‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Life is like a ***, it gets hard for no reason

The awkward tension that hung in the air the next day was absolutely horrible. After Carter and I finished our business in the bathroom yesterday we quickly left the field and headed home. Nether of us were brave enough to make conversation, so the five hour car ride quickly became what seemed like a ten hour car ride. When we both arrived back to the house instead of being mature adults we both went up into our rooms and stayed in there.

“Cam, we need to talk.” Carter snuck up on me as I was drinking my coffee.

“There is nothing to talk about,” I told him stiffly while eating my bagel.

“Bull! Cam we had sex.” He seemed embarrassed to admit this.

“We got caught up in the moment. It was a mistake.” I told him plainly.

“A mistake?” He asked shocked, “You think what we did was a mistake?”

“Yes Carter, it was a mistake. It shouldn’t have happened and I’m sorry I let it happen.”

“Yeah well I’m sorry I am such a mistake to you,” He spat venomously, and before I could respond he was stopping out of the house like a three year old.

Well that went well.

*


“So I thought you and Carter were on good terms, what happened?” Luke leaned over the over the kitchen counter top as I was skimming threw the morning news paper.

“You know I was thinking about going back to school to get my PhD,” I casually told Luke, hoping that it would get him off my case about Carter.

“Stop avoiding the question,” Luke frowned. Nope it didn’t work.

“We had sex okay!” I yelled out not quite comprehending what I just said.

“You what?” Luke asked shocked, once I realized what I just told Luke I tried to get up and run but Luke caught me before I could even get my feet on the floor. “Cam stay and talk about it,” Luke demanded.

“We had sex yesterday, after we raced these really fast cars and well this morning he came to me to talk about it and I told him it shouldn’t have happened. End of story,” my head was lowered in shame.

“Cam, you and I both know that you have feelings for him. Why did you lie about it?” Damn he knew me too well.

“Honestly, I’m scared of my feelings. I want to like him, I really do but his past is too much for me. What if I have to leave again? Is he going to freak out and repeat what happened last time? As much as I want to date him, it would hurt the both of us.”

“Cam look at me,” I raised my head to look into Luke’s green eyes. “You can’t just forget about your feelings, you aren’t a robot and no matter how hard you try to push away these feelings there always going to come back. So you better go get your skinny ass to Carter and tell him how you really feel.”

“Your right!” The grin took over my face, “I’ll be back later! Thanks for the advice!” I grabbed Luke’s keys to his car and jumped in. I back out of the driveway and raced to the place I knew were Carter would be, the bar.

As soon as I got there I ran out of the car and into the bar, flashing my ID to the bouncer. My eyes zoomed pass the people in the bar, trying to find Carter’s mop of brown hair. My eyes landed on Carter and he was talking to some blonde girl, it’s probably just a friend. I tried to reassure my self, I walked up to him and his friend.

“Hey Cam!” Carter hollered, he was way passed drunk. “Its about time you got here, I wanted to introduce you to someone.” He smirked at me and then pulled the blonde bimbo in front of him, “Meet my girlfriend, Taylor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wanna know what today is?!?!
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! WOO!!! (:
And it's also the first day of school.... woo ):
Which means less updates, and I know this one is really short and I will try and make up for it in the next one but no guarantees. Also I already have homework, which i should be doing right now, but French can wait! So the updating schedule for this story is going to be pretty irregular (not like it was regular before) Because I practically have two jobs, school work and a after school sport.
greenhampters676 I'm really glad you like the story, hopefully I'll be able to update a lot! (: And thanks for being the only one to comment! <3
I love you all!!!! <3
Stay beautiful my lovelies <3