No Where Left To Run

The Last Dance

“Did you tell Leigh or Elena what will happen if you do that Klaus spell” Jeremy asked me as we sat at a table in the school’s cafeteria and we were still on edge about last night; I knew that I should tell them what would happen but I had to do this on my own without them knowing.

“No and neither will you Jeremy, we don’t know for sure that will happen after. Have some faith in me” I said as I looked at him while I inhaled a deep breath because I didn’t want to get upset again; once I had gotten home last night I got into my bed and cried because I hate fighting with Jeremy but I couldn’t tell Everleigh about it which made it worse.

“That’s not fair Paige, you can't harness the power of a hundred dead witches. It'll kill you” Jeremy said to me quietly so no one else would heard but I still didn’t want him saying it out aloud especially when Everleigh could hear; I knew that he’s lost nearly everyone that comes into his life and I didn’t want to add to his pain.

“Shh! We don't know that for certain, you promised to keep my secret and I trust you. I'm going through with this and if you tell anyone, I swear...” I trailed off as Everleigh and Elena walked over to our table and sat down; Elena had seen a lawyer this morning so now the Salvatore house was in her name meaning no vampire could get in.

“Hey Jer, how are you doing? Are you okay at the house alone with John?” Elena asked her little brother causing our conversation to finish which I was slightly glad about; Jeremy wasn’t going to understand why I was so willing to get myself killed and I knew that.

“It’s not ideal, I have to go before I’m late for class” He said to us as he stood up from his chair and walked out of the cafeteria without even looking at me; both Everleigh and Elena turned their attention onto me because Jeremy always makes sure to kiss my head or cheek when he leaves.

“What’s going on? Did you and Jeremy get into a fight last night? Is that the reason you broke down crying when you got home” Everleigh asked me softly as she rubbed my back gently to comfort me but it wasn’t really working that well; I hated lying and keeping secrets from the people I love but over the years I’ve gotten really good at it.

“It’s nothing, we had a small disagreement and he’s just not looking forward to dressing up tonight” I said to them as I covered myself which was slightly true as Jeremy was only going to the dance for me; I knew he wouldn’t tell anyone what would happen to me unless he absolutely had to.

“Hey Elena, there you are. This totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight, so look for him. His name is Klaus” Dana said as she walked over to our table and looked at Elena with a smile on her face; Everleigh and I were instantly looking around the cafeteria for him even though we have no idea of what he looks likes.

“Where is he? Is he here?” Everleigh asked as she searched around the cafeteria but we didn’t see anyone that we didn’t know; a second later Everleigh realised that Dana had been compelled by Klaus.

Decade Dance

“Paige wait, before we go inside I want you to have this” Jeremy said as he took his ring off and handed it out for me to take; I couldn’t help but smile at him a little bit because it meant so much to me that he’d give me his ring to wear.

“The ring won’t work on me Jeremy. It’s to protect from the supernatural, not for someone who is” I explained to him as I took the ring from him and slid it back onto his finger; I held his hand in mine as I looked up at him.

“Well, I have to do something. I can't just... I can't just let you get yourself killed Paige, I love you too much to let anything happen to you” Jeremy told me as he entwined his fingers with mine and I knew he was terrified of losing me like he has with everyone else; I rested my free hand on his arm as I rubbed his arm softly to comfort him.

“I love you too Jeremy, I can't explain it but I can feel them. I'm empowered and I can do this, I know I can. I'm strong enough” I said to him softly as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me closely to his body; I wrapped my arms around his neck as I held onto him as tightly as I could when I saw Damon with Everleigh.

“Come on love birds, let’s go dance the night away” Everleigh said to us with a smile on her face as she’s been trying to lighten everyone’s moods today so we’d at least have some fun tonight; I took Jeremy’s hand in mine and practically pulled him into the school’s gym just in time to hear Dana dedicate a song to Elena.

“No, no I really don’t feel like dancing” Jeremy said as I pulled him onto the dance floor and started dancing with him; it was more like swaying than actual dancing but I loved it no matter what because we were finally in our happy place again.

“May I?” Damon asked Jeremy after a few minutes of us dancing so Damon took my hand as Jeremy walked off to see Elena as I was spun around by Damon; I knew exactly why he was dancing with me so I prayed that he hadn’t told anyone about my plans.

“You heard me and Jeremy talking, didn’t you? Everleigh and Elena don’t know anything, please don’t tell anyone Damon” I said to him softly so Everleigh nor Stefan would hear and I wanted to tell Stefan but I couldn’t risk him telling Elena; I danced with Damon as I looked up at him and in my heart I knew he wouldn’t tell.

“Your secret is safe with me Paige, I don’t agree with what your planning but I do understand why you want to do this” Damon said to me as he twirled me around under his arm before spinning me out and then back to him; we danced for a while longer which I have to admit was actually quite fun.

1 Hour Later

“We'll find another way, okay? Paige, you're not dying to save my life” Elena told me as we stood out in the hallway with Everleigh because Jeremy told Stefan who told them both; if I was honest with myself I knew this was coming.

“I have the power to save you! If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more” I said to her as Everleigh rubbed her temples because she knew that once I have an idea I stick with it; I didn’t blame Jeremy or Stefan for telling Elena and Everleigh because I would have done the same thing.

“Elena! It’s Jeremy, Klaus has Jeremy” Alaric said as he ran over to us and captured our attention immediately; the three of us followed Alaric as he started leading us through the hallways of the school but we weren’t seeing or hearing anything.

“Where’s Jeremy? Just stop… something isn’t right” I said as I stopped walking which caused everyone else to copy me and I had a gut feeling that this was wrong; I looked at Alaric as he turned around to face me and something seemed off with him.

“I just had to get away from that dance, the sixties were so boring. Not my decade, I much prefer the twenties. The style, the parties, the jazz” Alaric said as he chuckled to himself and I instantly knew what was going on here; I made sure I was standing in front of Everleigh and Elena so Alaric couldn’t get to them as easily.

“Klaus” Everleigh said as she figured out that Klaus had taken over Alaric’s body which meant he had a witch on his side and a powerful witch at that; he had been in Alaric’s body all this time so he knew about what we had been planning.

“Just relax Everleigh, I'm not here to hurt you or Elena. Neither of you are on my hit list tonight, little Paige here is and if you kill this body then I’ll get anyone… maybe Jeremy’s” Klaus said to me as I used my powers to send him flying all the way down the hallway; I turned to Everleigh and told her to run with Elena to find Stefan and Damon.

I looked back at where Klaus was before but he was gone as I walked down the hallway and into the cafeteria where he was waiting for me; I heard Everleigh, Elena and Stefan yell out my name so I used my powers to close the door so none of them could get in.

“Look at you Paige, is that all you got?” Klaus said to me with a smug grin on his face as I started fighting him with my powers but my nose was starting to bleed; I quickly wiped the blood away as my friends banged on the door and yelled out my name but I had to keep going.

I kept using my powers on him but he wasn’t getting any weaker which meant his witch had put a spell on him so he wouldn’t get harmed; my nose was bleeding a lot more now and I knew it was time so I looked back at Everleigh giving her a small smile as I fell onto the floor causing everything to stop, the door finally opened causing my three scared and hurt friends to come running over to me as my lungs stopped working.

Abandoned House

“Ugh this floor is too hard, it’s hurting my back” I mumbled as I woke up in the basement of the abandoned house where the Salem witches were killed; I smiled as I slowly stood up only to be lifted off of my feet as Jeremy hugged me tightly and kissed me with all the love and passion that he could.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again Paige, you’re not going to leave my sight. You understand me?” Jeremy said to me as he placed me back down on my feet gently but his arms never moved from around my waist; I nodded happily because I didn’t want to stay in the basement by myself as it still creeped me out a bit.

“I do but do you understand now Jeremy, I couldn’t tell anyone what I was planning because Klaus had to believe that I was dead. I wasn’t prepared for Klaus to be in Alaric’s body but he knew how powerful I was” I explained to my boyfriend as he tightened his arms around me protectively and he had no idea how badly I wanted to tell him my plan; but then there was a risk of Klaus not believing it.

“I understand but I wish you did tell me, I could have helped you somehow. But for now I have something for you” Jeremy said to me as he sat down on the floor and helped me down beside him as he pulled out his laptop and a small box; I watched him as he connected to the internet before opening a window so I could video chat with Everleigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!