half an hour ago, his head resting in my lap. His smooth black hair was a wild mess that was tangled in my fingers. I never realized how afraid of heights I truly was. Though Zane did make me feel better, considering I was playing with his hair the whole time. I just wanted to get my mind off the fact that I was in a metal box up in the air. I don’t even like roller coasters, why would I think that this would be a good idea?

“So did Natalie give birth yet?” I hummed, turning to watch Peter. He seemed perfectly at ease, like he liked flying in a plane. He grinned at me and began pulling out his wallet.

“Ya, we have a little girl. Her name is Casey.” He pulled a picture out of his wallet, it was Natalie and a tiny baby wrapped in a pink blanket in the hospital bed. An ‘aw’ escaped my chest and I smiled at him.

“She is so cute.” I smiled.
Zane whined a little bit, then turned in my lap. Almost falling off from my lap, but I caught him and pulled him closer to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was still in pain, I know I was. To be honest it would been a good idea to wait for the ambulances to get there so we could make sure we really were okay, but none of us really thought of that. It only took the two hour wait in the airport for us to realize that we really were in a lot of pain. Actually they weren’t going to let us onto the plane because we looked like hell, but some how Peter talked them into it. I think he said something about his pregnant wife is going into labor and he has to be there for it. Lie or not, it worked.

“Thanks.” He smirked, slipping it back into his wallet then slumping into the seat more. Yawning a little bit. “I can’t believe you can live this life with him, I have never seen any other girl attempt it. I’m very thankful that he has someone who loves him. I don’t know what he would do without you anymore, he has never kept someone around as long as you. Not counting family of course.” I didn’t know how to answer to that, so I just nodded and cautioned petting Zane’s hair. “So, has he asked you to marry him yet?”

I felt my face heat up with blush. “Ya, I guess so. But we can’t really do that right now, so we are going to wait until all of this blows over.”

“Smart move, I know that he loves you and I know that you are in love with him. To be honest I think you are perfect for each other. He’s tough, your gentle. He’s outgoing, your shy. So on and so fourth.” I felt like he should know all of this. Was he studying us or something? It made me feel unsafe around him, but I guess I’m just going to have to ignore it for now. He got us away from his step father, I should be worshiping him. I just have to get use to having him near, it seems like he’s going to notice everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be a silent reader :)