‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

All I want for Christmas is you

It was only day two in this family vacation from hell and I was done with this shit. Breakfast was the least of my problems, because after breakfast daddy dearest took me ‘home’ to catch up. From there his newest wife, who was only 10 years older than me, took me out shopping. I also got to meet my half sister, Kayla. Everybody went out for dinner and I stayed home, telling them that I was ‘tired from our shopping adventures.’ I decided to call Oliver; maybe he was having a better vacation than I was.

“Hello beautiful,” he picked up on the second ring.

“I miss you so fucking much,” I wined into the phone.

“Not as much as I do, I’m seriously a few more relatives away from flying you up here.”

“Please do,” I sighed. “I’m about one more insult from my father from just saying fuck it and fly up there myself.”

“Well at least were both having suck ass vacations,” He laughed.

“True that,” I agreed nodding my head. “If only we could spend it together.”

“Oh speaking of that, have you gotten my present yet?”

“No,” I drew out the o confused.

“It was at the bottom of your carry on.” I told him to hold on while I dug threw my bag looking for something shinny. My hand gripped an envelope.

“Can I open it now?” I asked like a five year-old, excitement now taking over every fiber in my body.

He chuckled, “duh!”

I ripped open the envelope and in there was a plane ticket to the JFK airport in New York for December twenty ninth. “How did you know that I wouldn’t make it until the new years?” I asked laughing, “thank you so much sweetie.”

“Your welcome,” I heard some ruffling on his end. “I gotta go babe, but I love you and I’ll talk to you later.

“Love you.” I heard the dial tone and I hanged up sighing.

“Knock knock,” Diana, my step mother walked into the guest room holding up a variety of ugly Christmas dresses.

“Uh hello, what are you doing?” I asked getting off my bed cautiously.

“Silly! You don’t have a dress to wear to tomorrow’s party.” She told me smiling ever so annoyingly putting the god awful dresses on the bed.

“I have one, thank you though.” I smiled

“Oh okay then,” She frowned picking back up her dresses and walked out of the guest room.

“Thank you though!” I called after her feeling somewhat bad for being rude to her. I had nothing against her, only my father.

If only I could be up in New York with my boyfriend.

*


I just finished putting my hair into wavy curls, my makeup was done naturally and I settled on a simple red dress and tan heels, but much to my dismay I didn’t have any cute jewelry that went with it.

“Hey honey you almost do—“ Diana stopped mid sentence and she took a full second to take in my outfit. “You look stunning, but I have a pair of earrings that would look amazing with that dress.”

“Really?” I asked with a smile, she nodded her head heading out of the room. She returned just a few minutes later with a pair of emerald green earrings that looked amazing with the dress. “Thank you so much Diana,” I took the earrings gingerly putting them on with much care. “These are absolutely perfect.”

“I’m glad you like them sweetheart, they were my mothers.” She smiled.

I sighed looking guilty, “Look Diana I’m really sorry about how I’ve been treating you.”

“Don’t worry about it sweetheart, I know what happened between you and your father, and I’m not taking sides.” She smiled and walked out the door.

I smiled to myself, knowing that this was the mom figure I have been looking for, and I really didn’t care that she was only ten years older than me.

We were at the Fisher’s house within the hour, partying and having a good time. There was what seemed like hundreds of people, all scattered about, chatting and exchanging gifts. I recognized a few of them, but they all returned my friendly smiles with glares. With no one to talk to, I found myself in the kitchen with the rest of the moms, trying to help where ever I could.

“Honey get out of the kitchen and go have fun like the rest of the kids your age!” Luke’s mom scolded me.

“Oh really it’s not a problem,” I smiled cleaning up a few dishes that needed to be washed.

“I’ll get her out of your hair Mrs. H” Carter’s unmistakable voice boomed throughout the kitchen. He took my hand and led me out of the women cave, the moms all gushing about the cute babies we would make. “Now what were you doing in there?”

“Uh I like cooking and cleaning,” I smirked and he chuckled.

“You hate cleaning,”

“Not true,”

“So true,” He looked down at me. “Is it because you don’t know anybody here?”

“It’s because everybody in this town hates me for some reason.” I pouted.

“They don’t hate you,” he urged.

“They do too, and so do you.” I looked up and Carters eyes were locked directly in mine.

“I could never hate you,” I blushed and hit his shoulder.

“Blah! Stop being so cute,” He smirked.

“You think I’m cute?”

“No, don’t twist my words around.”

“No, I think you called me cute.”

“You’re delusional,” I told him grinning.

“Hey everyone guess what, Cam thinks I’m beautiful!” Carter yelled and a few people turned and look but most everyone rolled there eyes. I guess they were used to Carter’s obnoxious behavior almost as much as I was.

“Do not!” I yelled to the crowed laughing.

“Wanna dance?” Carter asked smiling, and I nodded letting him take my hand once more to lead me to the ‘dance floor’. Just as we walked on the dance floor, the song changed from a upbeat pop song to Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You. “Still wanna dance?” Carter asked.

I smiled, “Of course! I promised you a dance; I don’t go back on my promises.” He smiled pulling me closer to his body. I placed my hands on his shoulders and he placed his hands dangerously close to my butt, much to his pleasure.

“This is nice,” He smiled.

“Indeed it is,” I returned his smile. When I looked up I saw that Luke had placed a piece of mistletoe above our heads. He was smiling like a drunken idiot, which he was. I returned my gaze to Carters eyes and he was smiling. “Was this your plain the entire time?” I asked smirking at him.

“Depends, are you going to kiss me or not?” He leaned in half way and I moved in the other half, our lips meeting in the middle. They seemed to just melt together, as if they were made for each other and nothing else. I lost myself in the kiss, the simple peck turning into a much more passionate one. I broke away first, feeling so confused.

“I’m sorry I have to go,” I unwounded my body from his grip and made a dash for the door.

“Cam wait!” but I didn’t listen; I just kept speed walking away.

This boy has me acting like a love drunk teenager.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since the last update. But I have bad news, I work from 2 till close everyday this upcoming week. So I wont be able to update until at least next Monday maybe even later. Again I'm sooooo SORRY, but I gotta earn some bank. (:

Now all that sad news is out of the way....
BIG THANKS TO MelanieC. and Boston's Girl for commenting! this chapter is for you, you awesome people!

Cam's outfit
So please everyone go comment and subscribe

STAY BEAUTIFUL LOVELIES!!! <3