‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

I'm not a party girl

“Cam I swear on my life if you’re not up and on you way to making your self look pretty I will break down this door and bathe you myself!” Luke shouted from the other side of my door, which I’m pretty sure by then was almost of its hinges. I just groaned in response and threw my pillow at the door making Luke yell out in frustration.

“What the fuck is going on? It sounds like world war three,” Carter yelled from his room.

“Cam wont get her fat ass out of bed,” Luke yelled making sure to emphasizes the ‘fat ass’ part.

I threw my legs over the bed slowly making my way to the door, “fuck off.” Luke chuckled and threw me over his shoulders before bringing me to my bathroom and starting the shower.

“What are you doing?” I asked yawing.

“Bathing you,” my eyes shot opened and Luke started to laugh. “If this is all it took to make you wake up, I would have done it first.” I just frowned and pushed him out of the bathroom before stripping and getting in. I was in the shower for a good five minutes until the nice hot water turned into ice water. I squealed throwing my body out of the shower, with shampoo still in my hair I marched out of my room and into the hall way.

“OKAY MOTHERFUCKERS, WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?!” I screamed holding on to my towel that barley covered my lady parts. I heard laughter behind me I turned and I was face to face with Carter.

“Have a nice shower princess?” He asked smirking leaning on his door frame. I lunged at him but Luke caught me holding me back as I struggled to get out of his hold.

“Please don’t murder him in my house,” Luke sighed but I wouldn’t stop fighting him.

“You know Cam, with you moving like that I can see everything. I stopped thrashing my body around and fixed my towel so it covered everything it was supposed to.

“This is war,” I growled as I passed him.

I finished my shower in peace, when I finished I got changed in a tee-shirt, a pair of skinnys, my red toms and a grey beanie. I ran downstairs and I saw Luke and Carter watching TV together.

“Have you guys eaten yet?” I asked sweetly.

“Nope,” Luke said popping the p.

“Would you boys like some waffles and bacon?” They both gave me weird looks.

“Uh, sure that would be nice.” I smiled and walked into the kitchen pulling out the supplies I would nee, breakfast was on the table in less than 30 minutes.

“Boys breakfast is done!” I called out to them before taking my seat after placing food on everyone’s plate. We all started digging in; well minus Carter he just stared at his food. “Something wrong Carter?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah there is, how do I know you didn’t poison this?” He asked rudely and I pretended shock.

“Carter Fisher! Didn’t your mama tell you not to be rude to ladies that cook for you?”

He smirked back at me, “She didn’t say anything about bitches.”

*


I was actually extremely nervous to meet the boys I would be spending the next season with, but I wouldn’t let anyone know that I was scared. Luke was driving us to the local bar where everyone was meeting, and I was growing more and more terrified the closer we got. “You okay Cam?” Luke asked looking back at me; I could just nod my head not trusting my voice. We pulled up in front of Nikki’s bar and I could see a bunch of sports cars in the parking lot. Luke got out of the car and Carter followed after him, I on the other hand took my time getting out of Luke’s car. I followed closely behind the boys hiding behind Luke.

“Luke, my man!” A tall guy with brown hair came up to Luke and gave him one of those man hug things. “Who’s this pretty lady?” The tall guy took notice to me, “A girlfriend perhaps?” He wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

“No this Cam,” Luke said pulling me in front of him.

“Like the new teammate Cam?” The tall guy asked confused.

I nodded my head, “That would be me.” I held out my hand for him to shake it, he was hesitant but eventually shook it.

“Nice to meet you Cam,” He smiled and walked back to the table were the rest of the boys were.

“See now that wasn’t too bad, now was it?” Luke asked smirking.

“That was just the beginning,” I told him before taking my seat at the table, next to Brian and Juan. “Hey boys, how’s it been?” We launched into a meaningless conversation, talking about what we’ve been up too. Coach walked in and everybody took there seats around the very large table and the waitresses approached us, taking our drink orders.

“And what would you like sweetie?” The waitress asked in a lick southern accent.

“Can I have a sprite please?” She looked shocked seeing as the rest of the boys had gotten some type of alcohol, but she quickly masked her surprise and headed into the bar area to fix our drinks.

“No alcohol for you Cam?” Coach asked from down the table and I gave him a small smile.

“No sir, I don’t drink.”

“Bullshit,” a guy with a buzz cut muttered.

“Nope it’s true, Cam has never drinks.” Luke told them coming to my rescue and shot him a thankful smile.

“Well that’s new,” Someone from the left side of the table thought out loud and I blushed from all the attention on me.

“Well how about them Yankees? I heard they recruited a bunch of young players—“ I let out a sigh of relief thankful to have the attention off of me.

*


I stood awkwardly in the middle of a crowded dance floor as young people, much like myself grinded on each other. I grimaced seeing one couple practically having sex on the dance floor. I ran a hand threw my now curly brown hair and made my way to the bar, I got myself a bottle of water and sat on one of the stools making sure my back was turned to the older looking males drooling on the other side of the bar.

“So they were kidding when they said you didn’t drink,” I looked up and was meet with tall boy from earlier.

“Uh no, I don’t drink.” I mumbled uncomfortable with the situation I was in.

“You don’t like clubs either, do you?” He asked slightly amused.

I nodded my head no, “I really don’t like clubs either.”

He looked at me puzzled for a minute before finally speaking, “What do you like then?”

I sat there for what it seemed like hours thinking, “baseball,” I shrugged.

“That’s it?” He asked shocked.

“And uh, I like dogs.” I smiled sheepishly.

He just shook his head in disbelief, “You need to get out more.”

“No, I need to practice more.” With that I hopped off the tall bar stool. “Will you tell Luke I’m going home please?” The tall boy nodded his head. It was a mistake to come here,” I thought to myself as I hailed a taxi home. I’m a mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's Outfit
If this chapter doesnt scream filter than i dont know what does.
Guys i'm sorry, im kidda sorta on vacation. So updates will be slow, and crappy until i get home. Or aleast find some spare time, but it should only be a few days till the next chapter so no wories.

Blah!!

So as always, I love you guys, you make me all warm and fuzzy on the inside (;
Have an amazing summer!