‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Who could deny these butterflies?

I felt disgusting and it wasn’t because there was sweat dried onto my body from last night, oh no. I felt horrible with myself, you think I would have learned after the first time but I guess not. Even though I could blame it on me being drunk I know, drunk or not if Carter asked me to have sex with him I would have said yes.

“Morning,” Carter said glumly “I see you stuck around this time.”

“Didn’t have a flight to catch,” I cracked a joke, but it didn’t do anything to lighten the mood. Carter’s phone went off, he rolled over picking it up off the floor.

“Hello?” I sat there awkwardly not knowing if I should get my stuff and go or wait. “Oh fuck! Sorry babe I totally forgot I’ll meet you there in twenty minutes,” He paused looking at me, “Make that thirty minutes.”

I forgot about his girlfriend, the perfect Miss Callie. I would love to hate her, but she was just so fucking nice. “Uh I’ll show myself out.” I got out of bed taking the white sheets with me so I would be covered up. I picked my black dress off the floor along with my lacy red thong. I guess I would be rockin’ the walk of shame outfit today.

“You don’t have to wear those,” Carter said with a sigh before brushing past me and into his closet. He walked back out with a pair of jeans and a frilly top. I checked the tag and go figure it was a size zero, I laughed lightly before handing it back to him. “What? You can wear them. Its not like Callie will notice they went missing.”

I chuckled before throwing the clothing items at him, “I’m not a size zero or even a size four and I wouldn’t wear your girlfriend’s clothes anyways.” I wrapped the sheets around me tighter before stepping into the bathroom. I changed quickly knowing that Carter had somewhere to be. I slipped out of the door and ran to the foyer, with my clutch in one hand and my heels in another.

“Bye,” Carter called from upstairs and I turned around slowly giving him an awkward smile goodbye. “I hope you know that I meant everything I said last night.” I didn’t respond I just opened the door and walked away quickly. I got far enough away to pull out my phone and ask Alex to come pick me up. When she agreed to meet me at the coffee shop I was by I finally sat down and had time to think.

What exactly did he say last night?

Image


“So wait, what were his exact words?” Alex paused the movie we were watching, maid of honor.

“He said ‘I hope you know I meant everything I said last night’” I told her imitating Carter with a horrible guy voice.

“Well what could he have possibly said while he was screaming out words of ecstasy?!” She exclaimed throwing her hands up.

“Like I would know, I was drunk!” I groaned frustrated.

“Well he could have said the ‘L’ word,” Alex sounded like such a teenager when she said that.

“I don’t think so, he has a girlfriend,” I sighed.

“Oooohh, you’re the other woman.”

“Don’t remind me,” I groaned shoving my head into the couch pillow. After a few moments of silence I asked Alex if we could turn the movie back on.

“Why would I do that? This is better than some stinkin’ movie.”

“Now only if Ashton Kutcher was playing the lead role,” I sighed dreamily. We both started laughing, knowing that something like that would never happen.

“So what are you going to do now?” Alex asked once we settled down.

“Well I have to head to NYC, so I’ll probably start packing for that and then we have a optional practice that I have to attended because we both know I need it, and then I need to rearrange my closet or better yet go shopping for a new out—“

“CAM!” Alex yelled cutting off my rambling.

“Yes?”

“I didn’t mean your day plan; I meant what are you going to do about the Carter situation.”

“I know what you meant,” I told her sighing. “But in all honesty I have no idea what I’m going to do.”

“Well you need to figure it out quick.” I was going to ask why, but the door bell ringing stopped me in my track. I walked to the door, opening it to expose none other than Cater.

“Uh hi?” I asked uncertainty.

“Hey, can I come in?” I nodded my head stepping aside to let him in.

“Coffee?” I asked even though it was almost noon.

“No thanks,” he took a seat on the couch. “Nice place you have here.”

“Thanks,” I smiled tightly.

“Well that’s awkward; I’ll be in my room if you need me. No sex on the couch!” Alex called over her shoulder.

We both chuckled nervously, “So what are you doing here?” I asked hesitantly

“I wanted to talk, about us.”

“There is no us,” I told him firmly.

“Really? Because it sure seems like it to me, I mean I don’t just have casual sex with anyone!” He started to raise his voice.

“It was an accident,” I shrugged my shoulders, “Won’t happen again.” Lie.

“Look Cam, I get that your afraid or whatever of relationships but you need to get your head out of your ass and open your eyes. Whether you believe it or not there is something going on between us and if we can’t figure it out soon we’re going to end up hurting a lot more people then ourselves.”

I stood there in shock as Carter stomped out of the apartment, there was a lot going threw my head and I couldn’t sort everything out. I laid back on the coach and let out a loud groan. Alex ran out of her room covering her eyes “I said no sex!”

“Alex,”

“Huh?” She asked with her eyes still covered.

“I’m naked,” She screamed and ran back into her room. Chuckling I got off the couch knowing exactly what I needed to do.