‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

If you lie you don't deserve to have friends

It’s been two weeks since I last saw Oliver; I don’t know how to tell him that I don’t love him. Or that I don’t want to be with him any more or how he doesn’t mean anything to me. Yeah any of those will do, especially since I just fucked him and left. I haven’t done anything but sit around the apartment and eat Ben and Jerry’s since. I shouldn’t be aloud to have a great life when I practically just destroyed one.

“Cam can I come in?” I heard the soft voice on the other side, Luke. I heard some knocking but I didn’t answer, I just kept staring into space wishing to disappear.

“Watch the fuck out!” I heard a shout and then some rustling before my door was slammed open.

“The fuck?!” I asked angrily standing up.

Alex got right up in my face and pointed a finger in my face. “What the actual fuck is going on with you?” I went to say something but she cut me off. “Honestly your being a fucking prick! You get flowers daily from Oliver who thinks he’s done something wrong but in all honestly you’re the one that fucked him over, literally.”

I lowered my head in shame, “I know.” I choked out, tears no longer being able to form. “I don’t know what to do, I mean all I want to do is cry and eat ice cream but I can’t even do that in peace!” I shouted making a grab for my rocky road but Luke caught it before me holding it above my head.

“No more,” he told me sternly before deposing it in the waste bin.

“We’ve given you enough grieving time, now its time for you to get your ass in motion. You have a game today and you’re going to tell Oliver the truth.” Alex told me, I nodded in response. Today’s the day.

***


Knocking on the door brought back so many memories, some good, mostly bad. The door opened and there stood a pale sad looking Oliver. He looked at me and rubbed his eyes as if he was trying to make sure it was me and not some dream. “Oh my god,” he murmured still not trusting his eyes.

“Can we talk?” I asked hugging my arms around myself.

“Yeah, please come in.” He stepped aside letting me in, after the door was securely shut behind me he started to talk. “What happened? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me I didn’t pressure you!” He rushed out looking panicked.

“No, no, nothing like that.” I promised him, it made me feel so much worse that he was worried he did something wrong, as if. “I-I uh I don’t know how to say this.” I admitted.

“What? What is it? Come on Cam you can tell me anything,” He urged for my answer.

“I don’t love you,” I whispered.

“What?”

“I never did,” I continued. “I thought I could make myself fall in love with you, but I couldn’t. I lied to myself and worsted of all I lied to you, and that’s why I haven’t been around. I can’t face my mistakes and I’ve done so much wrong to you. I don’t expect you to forgive me but I just want to apologize.” I rambled off, keeping my eyes on the floor not meeting his gaze.

“I loved you,” he whispered more to himself.

“I’m so sorry,” I let the last tear drop roll of my check before leaving. “You’re better off without a girl like me.”

“Oh yeah?!” he called back angry, “What type of girl is that?”

“One with baggage.”

***


Today was our first home game, against the Cardinals. I was a little worried about how my performance was going to be tonight because I haven’t been to practice since last week. I stepped out of my car; we still had three hours before the game actually started. I quickly walked to the batting cages were I saw the rest of the boys. I took out my favorite blue bat and put on my helmet hopping in the shortest line.

“Cam!”

Fuck, I cursed under my breath, I was hoping Coach Tim wouldn’t catch me. “Yes Coach?” I put on my best innocent smile.

“Were in the flying horse shit have you been?” I racked my brain for something, anything as an excuse.

I sighed; I guess I’m going with the truth on this one. “I’m sorry coach it’s just that—“

“Her childhood dog died and it’s been very hard on her to let go,” I look to my left to see Luke smiling sadly.

“Her what?” Coach asked still pissed but more confused

“My dog, uh Hillary. She was family to me, I’ve had her since I was a little girl and it was hard to hear that she died. I know that’s no excuse for me missing practice but I was still getting over this tragic event.” I put my head down and prayed that it worked.

I heard Coach Tim sigh, “Just don’t let it happen again, okay?” Before I could even answer he was out of the cages and out doing who knows what. I turned to Luke who was in the line next to me.

“You lying basterd, I fucking love you!” I whispered shouted. He grinned giving me two thumbs up.

“Your best basterd,” He smiled and I nodded.

“You know it.”

We continued to hit for the next hour or so, then we were called into the field house. It was a tradition for every home game; everyone would come into the field house, eat food, drink beer and act like dick-heads until it was game time. Once the time game the friendly atmosphere turned into a very tense one. We took our places on the field getting a quick warm up before the empires called ball game.

“Alright guys, we’ve worked hard for this moment right here. Work hard, fight back and give these guys what they came here looking for, a good game. Alright team work on three. One-two-three,”

“Team work!”

I jogged to my position, third base. Since our third baseman was still hurt, this was my current position. We had a short ten minute warm up before each team was called to their respected baselines; us on the third base line and the Cardinals on the first base line. The pledge of allegiance and the National Anthem went by quickly and then some current pop singer walked up to the pitchers mound with a huge smile and threw the first pitch, a LA Dodgers tradition.

“Play ball!” The umpire behind home plate called.

And just like that I was in my own world, were nothing could hurt me, I was invincible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam
So its black Friday and I've been up since three am, I think if I don't get sleep soon I will murder somebody.
Hahahaha and my mom embarrassed the crap outta me today, okay she does that everyday but today was REALLY bad. Two (extremely) hot guys + me + cramped car + my gross unshaven legs + my brother = one very awkward hour car ride.
Never again.

Well I hope everyone had a HAPPY thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate thanksgiving than i hope you still ate a lot! (:
Stay beautiful my lovelies <3
~Sunny